CND At Walmart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Walmart is trying to take on Amazon in their "Marketplace" approach. It is on Walmarts site, but as you can see, it says "Sold by Salon Supply Source". Looks like "Salon Supply Source" is a distributor in the US selling through them.

Have alerted CND. I suspect swift and very serious action if they can identify who Salon Supply Source is.

I informed CND a year ago about Salon Supply Source. Nothing swift about their action so far!!

I am putting my trust in CND that this will be rectified soon. I am very shocked seeing this and very disappointed that it happens, but such is life.
On the other hand, look at the situaton from a professionals' standpoint. We trained, we practised, we spent hours and hours ironing out issues in order to produce perfect nails, that don't lift or pop off. Do you really think that just anyone out there can pick up a brush and do what we do?! I don't think so! So, lets all hope that CND fixes this ASAP and in the meantime we just go and do what we were trained to do :)

I'm less concerned about that part of it than I am about the selling of Vinylux. My retail sales of Vinylux have stopped completely now because of BB and KD.

Biljana for me it's not the fact that I feel they'll be able to do anywhere near as good a set as I can, it's that they'll look at the products I'm using on them as a crap drugstore brand that they can get themselves, not a high quality pro brand!

I would turn and walk out of a salon that was going to use Sally Hansen on me, this is how I feel it will look like to my clients....NOT happy!

I have heard back from CND. So far this morning, the issue has gone to the top of CND, Colomer and even legal in Revlon Pro. So... yea. They are taking it pretty seriously.

Re: Logistics... It is VERY complex. The only additional action they can take is to put serial codes on each product they manufacture and to note where each bottle goes. This adds a layer of complexity (and serious cost) which will further strain an already challenged supply chain. A good example is S2. We know who we have sold products to. What we don't know is IF they have sold that product to someone else (who is selling on Flea Bay, etc...) or if the product that someone we haven't sold to came from us or not.

If we had a serialized inventory so we could fully track all of this, but the cost to us would easily triple our distribution costs and radically slow us down on delivery. Now scale that up to Colomer who deals with multiple lines in multiple countries and... well... its a mess.

There are some other ways that CND can better this (and some of those system have and are being implemented) however I can't openly discuss them.

What they can't do is go and "Infiltrate" them. There you start getting on legally cagey ground. But let me know if you ever fancy a vacation... er... somewhere. I am sure I have some air miles to spare for a VACATION. SOMEWHERE. ;)

Slightly off topic but wonder if someone can tell me.

Can a Shellac kit including lamp and gels be bought in the UK by non professionals? I have a good friend who is absolutely not a professional and she has purchased a full kit to do her own nails. I have no idea where from.

Can a Shellac kit including lamp and gels be bought in the UK by non professionals? I have a good friend who is absolutely not a professional and she has purchased a full kit to do her own nails. I have no idea where from.

Yes the kit can be bought off Ebay but it won't be an authorised CND Shellac lamp, it will be all the Shellac but it will have a generic uv lamp. :/ Well normally anyway.

Yes the kit can be bought off Ebay but it won't be an authorised CND Shellac lamp, it will be all the Shellac but it will have a generic uv lamp. :/ Well normally anyway.

Thank you Lisa. I didn't want to ask her a load of questions and upset her.
She would know how I would feel about it I think!

Biljana for me it's not the fact that I feel they'll be able to do anywhere near as good a set as I can, it's that they'll look at the products I'm using on them as a crap drugstore brand that they can get themselves, not a high quality pro brand!

I would turn and walk out of a salon that was going to use Sally Hansen on me, this is how I feel it will look like to my clients....NOT happy!

I completely understand and I am beyond livid myself :( But I have to have faith that this is going to e sorted quickly, I am sure CND is capable to force Walmart from associating with the mentioned suppliers and therefore cut the supply to Walmart? And until then I will rely on my knowledge and skill to offer the best service possible, because I will be majorly pissed if I have to throw away my expensive supplies and training down the drain!!

Ive just searched on ebay.there are genuine looking ones for sale

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ive just searched on ebay.there are genuine looking ones for sale

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

There's a woman on eBay selling the Love Shellac kit and trying to make herself a tidy profit and there are bits missing from it !!

