CND Itec

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lovebeauty ,we did quite alot of homework on a hand trainer during our course and then of course there were the models we took to classes with us ,Now i practice on real hands i have 2 sisters and lots of girl friends that i have used as guinea pigs as i find real hands the best practice to have and clients at work and home also i know that friends and family will give an honest opinion and they have all been happy with their nails ,they i am sure will be delighted when my speed is up to scratch xxx

Do you know when your actual assessment is? I have a date for pre-assessment but just wondered how long between then and proper assessment or does it depend on how you're doing? x

No Rebeccaq i dont have confirmed dates yet but im not worried as im enjoying the time to improve my skills and confidence xxx

That's good to know. Does your ambassador keep in touch with you to see how you are doing? Sorry for the thick questions. My ambassadors been great so far and can't wait to start but talking of assessments gets me in a bit of a panic x

RebeccaQ yes we have regular contact with Justine have done some extra training already lol and she emails to make sure we know what is expected and needed ,if we have a query however small our calls are always returned immediately im very impressed ,I wish you well on your journey its exciting and yes it will be nerve wrecking on assement and itec day but can we do it ? YES WE CAN lol xxx

Haha! Thank you for the vote of confidence. It's a very exciting time. Good luck to you, it sounds as though you are having a great time. Keep up the good work :D xx

Hey Sugar and Spice.
Just wondering, reading my education pamplet, and it says the CND Complete is an International Diploma. Is this the same as a BTEC National Diploma or is it different in that it is recognised world wide? Is it A Level equivalent like a National Diploma/ NVQ3 is basically what I'm asking?

I'm asking as I hold my NVQ2 Beauty Therapy General so my next step will be to go higher and as you are already doing it i'm guessing you must know all the facts?

I've asked Debbie at S2 1000 questions too, I just want reassurances as if she can get back to me before Tuesday I will literally book then and there as I'm all set to go with funds and childcare.

Once again, sorry for inundating you with loads of questions, I'm just curious to know as I'm pretty serious about it.

Thanks. Xx

Last edited:
I have a question as well please Sugar & Spice :)

The first 3 days of the course seem to be taken up with a lot of theory, until you get to Manicure and Pedicure on Days 4 & 5. Can you give me an idea of what kind of stuff you covered on those days, as the CND Education brochure doesn't really go into an awful lot of detail?

And like Lovebeauty14, I too would be interested to know what an "International Diploma" actually means and what level ITEC you are working towards.

Thanks in anticipation xx

So glad I've read this, I'm starting the CND complete course on the 2nd of july in leeds. X

Lovebeauty14 hello please feel free to aSK AWAY I WILL ALWAYS TRY AND HELP IF I CAN whoops capital locks off
my understanding is an itec is equivalent to NVQ level 3
an Itec qualification proves youy have
Full knowledge and understanding of the subject
the highest level of practical skills ( CND training provides this )
certainty that you are a professional therapist able to work internationally ( 33 countries i believe )
you can google Itec qualifications for infomation
so hope this helps xxx

Floss26
the first 3 days cover History of nails and painting ,manicure etc ,Business info ,Nail knowledge contraindications + conditions.health and safety in the work place ,Colour theory for customising clients treatments , these first days are the start and give you a through understanding to move on to the practicle work > we were taught in a very fun way its not just reading pages of text its little practicle sessions giving you real understanding and a good grounding to move onto the next stage xxx

Fayep
i hope you enjoy this training as much as i did ,actually i rephrase that to i know you will enjoy this training as much as i did ,its kinda sad when it finishes you have choosen well xxx

Floss26
the first 3 days cover History of nails and painting ,manicure etc ,Business info ,Nail knowledge contraindications + conditions.health and safety in the work place ,Colour theory for customising clients treatments , these first days are the start and give you a through understanding to move on to the practicle work > we were taught in a very fun way its not just reading pages of text its little practicle sessions giving you real understanding and a good grounding to move onto the next stage xxx
Brilliant.

