CND At Walmart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely not?!?!?!?! Can't believe CND would do this to the nail pro...

Looks like Walmart is trying to take on Amazon in their "Marketplace" approach. It is on Walmarts site, but as you can see, it says "Sold by Salon Supply Source". Looks like "Salon Supply Source" is a distributor in the US selling through them.

Have alerted CND. I suspect swift and very serious action if they can identify who Salon Supply Source is.

Thanks for letting us know... Keep us updated and let's hope the situation is rectified soon?!

Fingers crossed!

How does this amount of stock end up in the hands of these people for it to happen in the first place?

Looks like Walmart is trying to take on Amazon in their "Marketplace" approach. It is on Walmarts site, but as you can see, it says "Sold by Salon Supply Source". Looks like "Salon Supply Source" is a distributor in the US selling through them.

Have alerted CND. I suspect swift and very serious action if they can identify who Salon Supply Source is.

My friend succeeded in loading a cart, via the Salon Supply Source" site. She registered an account without proving certification. She was able to purchase product that is supposed to be restricted to professionals only, without proof of being a professional.
On the bright side, she IS a professional. She was testing the system to see what happened. Then she brought the matter to my attention.

I have contacted CND but only succeeded in leaving a voice-mail message. Their lines are busy at the moment.

I SINCERELY HOPE that this will be rectified and FAST!

ps: also sent them a message via their 'contact us' page, so they'll HAVE to respond to me one way or another. They can't ignore both phone and electronic message.

Last edited:
How does this amount of stock end up in the hands of these people for it to happen in the first place?

I'm sure they just bulk buy from CND direct. Just like my local wholesalers down the road they have tons of shellac for sale at really low prices. That's where loads of people round here buy it from! It's the same principe. I would love to report them especially as I'm trying to convert to shellac but can't charge much as everyone's got it! But where to?

If going by the way they have taken swift and very serious action against Beverley B I think we can expect just about no action at all to be taken.

If going by the way they have taken swift and very serious action against Beverley B I think we can expect just about no action at all to be taken.

Beverly B?

This company has been selling CND products on ebay for 5 years. So it seems doubtful that there will be "swift & very serious" action taken.

They are a registered company. They have a physical location. Since they would be buying in pallet loads locating the source of their stock would be pretty easy. CND are evidently not fussed in the slightest. Eats into profits...

I'm sure they just bulk buy from CND direct. Just like my local wholesalers down the road they have tons of shellac for sale at really low prices. That's where loads of people round here buy it from! It's the same principe. I would love to report them especially as I'm trying to convert to shellac but can't charge much as everyone's got it! But where to?

I know but surely these huge accounts should be queried. How much shellac does a salon go through after all. It was my understanding that all cnd products were to be sold through authorised distributors only worldwide. Allowing this to happen goes against everything we are told about cnd serving the professional. We are already undermined by eBay, Amazon and numerous other unmonitored online sales which I understand s2 are working hard to eliminate but how are their efforts going to change a thing if cnd aren't keeping track of their stock? I really hope we see a fast turnaround on this and I'd love to hear some feedback from cnd themselves.

Agreed. Just google 'cheap shellac' and take your pick! Bev is top of the list.

I don't understand how ebay sellers profit from the sale of shellac on ebay if they're selling the shellac at less than it costs to buy from sweet squared.

I can only guess that these are massive vat registered businesses who source the shellac cheap as possible (perhaps from America) and then claim a big lot of vat back. I can imaginethis a big earner for a number of ebay shops.

I LOVE my CND products, and I LOVE the support I get.
In the past 2yrs, I have invested heavily into CND.

But now... I'm afraid that my investment might have been for naught if this is the face of things to come.
I invested in the product AND the REPUTATION.
With all due respect, "Walmart" is NOT the kind of reputation that I want to be associated with.

When I first inquired about the buyout, with regards to my fears of diversion... I was told not to worry.
Really?

I had this with another brand, not nails related. I cut my losses, reputation is important.

I hope this is a mistake and that somehow a loophole has been exploited.

I don't understand how ebay sellers profit from the sale of shellac on ebay if they're selling the shellac at less than it costs to buy from sweet squared.

I can only guess that these are massive vat registered businesses who source the shellac cheap as possible (perhaps from America) and then claim a big lot of vat back. I can imaginethis a big earner for a number of ebay shops.

I don't get it either! I think it's actually only a pound or so cheaper but still I don't understand how any profit is made or how it's worthwhile even? Anyone else?

Despite people explaining vat to me many times on here u still don't get how you can ' claim it back' and make a profit lol (Shame)

Do not get me started on this.
Despite repeated and heated conversations about this CND will do sweet FA about it. This is a well known stance, and I've come under fire many, many times because of it.

Shellac, Vinylux etc are ALL available from a number of unauthorised online sellers, and who gives a damn?

I've said this before and I'm saying it again.

Who stands to gain from CND turning a blind eye?
Is it us?
Is it the official distributor?
Is it CND?

And then ask why are we continuing to support an organisation who seemingly doesn't care?

Bells are ringing all over at CND. I have every faith that this will be quickly rectified.

The real challenge (the one with BB) is that CND do not sell to them. So they have to try and figure out who is. This isn't as easy to do as you would think especially considering their logistical challenges. BB won't be buying off a single source, they will most likely be buying from multiple sources which makes the challenge worse. They make their margins by shipping flammables via cheap methods (first class post) and by dodging the tax man (mis declaring goods). The big problem with that is that THEY won't be held liable for the tax dodging, their customer will. Once HMRC catches up and on, there are going to be a lot of people who are going to be unhappy with receiving tax bills and fines for products they bought over the years this way.

CND shut down several diverters last year (multi million dollar customers) who they found to be diverting so they are committed, just challenged.

Forgive me, GMG, I'm a small business owner I have no idea of the intricacies of the logistical goings on of a huge multinational company and how controls are exercised but someone somewhere must know where this stock is going. I'm pretty sure that you guys at S2, as authorised distributors could tell cnd exactly how much stock you order and where that stock goes. How is that not the case for all distributors? We aren't talking a couple of bottles here we are talking about entire pallets going unaccounted for.

Your insight is really helpful and I know it's a very complex matter but what we need is a huge reassurance from Cnd and an understanding of how they are working to prevent it. Perhaps hearing more about what's been achieved so far in preventing this would help.

Crossing fingers because I'm utterly heartbroken and flabbergasted about this!

I thought long and hard on my choice, and invested heavily.
I had other options.
I had invitations from other brands to become educators for them.
I chose CND even though Educator status was not a guarantee for me, and chose to take the long road because I believed in their reputation and their products.

Now I'm just feeling lost.... :-(

Sam, I'm pretty sure that BB could be infiltrated very easily if someone put their mind to it.
You have someone either go work for them, or hang out near their place in Northridge and watch the delivery trucks.
Hell, if someone paid my flight I'd get to the bottom of it in a week or two flat.

Latest posts

Back