CND L&P training vs Brisa Lite - what to do now?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-Nails

Reaction score
Hi geeks,

ok so this has been a very big week of revelations, with brisa lite being publicly announced. I for one am very excited but very confused. I don't want to sound silly on here but I need some professional advice from someone at CND. I can hear everyone shouting speak to an educator but at the moment the lady I deal with is very tied up and I cant get hold of her.

I've not trained for a while being as I only do nails part time alongside another job, but this year I want to try and do nails full time so I thought CND education here I come big time. I wanted to complete custom colour then my masters in L + P. Then along came the brisa lite announcement which has thrown me into turmoil. With the Eds description that most people nowadays want non buffed natural nail plates (obviously a good thing) this has made me think that L+P could be a dying art. However most of my clients are EXTREMELY hard wearing on their nails and I really don't know that they will last with gel.

However Ive not trained in gel I feel a little in the dark. Also being mobile I am somewhat limited to the amount of products I can carry around. If brisa lite is strong enough to do all the jobs in one then this would be incredible. I understand that this announcement has only just happened, but Im looking at re-starting my training sort of now. Perhaps I just need a little assurance that a continued investment in L+P will be justified for at least a few years to come.

:lol:

I am interested in any advice on this same subject. I'm booked onto CND naturally + L&P in April. I decided against Brisa as I wasn't sure about the buffing off aspect but the Brisa Lite announcement has me wondering if I could or should change my training? I just am mostly wanting something to compliment the Shellac

I was going to convert to CND Brisa, but now I'm not sure what to do! Should I wait for the Brisa lite?

i know there are lots of products on the market and lots more coming so yes it can seem confusing but each product has its uses much the same as we all use different shampoos and conditioners for different hair types etc.

some clients are more suited to gel and some more to L+P and in the middle you have shellac and of course some who still like normal polish!

so what you need to decide is where you want your business and career to go? do you just want to service the clients who like natural nail care or do you also want to service the clients who want or need enhancements? once you decide that its easy. if you want to offer all round services then you need to train one thing at a time and master it before you move on to the next.

what treatments are you currently offering apart from L+P and do you feel confident with the work you are producing?

hth

I've just finished my CND enhanced and I also already offer Shellac. I trust CND which is why I trained with them but for me, I wish I hadn't done both L&P and Brisa. Yes I know each has its place but in reality if people want enhancements L&P suits most. The thing with Brisa, which I didn't know before the course ( and wish I did) it doesn't come off the nail fully, you leave a thin layer on and it grows with the nail, this is why it's classed as a permanent enhancement not a semi perm. If the Brisa light is sculptable and tippable then I can't see how I can fit Brisa in.

Thank you thats fair comment. I do l+p, shellac and opi gel colour. im more than confident in shellac and gel colour its my l +p that needs constant updating. I must admit I love l+p even tho at times its the bain of my life. lol. I dont think i will ever give it up because then it has beaten me and im not one to be beaten.

Being as I cant go to the event im going to use the money to do more training. I think I will deal with brisa lite when the time comes.

One favour as soon as someone knows what the training for brisa lite will be perhaps they would be kind enough to let me know :hug:

I've just finished my CND enhanced and I also already offer Shellac. I trust CND which is why I trained with them but for me, I wish I hadn't done both L&P and Brisa. Yes I know each has its place but in reality if people want enhancements L&P suits most. The thing with Brisa, which I didn't know before the course ( and wish I did) it doesn't come off the nail fully, you leave a thin layer on and it grows with the nail, this is why it's classed as a permanent enhancement not a semi perm. If the Brisa light is sculptable and tippable then I can't see how I can fit Brisa in.

Gosh hun I didn't know that either. I feel the same as you I don't want to waste money on L+P training if brisa lite covers all areas. however I understand what Sous is saying that everything has its uses. Problem is being mobile I just cant cart everything round with me. I already have two lamps which is a pain but I opted for gel colour as well as shellac because gel does better for my clients with peeling nails. Now that brisa lite will be available basically it makes my gel colour sort of obsolete as well because brisa lite will cover peeling nails in giving them extra strength which is really all they need. argggghhhh decisions decisions !!!!!!! xxxxx

As a therapist that only offers Shellac all the talk of Brisa, Brisa light and L&P confuses me so much!

I have been reading into it but it's giving me a headache.

Can anyone give me a very simple breakdown? I was looking at doing a course which would allow me to do tips or extend purely for those that have perhaps broken a nail. I don't want to go down the whole acrylic route.
Sorry to jump on this post.

As a therapist that only offers Shellac all the talk of Brisa, Brisa light and L&P confuses me so much!

I have been reading into it but it's giving me a headache.

Can anyone give me a very simple breakdown? I was looking at doing a course which would allow me to do tips or extend purely for those that have perhaps broken a nail. I don't want to go down the whole acrylic route.
Sorry to jump on this post.

