CND l&P Lifting.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you getting confused between Cuticle Away and AHA Cuticle Eraser, the latter of which can be removed with Scrubfresh.

Are you getting confused between Cuticle Away and AHA Cuticle Eraser, the latter of which can be removed with Scrubfresh.

Hi and no. I am still using up a bottle of cuticle remover, the one that's been replaced by cuticle away, and she said it was perfectly ok to remove it with scrubfresh.

again .. cuticle away is to be removed with fragrance free soap and water, to neutralize the cuticle away and stop the product action (ie stop the product from removing healthy tissue) .. if not removed it can leave a film (from the thicken ingredient in it) that can add to lifting issues xxx since citrus soak has gone there does seem to be some confusion on this step .... hope this helps xxx

Whaats the difference between radical and retention plus??

Hi I am quite new but I do remember in training Retention+ is for people who have lifting issues,and Radical is for people who's nails chip and break, Maybe someone with a active lifestyle hth.

Tracie xxxx

Tracie is right: Radical is for toughness, Retention+ for lift prevention :)

Also - Clarie is correct :) Scrubfresh won't effectively remove CuticleAway and could promote lifting.

lol - also Cathy is correct: Lifting within 1 week means that the product never had adhesion to begin with. If the lifting is crescent, marginal lifting along zone 3 (and some sidewall) then you most likely didn't remove all of the cuticle. If it is more than that - chances are you are leaving CuticleAway behind, getting skin contact or your mix could be way off.

Try this on a client you have had problems with (ie a family member)

Do prep as normal however only use CuticleAway on every OTHER finger. Is there a difference?

FWIW, there is seldom a "magic bullet" in troubleshooting. Usually it is a few different factors working together to cause the service breakdown. Our role as a professional is to eliminate as many of the trouble makers as possible. Best to do that one step at a time :)

HTHs

Hi great idea!!! Will try that.

Tracie xxxxx

hi

I couldn't help but endorse the prep stage. All clients are not the same, I used to have the same problem long ago, but I realized that some clients need extra prep time to really keep from lifting. Make sure and get the rid of cuticle on the side walls too.

To get repeat service, let your customer know that you are working on improving the technique for their particular situation. Find out where the lifting starts (side walls, eponichium), and review what could have gone wrong, so communicate with them and show your concern. People like to know that you are interested in them.

I guarantee that your customers will be coming back for that service and there will be no more lifting providing you prep well. I hope this post is not too late.

Latest posts

Back