CND L&P with glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookieface

Reaction score
Hi Peeps

I have just tried mixing neutral powder with some glitter i did i part glitter and three parts Powder, however it still seemed a little patchy so i used a tiny part of pink haute additive and this seemed to make it more of a dense colour, has anyone else tried this and will it be stable enough?

Thanks

I usually mix my glitters with clear powder. If I'm using a pinkish glitter then I use a sheer pink powder.

I have to admit I don't measure how much I use, I mix little and work my way to a happy consistency that I can work with. I know alot of ladies use 1 part glitter and 3 parts powder but sometimes I don't get the right outcome I'm looking for.

Hope this helps a little :)

When mixing additive etc with CND Powders it must be no more than 30% additive to powder :)

Thanks ladies x

Are there any pre mixed glitter powders?

I usually mix my glitter with clear powder also. Young Nails have some acrylic glitter powders that are fab!

I don't really see the point of buying pre mixed glitter powders as there so easy to mix yourself and cheaper, think of your bottom line :)

If you do happen to buy pre mixed acrylic powders make sure your using the monomer to go with that system too.

can i ask sorry if it sounds stupid but do youse end up with loads of wee mixed pots of glitter or am i no doing it right lol x

Sent from my GT-S5570 using SalonGeek

can i ask sorry if it sounds stupid but do youse end up with loads of wee mixed pots of glitter or am i no doing it right lol x

I always end up with lots of little pots if mixed powder.. But don't get disheartened, these are great for the same clients that want to keep their original glitter on when it comes to having their infills & rebalanced :)

thanks ampm think i will buy some wee tubs of ebay and just go with it lol x

Wow i mixed my first glitter with clear CND acrylic, and it was amazing, i was so impressed at how simple it was, can't wait to mix more now!

Wow i mixed my first glitter with clear CND acrylic, and it was amazing, i was so impressed at how simple it was, can't wait to mix more now!

Are you able to share a pic with us?

I also love adding CND Additives when I do glitter mixes especially Green gold and pink gold sparkle and spectrum shimmer! They really Do add lots of depth and dimension to glitter and amplify it!

Again if using CND retention + make sure you mix your glitter with CND Powders :) also remember you don't just have to use one glitter mix a few different glitters together to create a new colour then add your powder, incase you don't like the glitter mix then you don't waste your powder :)

Latest posts

Back