CND Heat Dry

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicky's nails

Reaction score
hi guys

just been reading my copy of the guild gazette (go Andy btw lol) and saw some amongst some of the new products, an item called CND Heat Dry, which it says can be dried by a table lamp or hairdryer, so am i being stupid im assuming by table lamp they mean a standard desk lamp, not a uv lamp (i dont have one lol)

if so has anyone used this , because i have a client who regularly goes on holidays and cruises etc for two weeks, and finds her polish dosent always last that long before it chips etc, and wants to extend the life of it, but i dont offer a uv top coat like her old salon tech does, so would this be of benefit to me do you think?

im hoping theyve got some in stock when i do my final day next week in manchester, fingers crossed eh

just looking for some feedback please guys xxx

Hi

I use heat dry and its fab. Yes you just use a normal desk lamp provided it has a 60 watt bulb, and they are dry in 3 minutes (touch dry).

I love it and would recommend it. I also use a variety of topcoats depending on the client but heat dry is my most commonly used one

Hi

I use heat dry and its fab. Yes you just use a normal desk lamp provided it has a 60 watt bulb, and they are dry in 3 minutes (touch dry).

I love it and would recommend it. I also use a variety of topcoats depending on the client but heat dry is my most commonly used one

cool thanks chelle, i will check if my lamp is 60w, dont think it is, but easily changed eh

ta chick xxx

Can you use this with a UV lamp? Will the client suffer because theres no acrylic?
And how do you get it off,,, file or soak?

dont know hun, they didnt have any in CND Leigh when i was there last week, because they dont stock it, they have the INM? one instead, so i got that to try, but.... havent had a go yet, cant use it on me, and havent had any clients that i could try it on yet, hoping to have a go on friday , but im unsure as to whether it comes of with remover or filing

will keep an eye on this and find out lol:lol:

I saw this too and was interested as I only do natural nails.

I use my UV lamp to dry the CND heat dry top coat and it works FAB. I love heat dry and very rarely use anything else now.

well all i can say is wow,

i used it yesterday on my daughter and its brill.

my daughter has very oily nail plates and normally it starts chipping within hours cos she's in and out of water, diggin in the garden, picking her nose, picking at them:rolleyes: etc etc, well i used a little of the heat dry and just put her under my desk lamp, for no more than 2 mins, and voila after being out til 12.30am at a party and getting up this morning, not a single chip or peeling nail, i am well impressed.

Now as to taking it off Kirsty, it did come off with remover, but took a good while longer to start coming off IYKWIM, my clients are gonna love this

wooohoooo:lol:

Can this only be used over natural nails and varnish?

Can this only be used over natural nails and varnish?

oh i dont know hun , do you know, i never thought to ask actually :rolleyes:

Yes the INM can be used on natural nails,

Came across this post and had to comment.

Love the CND Heat Dry!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Within minutes, literally, the polish is dry..hard..shiney! Who would think that after 20 mins of painting my nails Id be able to brush my dogs. Its fabulous!! Its a top coat that sits under a 60 watt lighbulb (normal desk lamp) for 3 mins. It can be applied to natural nails or enhancements & be removed with polish remover.

Youd be crazy not to try it guys! Really! Im in love with it because Id normally have to repaint my nails every day or 2 after working with acetone, etc all day long. I wouldnt mind the polishing part, but the drying portion?? It was taking up too much of my time.

One question though, why wouldnt someone want to always use a topcoat like this?
Option A) Normal top coat that may dry quickly, but is very prone to smudging if not careful enough
Option B) Heat dry top coat. It doesnt need an expensive UV lamp, dries within literal mintues.
I dont get why everyone wouldnt use it! Im sure the manicure sales would sky rocket if people could be almost guaranteed to leave the salon with perfect nails.

Is it a money issue? Its not that expensive. Normal CND top coat seems to be 5 dollars. This Heat Dry is about 8.

Try Try Try!! You Will Be In LOVE

Forgot to mention...

I was highlighting my moms hair, painted her nails, used Heat Dry, left and came home. She was going to wash the hair color out herself, just 15 mins after I was done painting her. She didnt have a smudge, line, hair mark, nothing to the nail!! PERFECT

I think that was the true test!! Washing color out of your hair!!!

No more sheet marks 8 hrs after you paint your nails!!

So would you use the super shiney top coat still?
Base coat
2/3 polish
Super shiney or UV Heat dry or both?

Plus has anyone used it over gems etc does it dull them too much?

I used Heat Dry as the only top coat. Everything else the same. Scrubfresh, Stickey, 2 coats, Heat Dry!

I cant say Ive tried them over rhinestones but I would assume it would still look good and hold them in great!!

Latest posts

Back