CND Colour & Effects - discontinued?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jojosnails

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

As the title says really, does anyone know if these are being discontinued? Just been onto S2 to order some and the colours I wanted aren't on there anymore, and the selection seems much smaller.

I will call S2 but just thought I'd see if anyone knows on here?

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing when i went through their catalogue but haven't got round to calling them yet, i hope not but i have a feeling they might do :(

Haven't they just changed the names of the colours? The stock might be low because of the switch over?

Haven't they just changed the names of the colours? The stock might be low because of the switch over?

Haven't noticed any name changes? The ones on the website are the same names as far as I'm aware. Any idea why they are changing the names?

ooh I hope they have!! I love the quality of the polishes and the dry time but I've never really got on with colour & effects. I prefer one bottle = one colour, but with the option of layering some colours if you choose to e.g shellac, but essentially I like to see one colour in the bottle. Also I'm not a fan of the colour range of c&e. I was in Tesco today and looking at the Rimmel range, their colour range is amazing, absolutely beautiful with everything from classic to current, I'd like to see CND a bit more like this.

I know that CND are bringing a new polish out next year and I have asked them if it will run alongside c&e or replace it but they wont divulge any information just yet, though if they are running the c&e stock down I suspect they're going to discontinue it, and I for one will be really happy about this (subject to seeing whatever they intend to replace it with!)

I hope they bring the new ones out soon. Had a couple of shades I needed to order in for a client to buy but guess what, they are ones that have gone already! :(

I have wondered if the Colour & Effects concept didn't work as well as they hoped for. In theory a great idea, but in practice hard for clients to grasp the concept and most importantly the end result! Also as a retail product would clients prefer to buy one sparkly colour, or one colour and one sparkly effect so they spend twice as much?

For a long time I struggled with C&E for this very reason!

I love the end result of using the C&E but I do agree that people prefer to buy one colour, the retail price for two was just too high! Personally, I like the concept and think it is fun to use the effects out over all my other polishes and get so many different results. I also love them for changing the look of my Shellac when I get bored with it and I have retailed some for this purpose.

Oooh I hope not, I just switched over to C&E from a cheap brand and I'm absolutely in love... my clients are impressed too!

Yes it's difficult to picture the end result but my clients trust my judgment (what goes well with what) and they like the "thrill" of not quite knowing how the effects will change the look :)

xxx

Oooh I hope not, I just switched over to C&E from a cheap brand and I'm absolutely in love... my clients are impressed too!

Yes it's difficult to picture the end result but my clients trust my judgment (what goes well with what) and they like the "thrill" of not quite knowing how the effects will change the look :)

xxx
God I hope not!!! My clients love them and so do I!

I'd like to see a CND polish range that matched Shellac x

Latest posts

Back