I'm sure there someone better qualified than me but from what I understand from my CND educator is the Brisa lite is a mix of shellac and Brisa. So essentially it's CNDs soak off gel. If it has this removability of shellac, and behaves like Brisa then it's a winner. I wish I'd know about it before September and I would have dropped traditional Brisa and saved the money for this. I'm also not going to The Event as I want to save money for courses, as I have done L&P and Brisa I need to perfect them and I want to learn how to colour them as they don't come in colours anymore.

Thankyou so much Sandwhiches.

So is Brisa also a soak off gel in essence? Just one that can be used to extend and add strength?

I need to know how much difference there is in strength between brisa hard gel and l+p. like I said in essence if brisa lite is the same as brisa hard gel but soakable and is also as strongth as L+P i know what I will be doing xx

I need to know how much difference there is in strength between brisa hard gel and l+p. like I said in essence if brisa lite is the same as brisa hard gel but soakable and is also as strongth as L+P i know what I will be doing xx

No gel is as strong as L&P (with the correct mix-ratio).
And all gels are permanent, that's why they invented soak-off gell... CND is coming pretty late with their soak-off version of Brisa. So i hope it will be way better (stronger? easier to soak-of?) then the other brands.
Normally a soak-of gel is not as strong as normal gel.

So from trong to weak:
L&P - Brisa Gel - Brisa Gel Light - Shellac - Nail polish

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

No gel is as strong as L&P (with the correct mix-ratio).
And all gels are permanent, that's why they invented soak-off gell... CND is coming pretty late with their soak-off version of Brisa. So i hope it will be way better (stronger? easier to soak-of?) then the other brands.
Normally a soak-of gel is not as strong as normal gel.

So from trong to weak:
L&P - Brisa Gel - Brisa Gel Light - Shellac - Nail polish

Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

wow excellent Connie thank you so much that makes things much clearer for me. :hug: xx

wow excellent Connie thank you so much that makes things much clearer for me. :hug: xx

I will train in Brisa Light as soon as possible. I want to master the whole "boutique" :lol:
That way, a 'Shellac' client can opt for sculpted longer nails for a wedding, removing all of them very simpel a few week later and going back to her Shellac service.
There's a market for every product CND ( will ) have, and to serv al the customers with the solutions that fits them best, i need to master all of them.

Only the colors are a 'problem' with CND..... it's easier buying a colored acrylic/ glitter powder or gel..... But i'm sure every brand has his downside...
Greetings from Belgium,
Conny

The thing with Brisa, which I didn't know before the course ( and wish I did) it doesn't come off the nail fully, you leave a thin layer on and it grows with the nail, this is why it's classed as a permanent enhancement not a semi perm. If the Brisa light is sculptable and tippable then I can't see how I can fit Brisa in.

I'm in the middle of my brisa training and I understand that you buff it off as much as you can and then wrap nails in Remover for 20-40min and it all comes off (I think it was book or DVD that said it). I had no probs in removing it fully on myself

I personally LOVE Brisa 4 ever haha xxx my nails feel fab after it and my customers prefer it over l&p x

Its my horsey clients that create the worst problems for me, honestly im sure that they mix the flipping horse feed up with their nails, the damage is terrible. my daughter has possibly the worst ski jump nails you will ever see, yet I do tips on her, she goes three weeks between infils and never breaks a nail.

this is why im a bit confused at the moment. in some ways brisa lite would be better for me because with the amount of breakages they incur i could soak off easily every two to three weeks. if it can be infilled thats even better. but if its not at least a bit comparable in strength to l+p then it wont be any good for those type of clients. I suppose I will just have to wait for further info. xx

OMG read Mrs Geeks info on brisa lite sculpting, thats it im gonna train and get this girls its coming in february. OH HAPPY HAPPY DAYS 2013 is gonna be a good year xxxx

I'm another who only works with natural nails so l&p and hard gel etc is a complete mystery to me. I have been dithering about whether to get into the enhancement side of things as I'm not sure how popular they'd be (my mother in law is the only person i know who has them and that's at a NSS). I'm intrigued by Brisa Lite though.

It sounds to me like it could be good for me if I'm understanding right- being able to offer a bit of extra length but not the whole hog enhancement?

OMG read Mrs Geeks info on brisa lite sculpting, thats it im gonna train and get this girls its coming in february. OH HAPPY HAPPY DAYS 2013 is gonna be a good year xxxx

The info was great. I was going back and forth about offering enhancements and which one to offer, but after reading that I am going to wait and train in the Brisa Lite Sculpting and then maybe L&P later in the year. SO EXCITED!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

The info was great. I was going back and forth about offering enhancements and which one to offer, but after reading that I am going to wait and train in the Brisa Lite Sculpting and then maybe L&P later in the year. SO EXCITED!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

good for you, I love/hate l+p thats only cos im a relative newbie in it. I cant wait to train in brisa lite, something to look forward to for 2013, what an exciting year already :hug: xxxxx

Latest posts

Back