All the local CVS' in my area sell CND.
It hurts me as my clients tell me they
Will just go there to get their solar oil.
I've called both Cvs and CND, and they
Haven't done anything as of yet.

I have heard back from CND. So far this morning, the issue has gone to the top of CND, Colomer and even legal in Revlon Pro. So... yea. They are taking it pretty seriously.

Re: Logistics... It is VERY complex. The only additional action they can take is to put serial codes on each product they manufacture and to note where each bottle goes. This adds a layer of complexity (and serious cost) which will further strain an already challenged supply chain. A good example is S2. We know who we have sold products to. What we don't know is IF they have sold that product to someone else (who is selling on Flea Bay, etc...) or if the product that someone we haven't sold to came from us or not.

If we had a serialized inventory so we could fully track all of this, but the cost to us would easily triple our distribution costs and radically slow us down on delivery. Now scale that up to Colomer who deals with multiple lines in multiple countries and... well... its a mess.

There are some other ways that CND can better this (and some of those system have and are being implemented) however I can't openly discuss them.

What they can't do is go and "Infiltrate" them. There you start getting on legally cagey ground. But let me know if you ever fancy a vacation... er... somewhere. I am sure I have some air miles to spare for a VACATION. SOMEWHERE. ;)

I'm VERY happy to hear this Sam and thank you for taking the time to look into this matter and get back to us with replies. I SINCERELY appreciate it.
I understand what you're saying and yes, it would be quite costly.

And yes, infiltrating is entrapment and all sorts of legal mess. I do understand that.

and yes, I just might take you up on your offer of a vacation one day hehehehehe

On that note, thanks again for clearing it up and keeping us posted. I'll keep my eyes on this space for updates as they are available.

I truly love CND.... never been happier since making the switch.
I want to continue this way.
:Love:

ps: please forgive my panic. I've been investing heavily for a couple of years now, and just two days go, submit two HUGE stock orders for CND products, including a TONNE of Vinylux to outfit myself at my new location, and marketing materials.
So you can imagine my dismay at this issue being brought to my attention after laying out huge sums of money.

Yes of course it can. Anyone who went to Olympia could buy it with no account or restrictions. You can also buy all of it including a genuine lamp from sellers in the USA and they will ship it. Not my chosen route but I'm sure plenty do.

Glad I haven't invested as much as I could have done - I thought I was paying that little bit extra for exclusivity.

I personally feel a company can only do so much in order to prevent other sources from selling their product. I like that CND takes these things seriously and trust they do their best to prevent it but would much rather they spend their extra money on R&D. No matter how much they tighten down, any Jake, Jill or Jane can buy any product somewhere, someway. I can only imagine how hairdressers feel. I use to color my hair myself and would buy Alfaparf from the internet. People asked me how I got it since it was a professional only product too... Just be happy you have spent the time and money on training and will set yourself above the rest, even if they have the same product. Customer's who want a shoddy nail job aren't my market.

Must be eBay?? Xx

very damaging to CND as a brand and also to us salon professionals. Not just the association with a low end supermarket or the that non professionals can but it even the description is unhelpful
"Less Damaging to Nails" "Gel UV"
<Bangs head against wall> hope CND will do the right thing and get this down.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but, this has only "gone to the top" to protect THEIR SALES not the pros.

I bought a stack of fake shellac for the purpose of the greater good which was sent to CND, that seller now only sells CND Shellac.

You can not honestly expect everyone to believe that these are all "fake" products, especially now Walmart has a tonne of it, that is just propaganda. They should be monitoring big sales and the fact they were alerted 12 months ago and did nothing speaks true volumes.

I had invested 10 years of my life into the CND ethos and now, my certificates and the process of certification is worthless.

How quick was everyone to slash at Gelish for stocking in Sally's? This is far far worse IMO

Yes... The nail supply whole salers round the corner from me in south east london openly sells the shellac and vinylux- not sure if they sell the lamp yet though but I'm sure that's next! Many salons along with the countless NSS salons round here shop there and all but shellac! It's sold cheaper than s2 sell it so then these salons can in turn charge less for the service!

They also sell gelish, opi etc the only brand of nail products I haven't seen are young nails actually!

Latest posts

Back