CND Brisa conversion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geekling

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
Just wanting your opinions really.

I did gel enhancements at college during my beauty therapy level 2.
The teaching wasn't the best and I defiently don't feel confident. - I can create a half decent set, but not to where I would want to actually charge anyone for them!

I wanted to do the full enhancements course as I did my acrylics with essential nails (what a mistake) but I cant due to my non-beauty job & having no holidays left.

Do you think it would be worth doing the conversion?
Will it help me feel more confident in doing them?

Also the general fact of using brisa is amazing! :)

Thank you in advance!! :) xxx

Go for it. It was fab and really helped with my confidence xxx

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

Thankyou! I'm praying I can get the day off work lol! I don't know why but I was planning on doing the full enhancements, totally forgot i am actually qualified in gels! Who does that?! I'd been focusing so much on the fact I couldn't do a conversion (essential nails and all that) it just never occurred to me that I could do one in gel! Sometimes I'm so ditzy I could go mad! Haha! :) xx

Anyone else? Xxx

Not sure what you are wanting to hear! The Brisa conversion class will teach you how to use Brisa gel, but it is not a class to teach you how to do nails ... Of course you will pick up all the best hints and tricks to using Brisa which is a fantastic gel.

If you feel following the class, that you need help with making more
beautiful nails, then you can book 121 time with your trainer.

Doing the creative complete course is of course the absolutely best option for you as you will fill in the huge gaps in your knowledge left from the other course and it will benefit you immensely. You will also cover all the systems on the CND Complete and get all your products etc. I think It is your best option if you really want to feel confident.

Thanks geeg! I'm pretty confident with my manicure/pedicure from my college experience as that was very thorough! It was just the gels that didn't have as much time spent on them! Why I don't know!

Anyone else's opinion on this? Xxx

Brisa Conversion is great, but it is liturally just that... a conversion.

It won't teach you about doing extensions, as you are already qualified in this, it just shows you how to get the best from this product!

If you're not confident, then you need to start practising, or talk to your educator, and explain what you're not confident about. The best way to go about this is do more and more extensions to get used to it, and become more confident

Anyone else? Xx

i think as you did your course with essential nails you will be missing out on so much which is why your confidence isnt there.

if you are doing enhancemnents and they are not lasting then you will need more than the conversion so either the conversion plus several hours of 121 tuition or wait and do the full course. having just re read what you had said i would say the full course is what you need as you dont feel ready to charge for a set!

the conversion course is more for someone who has been a working tech for a while and is just changing products to brisa not actually needing to start learning how to provide a decent set of nails xx hth

I did my acrylics with essential nails. Im planning on doing the whole acrylics course with CND.
My gels were included with my beauty therapy level 2, taught through the college with a teacher. Thanx for your reply! :) I can create a decent set of gels; just not as perfect as they should be. I think it's just more confidence building that I need and also the proper knowledge of how to use the gels correctly. Ill re-rhink it all i suppose. Thanks again xxx

Brisa Conversion is great, but it is liturally just that... a conversion.

It won't teach you about doing extensions, as you are already qualified in this, it just shows you how to get the best from this product!

If you're not confident, then you need to start practising, or talk to your educator, and explain what you're not confident about. The best way to go about this is do more and more extensions to get used to it, and become more confident

Just saw your post! Sorry!! Thanx for your reply, I fully understand what the conversion is to teach about the product and how to use it, I was just wondering if anyone who hadnt been confident in them before found anymore confidence after doing the conversion. Thanx again for the reply, il defiantly keep on practicing on my nail trainer hand :) xxx

I had been doing L&P (CND trained) for 6 years before I did the Brisa conversion and I had never done gels before. I have found that the conversion was more than enough for me, then with practice, to be confident with gels.

As long as you know how to apply tips, sculpt, understand the theory behind the zones and how to form a strong nail then you should be fine just doing the conversion.

If I were in your shoes I'd go for it because you'd get the basics from the conversion then you'll know what more you need to work on & can book onto 121's or some of the other skill courses.

That's just what I'd do xx

Thanx ladies! The biggest thing I'm struggling with is the gel running! (nsi balance) it just seems to get away from me! Lol! I'm going to book a few hours 1-1 to trouble shoot and then do the conversion! Thanks again :) xxx

I use Nsi, but prefer the balance builder gels. Just my advice, but try not to over work the gel, and you could try a 10 second freeze for each nail when building the apex. I find that this helps!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanx Ill try that with my next set, Iv found it will sort of 'run' down one side of the nail? Xxx

It could be that the nails aren't totally in the right position in the lamp? Try the body builder gels, they have a thicker viscosity and will stay more where you put them!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Thanks I will do, its usually builder blush that I have the trouble with xx

Like said above a conversion is to teach you about the products and how they all work together, not actually how to 'do nails'

Just a thought....

If you plan on doing CND Liquid and powder class why not just go CND Enhance. It's not much more money and you learn all about CND Brisa gel beginning to end along with learning CND Liquid and powder!

http://www.sweetsquared.com/Education/Foundation

Look at the differences between CND Enhance and CND Liquid and Powder!

Latest posts

Back