CND Itec

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugar and spice

Reaction score
I have just done a 14 day complete CND course and have my pre assement day then my itec day to go ,im in the process of building a port folio of my work ,the course was absolutely brilliant ,small classes and i have made some lifetime new friends ,the training was the best having gone down a cheaper route intially ( BIG BIG MISTAKE )
the course is not the cheapest but the FULL kit you get is amazing and top quality products i am able to produce some really nice nails and friends .clients have been very happy to pay ,this money is being used for more stock and futher training as im now addicted
From my trainer to sweet squared every one is so supportive and helpful ,so much love and respect
the best advice I can give anyone considering this course is DO IT you wont regret it

Can i ask why you chose the complete course? im about to call and book the L&P course as i will hopefully master that then go onto shelac and minx but keep reading about ppl doing the complete one..

Thanks in advance for help and opinions..

Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Hi Kinkyboots ,i stalked salon geek for a long while reading and absorbing info ,and i decided if i did a part course it would be sods law id get request for work i couldnt offer so i decided to jump in at the deep end its now easier to say what i can do and not what i cant ,and at the moment we are getting a lot of request for gels ,i knew if i didnt do a complete i would want to add to my services anyway,if i can be of any help please dont hesitate to ask ,I know if you do the complete you wont be disappointed
x

Hi Sugar and Spice, good to hear such positive feedback!

Where did you do your course? And what do you need to do for your portfolio?

Can i ask why you chose the complete course? im about to call and book the L&P course as i will hopefully master that then go onto shelac and minx but keep reading about ppl doing the complete one..

Thanks in advance for help and opinions..

Xxx

One of the reasons that people decide to go for the Complete course is it actually works out cheaper than doing each system in an individual class so if your intentions is to offer all the systems ie; Manicure, Pedicure, Shellac, Gel, L&P then it would be far more worth while doing the Complete Class.
hths

Hi Floss26
I did my Training in Braintree essex with the lovely Justine Crick ,she has been totally amazing and even with those silly questions we find ourselves having been so patient and helpfull given up a Saturday to come and help us with our relaunch at our Salon
by port folio i mean our case studies 5 manicure/pdicures ,gels and l&P extentions ,overlays,nail biters ,shellac and polish apllications before and after photos and client consultation forms etc easy to produce as you go about your working day
I deffo have the CND bug xxx

Im only intending doing L&P, shellac and minx?

can't do feet, they freak me out big time...lol..

Kinkyboots whatever training you do with CND u will not be disappointed guaranteed !!!!!!!! xxx

I looked into doing the complete course but decided to do the NVQ instead as I can't understand how a complete novice like myself can learn nails in 14 classes. I know that the 14 lessons are spread out but that suggests practicing unsupervised. My NVQ will be a year long course and I think I learn best under supervision. I do intend to do a conversion course with CND after I have gained my NVQ.

Did you feel 14 lessons was enough to feel confident?

Sugar & Spice - thank you so much for the positive and fabulous feedback. Alex Fox and I were chatting yesterday and talking about how much difference we were making when it came to creating serious nail professional and what it all entailed.

We are thrilled you got so much out of this and chose to share with others. Education is the route of Sweet Squared & CND's culture and we are proud of CND Eduaction Ambassadors above all things - Justine Rocks!
Love & Respect
Samantha :Love:

Just a quick question. Are the 14 days or so spread out. For example 2 days a week over 7 weeks or is it a straight 14 days (2 weeks)

Thanks, Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

I haven't done the new course, but the education is amazing isn't it!

Good luck with your presassessment and ITEC - not that you'll need it, of course ;)

Education is the route of Sweet Squared & CND's culture
Ooh, clever! :D

I looked into doing the complete course but decided to do the NVQ instead as I can't understand how a complete novice like myself can learn nails in 14 classes. I know that the 14 lessons are spread out but that suggests practicing unsupervised. My NVQ will be a year long course and I think I learn best under supervision. I do intend to do a conversion course with CND after I have gained my NVQ.

Did you feel 14 lessons was enough to feel confident?

Just to clarify,the CND Complete is 14 full days plus 2 extra days for ITEC completion . An NVQ at college will be about 30 weeks but only approx 3 hours per week. So it does work out the same? Both require unsupervised practice between lesson but you will have many more students in a college class, many of whom don't really want to be there!

Having taught both, trust me, do the CND Complete, you won't regret it

Hi Glamma
its 14 full days spread over a few weeks and yes i feel my education has given me the confidence to go out and call myself a nail tech ,dont get me wrong i dont think im the best nail tech in the world but im enjoying my journey due to the brilliant start i have got off to with CND
I get so excited about the nails i am producing and this is just the start 100% of clients have returned and i have even done a famous ladies nails twice now ,laura Hamiltons tv presenter and runner up of dancing on ice 2011 ,i am so impressed with CND and sweetsquared and really must give Johnothan a mention a happy helpful voice always at the end of the phone
i know i keep saying it but really stop thinking about it and do it ,thats about the best advice i could give to any of you ladies considering the cnd 14 day complete xxx

mrs Geek
justine is brilliant and her new academy is a credit to her ,i consider myself very luky to have been tought by her she really does rock lol xxx

Hello, can I just ask, how did your clients feel about you building a portfolio while charging full price in your salon?

I have a home salon and am already trained in manicures/pedicures so would I have to lower my prices again as I will be becoming a student again?

Just wondering about how you dealt with this?

Thanks x

HI lovebeauty ,I also was already qualified in manicure and pedicure ( no where near the same level )and this really hasnt been a problem , there are one or 2 clients i have choosen not to ask but the others have all been fine ,the only thing i have offered at half price for the first 20 clients is Liquid and powder as i personally feel i need the practise in these the most ,
I actually think that it makes the client feel rather special with before and after photos and the fact they are helping with my training xxx

so somebody told me that the ITEC completion/pass required you to be able to do a full set of L&P etc in 90 minutes, do you feel this is going to be difficult for you to do so? as i worry that may be a little short time as a beginner xx

We have a few months between finishing our 14 days and doing our pre assessment day and then the itec exam day i pressume if we are asessed to be capable ! at the moment i am deffo not up to that speed with perfect french ( would need double that time )tho im not far off with a plain acrylic ,i practice practice practice at every opportunity and have time to grow in confidence and skill before sitting the itec xxx

We have a few months between finishing our 14 days and doing our pre assessment day and then the itec exam day i pressume if we are asessed to be capable ! at the moment i am deffo not up to that speed with perfect french ( would need double that time )tho im not far off with a plain acrylic ,i practice practice practice at every opportunity and have time to grow in confidence and skill before sitting the itec xxx

Thanks for your previous information.

Also, when you say you practice all you can, is this on real hands and nails (for the acrylics) or on a nail trainer?

Thankyou. X

Latest posts

Back