CND At Walmart?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I first started doing shellac I emailed BB asking if they were authorised distributors and they said yes. Still didn't order from them though because the same day I got an email from them I read about them on here. They were very confident in saying they were authorised. X

Heck if Rachel Ashwell can copyright "shabby chic" and get ebay listings and websites taken down I just can't understand why other companys can't do it.

Oh! I didn't know that! I've never even heard of her lol and I've put shabby choc stiff on in the past. ..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

When I first started doing shellac I emailed BB asking if they were authorised distributors and they said yes. Still didn't order from them though because the same day I got an email from them I read about them on here. They were very confident in saying they were authorised. X

No CND distributor in the States is authorised to sell outside of the States although they may be authorised to sell within the States. What we call twisting the truth to say they are authorised! But authorised to sell outside of US borders ... No they are not. They ship illegally, they misrepresent what is in the parcels they send .. They ship flammables illegally and they do not declare the goods as flammable, and the goods come into the country undeclared and duty is evaded. If caught, it is you and not they who will be made liable for all charges. Samuel has explained this already in this thread.

So BB IS an authorised distributor/retailer in the US? But obviously not worldwide. I'm truly shocked that there has been a backtrack on this, as has been stated many times on here that BB sells not genuine products or illegal products, but you have just confirmed that CND DO sell to them and they are genuine Shellac/Vinylux.
So why have CND chosen to authorise them knowing they sell to the general public, when CND are supposed to support the professional?

So BB IS an authorised distributor/retailer in the US? But obviously not worldwide. I'm truly shocked that there has been a backtrack on this, as has been stated many times on here that BB sells not genuine products or illegal products, but you have just confirmed that CND DO sell to them and they are genuine Shellac/Vinylux.
So why have CND chosen to authorise them knowing they sell to the general public, when CND are supposed to support the professional?

I actually did not say anything of the kind. And there is no turn around. I do know that CND do NOT sell direct to them I believe they are buying from multiple people in the States and no idea how they are getting products, which is why it is all so difficult.

I was talking in general about CND authorised distributors not being allowed to sell outside of the States. I never mentioned BB were authorised. Best not to jump to conclusions. Sorry if you were confused by my post.

Yes I was perplexed by what you had stated as it did sound like you were 'in a roundabout' way confirming BB were authorised by CND. I have read many times on here & elsewhere that they have numerous 'backers' that sell on to them. I am glad you clarified your position. 😄

Here is a bit of history, though I can't confirm if these numbers today are completely accurate.

There was a time when CND sold to many independent distributors in the USA. These independents were all bought up a few years ago by about 5 huge groups. CND sold only to those 5 massive groups who in turn supply smaller independent distributors. See the problem?

It is nigh on impossible to tell who is supplying to whom, unless the sales become huge to a small concern and they stand out. But if a small concern is keeping under the radar by buying from multiple distributors it becomes an almost impossible task to see who is then selling large amounts abroad. Believe me, CND are working on it.

To be honest it affects S2 and other legitimate distributors much more than it affects you. We don't like it, CND don't like it. We have to trust that they are doing what they can and have patience. They are VERY aware but they are not going to broadcast what they are doing for obvious reasons.

I hope this helps. X

Last edited:
That does make things clearer Geeg, I'm glad it's being taken seriously.

Are any other Aussies reading this? I'm shocked at how cheap shellac is internationally! We are paying almost 3X the price over here!! :(

Can this be locked? Getting a bit boring now.

Weldone for advertising them btw. Im sure their sales will be up now

I'm sure you've said this exact phrase before on a previous thread?!

There isn't a gun to your head making you read it.

If you don't like a thread then bypass it. Quite simple.

In the US they are In walmart and target :(

Amber

Its daft. People getting stressed over nothing!

CND can be found anywhere online. It wont stop.

This other company are cheaper than S2 - does it matter?

Look at ebay - you can by it from ebay shops from there

Mountain out of a mole hill

Um, yes it flippin' DOES matter!
My retail revenue is an important part of my income, and I have lost all that revenue from the sales of Vinylux because my clients can buy it MUCH cheaper elsewhere now.

It was bound to hapoen at some point

There is something very wrong with being sold a system and products as professional only to then have that product appear for direct sale, whether or not it is intentional is irrelevant.

I walked away from a company last year for doing exactly that, they used professionals to build awareness and give credibility for their products then sold it everywhere including online. Very dishonest. At least it appears CND have not intentionally allowed this to happen.

Agree with what Lynne has said here... I thought someone was going to buy 6 vinylux a few days ago until they said "Oh, I can get it for £40 on amazon". Had a quick look on amazon and there is BB along with some others!

I'm just starting out so glad I didn't buy the spinner rack :(

Its daft. People getting stressed over nothing!

CND can be found anywhere online. It wont stop.

This other company are cheaper than S2 - does it matter?

Look at ebay - you can by it from ebay shops from there

Mountain out of a mole hill

It might be a mountain out of a mole hill to you, I don't know your background but to a US based spa owner, with a CND authorised establishment who has invested thousands in CND it is a huge deal.

Sorry, I cannot get my head around a fellow pro being so dismissive about something as huge an impact as this. Yes you can get unscrupulous sellers on Ebay etc, but the WM situation is huge as it is so mainstream! Just having the pro pricing out there for everyone to see is not good.

Like others have said through this thread, I very carefully choose a product that was "exclusive" to the pro. I don't use OPI/Essie and a dozen other brands you can buy at the corner CVS, WG or WM.

I did a course recently with CND and this was a hot topic and everyone was raging about it. So, I too wait and watch to see what is going to happen.

Everyone needs to recognise when someone is inciting anger and bad feeling and simply ignore it.....

Is it called trolling?

Latest posts

Back