CND Additives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't upload pics to the group :(

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343765913.530384.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343765913.530384.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 855
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343765942.054876.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343765942.054876.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 985
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343765974.793942.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343765974.793942.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 954
just got my kit a couple days ago...so haven't had much chance to play around. But did this set on myself. it's cityscape with pink gold on top

Attachments

• IMG_1864.jpg
    IMG_1864.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,341
  • IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1,301
Which 6 additives come in the kit? I can't afford to order it just yet :( want them all. Do you think there will be a kit with all 12 and brushes? x

Which 6 additives come in the kit? I can't afford to order it just yet :( want them all. Do you think there will be a kit with all 12 and brushes? x

Red , yellow , black , blue , antique bronze , spectrum shimmer and the free brush set x

can you let us know what is on top of what please?

It's a real random mix of blends so at best from memory:
Top row
Blackpool, bronze & green gold fade
Tropix, bronze tip
Tropix, red, yellow, bronze, pink mix. Just looks like Tropix with moonlight & roses!! Fail
Cream puff, titanium with spectrum tip
Wildfire, yellow tip (adds interest but not really worth it) Fail
Blackpool & ??? I can add these tomorrow after I've checked if anyone wants to know

Bottom row
Hot pop pink & bronze over
5 Blackpool with various mixes over
Bronze & haute pink over clear (love!)
Another random Blackpool mix!

Sorry that's not much help! Xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343770443.817468.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343770443.817468.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 2,463
When doing your colour pops do you use your shellac top coat or alternative? Thanks :)

I tried to get some mesh from hobbycraft but the the sale assistant didn't have a clue, I used the bag onions came in lol, i had a wee look for other things I could use was thinking a doogal (wire bath sponge) sorry if this isn't the way it's spelt,hth

I actually bought a roll of Tulle from Walmart. It's just like the mesh, maybe smaller and it was super cheap. I've tried using a bath poof but that was too big. Another thing that works is the mesh off the dishwashing sponges...I just cut it off the sponge and keep the sponge for other art.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

just got my kit a couple days ago...so haven't had much chance to play around. But did this set on myself. it's cityscape with pink gold on top

Gorgeous!

It's a real random mix of blends so at best from memory:
Top row
Blackpool, bronze & green gold fade
Tropix, bronze tip
Tropix, red, yellow, bronze, pink mix. Just looks like Tropix with moonlight & roses!! Fail
Cream puff, titanium with spectrum tip
Wildfire, yellow tip (adds interest but not really worth it) Fail
Blackpool & ??? I can add these tomorrow after I've checked if anyone wants to know

Bottom row
Hot pop pink & bronze over
5 Blackpool with various mixes over
Bronze & haute pink over clear (love!)
Another random Blackpool mix!

Sorry that's not much help! Xx

Some of these are stunning!

Just ordered my kit on s2
I have read through this thread and can't wait to get going, what are we charging extra? I did see someone asked this but can't find an answer among all the lovely mail designs in here?!?!x

Hey geeks. Just wondering when u are doing an ombré effect, how do u stop little droplets of the powder getting on the nail where u don't want them? And if they do drop down? How would u get rid of them? Xx

with mica to get that ombre look you need careful application (hardly any powder on the brush).

If you do want to 'tidy' up you could use a clean brush to swipe the tacky layer in the same way you could clean up smile lines but then you obviously can't go back over with pigment on that layer.

Have you watched the fingernailfixer video for ombre nails with additives?

Shellac with Additive Ombre - YouTube

Hi. Like Lucie I'm struggling to find a suggested additional price for Additives. I've Googled & searched & Swt2 but I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Gorgeous!

Thank you :)

Hi. Like Lucie I'm struggling to find a suggested additional price for Additives. I've Googled & searched & Swt2 but I must be looking in the wrong place. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you.

I am charging the same price I do for rockstars. Feedbacks from clients seems to be fine

I would say if you are just doing a flat colour with additives then a similar price to rockstars would be correct, but surely for the nail art you need to charge more to account for the extra time?

Why do people have to FIND a price? How did you set your prices in the first place? Copy the person down the road? Pluck it out of thin air?

Price depends on position, experience, cost of goods and the time it takes to 'add on' the extra service! I charge by the minute and however much longer it takes is what I add on! Pretty straight forward.

Last edited:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1343861821.216770.jpg
This is one of my therapist's first attempt at red and yellow ombré as in the Fingernail Fixers vid. I love them, except she mustn't have completely topcoats them as when she wiped with d:sperse, some white came through. Also when she was putting the topcoat on, the powder moved a bit and u can see a bit of white underneath the yellow. How can we make sure this doesn't happen?

Sorry to sound thick but can someone explain to me what cnd additives are? How do u use the pigments with shellac to
Get a variety of colours... Seems to be a large selection of colours. Thanks

Latest posts

Back