Clients doing drugs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melliemel

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I went to a new client. I had never seen her in person before. She called me to make the appointment.
When I got to her house there were a view other people there as well. They were very loud and I felt a bit uncomfortable.
I started doing here nails. Then they started smoking marijuana. I didn't know what to do. The smell was terrible. I wanted to leave but I didn't. I finished doing her nails first.

What would you have done?

Did any of you ever had strange thinks like this happend to you when going to a client?

Melissa

What a predicament to be in. It is difficult because you have been invited into someones house and it is unproffessional to comment on how someone leads their life. But at the end of the day you must feel comfortable and if you feel at risk at all then you should say so or remove yourself from the situation. But that is easier said than done! Also they should have asked you if you minded them doing it....

You must do what you feels right. Perhaps when/if she returns for infills, you could say you felt a little uneasy last time and explain why???

Liza:rolleyes:

Hi

I had this problem once. I used to do Ann Summers parties and on my first ever party they all got stoned!
I was not all that uncomfortable as it seems to be a way of life now, not one i would choose but hey ho.

I f it made you feel uncomfortable then maybe you should ask her to come to you, say you have astma and it does not help????? Maybe she will apologise and promose not to be in the middle of a party when you next come.

Or you could ignore her calls? It's up to you hun.

xx

You must have felt awful, I know I would have done.
I would have thought that you can easily get affected if in the same room.
did you feel any effects at all?

I would have done the nails on this occasion but probably wouldn't do them again unless she promised not to smoke, whether it was just tobacco or nay other drugs.

A couple of my friends smoke weed and I remember doing her nails at her home and they were all smoking it and drinking... well apart from it taking longer to get the nails on.. by the time I had finished they were all happily stoned and on the same level and it was hard getting proper conversation out of them :eek:

I'm not uptight about them smoking it at all, but they know my 'student days' are well over and I was quite annoyed that they would choose that time to get wrecked - why not just wait?

That said, we are more forgiving of our friends and I mean it when I say, if I went to a clients home and they had the audacity to smoke weed around me.. I'd pack up my stuff and leave. Seriously. Whatever class the drug, they aren't accepted in most situations and I wouldn't work around them. In my opinion, being older and wiser, only losers smoke pot (yeah yeah ok people have pain and need it supposedly... hmm :eek: ) !!

AND as for being affected by them, by the fumes... when I was a great deal younger... me and my friend were smoking a few joints one afternoon in a friends bedroom - she didn't smoke it at all and never had, and never has to this day (think we put her off) - and when we all got up to leave, she was so stoned she couldn't drive her car.

So nobody should do this around you at all.

that is hard situation to be in I would have ask if it was possible while doing her nails that she not smoke because it came effect the outcome if thee nails the smoke and all.

melliemel said:
Hi Geeks,

I went to a new client. I had never seen her in person before. She called me to make the appointment.
When I got to her house there were a view other people there as well. They were very loud and I felt a bit uncomfortable.
I started doing here nails. Then they started smoking marijuana. I didn't know what to do. The smell was terrible. I wanted to leave but I didn't. I finished doing her nails first.

What would you have done?

Did any of you ever had strange thinks like this happend to you when going to a client?

Melissa

It's difficult to stay level-headed in situations like this, it is obvious you are worrying about talking about this with her!

Just stay really relaxed and don't turn it into a big thing unless she does....when she next phones to book an appointment, just casually mention that you're not a smoker yourself, and would she mind not smoking whilst you're doing her nails....you could also mention that the smoking messes with the sanitation process of her nails.

If she doesn't like the sound of not smoking just say you'd rather not do her nails! Simple as....and no stress:green:

Who are we to judge someone else's lifestyle anyway? You can do a lot worse than smoke pot!

AmydeMan said:
It's difficult to stay level-headed in situations like this, it is obvious you are worrying about talking about this with her!

Just stay really relaxed and don't turn it into a big thing unless she does....when she next phones to book an appointment, just casually mention that you're not a smoker yourself, and would she mind not smoking whilst you're doing her nails....you could also mention that the smoking messes with the sanitation process of her nails.

If she doesn't like the sound of not smoking just say you'd rather not do her nails! Simple as....and no stress:green:

Who are we to judge someone else's lifestyle anyway? You can do a lot worse than smoke pot!