Thanks for that and also on on the ITEC. That's good news that they make it fun, as although I know it's essential to learn all the theory it can be tedious of not taught in a fun way.

Do you know anything about Hannah Rowland? She'll be my tutor if I go ahead with the training. She sounds amazing from what I read but I was just wondering if you did any of your training with her or if anyone else on this thread has?

Ooh, getting excited now though! X

Brilliant.

Thanks for that and also on on the ITEC. That's good news that they make it fun, as although I know it's essential to learn all the theory it can be tedious of not taught in a fun way.

Do you know anything about Hannah Rowland? She'll be my tutor if I go ahead with the training. She sounds amazing from what I read but I was just wondering if you did any of your training with her or if anyone else on this thread has?

Ooh, getting excited now though! X

Lovebeauty14 - to become a CND educator is one of the hardest things you can do in the nail industry.

Anyone that passes must have the most incredible attitude and skill combined with a passion to teach

Without knowing your tutor I can assure you she is one of a very special breed of people...

Lovebeauty14 - to become a CND educator is one of the hardest things you can do in the nail industry.

Anyone that passes must have the most incredible attitude and skill combined with a passion to teach

Without knowing your tutor I can assure you she is one of a very special breed of people...

Brilliant, thankyou.

I have read her profile on S2 and she looks amazing, from her experience and everything, I suppose I was just curious to see if anyone else has had the same tutor as me. Just to confirm what I was already thinking really.

I know yourself Envy are very intelligent and knowledgeable so if she was like yourself that would be a good thing. :)

Just to add a bit, especially those comparing this course to a longer college course. i've taught both types (not this specific CND course as it is past my time!)

In my opinion, 'nails' (apart from manicure and pedicure) in even 1 system cannot be taught properly in 3 hours a week. This is what most colleges allocate for the subject. I am not a believer in just reading through the theory; it should be taught in the classroom in a way that everyone understands. this takes a bit out of the 3 hours. Then, good teaching practices mean than a little test to make sure the previous weeks knowledge and practice is remembered and understood: more time out of the 3 hours!

This may leave 2 hours to get set up for working on each other. in reality this means each student will be lucky to get 2-3 tips on before swapping. Nevermind the overlay! then there is tie at the end to clear up and soak off (no one want to keep just 2 nails on!) An on and on!

It doesn't work!

This type of course (CND) is definitely the type that actually works! Real theory teaching and understanding; plenty of time to complete the work under supervision; plenty of time to practice in between and go back with queries and problems that can be put right before developing into a 'habit' of bad practice; real maintenance so problems can be identified and put right withthe help of an experienced technician.

Great course! Well done CND and Sweet Squared (and of course all the hard working and knowledgeable Educators)

I don't believe a nail technician is a Nail Technician unless they can do everything (and that includes FEET! :twisted:)

We are serious people at CND and S2 and always have been. We are not playing around with courses, and every member of our education team is hand picked and reared in the same way and with the same level of knowledge and understanding. We do not lure you in with false promises or tell you that what you are learning will gain you an NVQ and then not deliver on that promise.

We are serious but We all love what we do, and we also know how to have fun with what we do, train you in a way that you will remember and retain the information, and get you started in the best way that will work both for you, your clients and your future business. Welcome to CND.

I am so glad I came across SG and I know I speak for others that I have become friendly with, that they will feel the same. It's so nice and such a relief when you read posts like these. I'm sure the professionals will remember when they were starting out and can empathise with how nervous, yet excited we all are especially with start dates drawing nearer. All the educators sound lovely, I know mine is and that's only through email!! So thank you to the professionals who are happy to take the time to help us, reply to us and not pretend to know it all, you make education sound fun...amen to that :D xx

Ooooh, sounds brilliant, and from some very highly respected nail professionals which is amazing.

Think Debbie will be getting a phone call on Tuesday. :)

It does sound great...make that call :D xx

Latest posts

Back