It's not about judging the lifestyle - it's about a client not showing the common courtesy to keep her 'lifestyle' to herself. In my opinion it is bad mannered to do that.

And it is ill education these days that lets people believe that smoking pot is ok, whatever their personal situation.

i wouldnt stay if anyone was smoking anything around me and that includes tobacco. I quit smoking three years ago after my dad died of cancer and my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer (she never smoked a day in her life and sadly lost the battle in november). since I stopped polluting my own lungs with the disgusting stuff, i sure as hell aint gonna breath anyone elses smoke! Feel really sorry for you being in that situation hon x

I would have politely asked that they refrain from doing drugs in my presence.
If they refuse, pack up my bags, leave and refuse future appointments.

I have ZERO tolerance for ANY drug abuse.:evil:
Period.
You couldn't pay me enough to stay in any environment like that.

nuts bout nails said:
What a predicament to be in. It is difficult because you have been invited into someones house and it is unproffessional to comment on how someone leads their life. But at the end of the day you must feel comfortable and if you feel at risk at all then you should say so or remove yourself from the situation. But that is easier said than done! Also they should have asked you if you minded them doing it....

You must do what you feels right. Perhaps when/if she returns for infills, you could say you felt a little uneasy last time and explain why???

Liza:rolleyes:

If she´s paying you for her treatment, that is the main thing. I would just ignore the fact that she´s smoking pot (apparently it´s no more harmful that normal cigarettes and you wouldn´t think twice about that)... now if she was shooting up that would be entirely different.:rolleyes: :eek: Also, even if I were mobile, I would not allow my client to smoke whilst I was doing her nails. Just a thought and it´s dangerous too!

I personally would have politely asked for her to stop - I have been around people smoking weed and just the smell makes me want to hurl - and I smoke cigarretes!!! (and I have smoked a bit of weed in my younger days).

I however - respect non smokers, and If i am eating in public, or in a cafe etc, even if it is 'smoking' I will always ask the people I can see not smoking around me if they mind - I think its only polite - as I would hate anyone smoking weed around me. YUK.

She should have at least asked you if you minded!!! I know its her house and all, but out of common courtesy I woud have done!!!

Mrs Geek said:
If she´s paying you for her treatment, that is the main thing. I would just ignore the fact that she´s smoking pot (apparently it´s no more harmful that normal cigarettes and you wouldn´t think twice about that)... now if she was shooting up that would be entirely different.:rolleyes: :eek: Also, even if I were mobile, I would not allow my client to smoke whilst I was doing her nails. Just a thought and it´s dangerous too!
Have to agree with this.
Though I do think they were presumptuous & rude for assuming that you'd feel comfortable in this situation....
but saying that, aren't the laws regarding weed smoking more liberal in Holland?

Apex73 said:
Have to agree with this.
Though I do think they were presumptuous & rude for assuming that you'd feel comfortable in this situation....
but saying that, aren't the laws regarding weed smoking more liberal in Holland?
Actually, i don't agree with it.

Why ignore the fact someone is smoking weed? Or if it was tobacco for that matter? I think people are extremely ignorant to inflict there fumes on other people, and i'm a smoker!

Don't want to start a debate, especially as this is on the main forum, and not chat, but a friend of mine has actually got to take anti-pyschotic drugs every day due to years of smoking weed!

I think you have to decide melissa if you are willing to go back.

If you aren't happy with your client then don't go back. I'd have thrown a blind eye to the situation and just taken the money and left. A lot of people in this country take prescription medication, the thing is that we don't actually see them doing it.
I bet she was one of the most laid back clients you could have though tbh

personally, i would have asked for drag. In fact, i think its a bloomin cheek they didn't offer you a joint! i'd be more annoyed about that!

(i'm only joking, don't all jump on me at once!)

Buggy said:
personally, i would have asked for drag. In fact, i think its a bloomin cheek they didn't offer you a joint! i'd be more annoyed about that!

(i'm only joking, don't all jump on me at once!)

hahahahaha :green:

Well the smell of the stuff gives me a migraine so I would have said I would be unable to work in those conditions, offered a rebook when she's available with out the joint.

I would have politely finished her as you did and when she called to re-book I would just ask her to refrain from smoking around you .......what other people choose to do with their personal lives is none of my concern (heck I live in a place that's famous for the stuff !)so for me whatever !! ......but when I'm there please refrain.....as it does effect me .....

Latest posts

Back