CND Lace Up/Corset nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessicles

Reaction score
Does anybody remember that CND poster from a few years back with the blonde on a white background and she had a ribbon in her mouth connecting to her fabulous laced up french nails? I feel like I've scoured the entire internet, including this website, to try and find any articles about this technique or even the photo so I can study it.

I have been attempting to practice this technique as a girl I work with wants this for her wedding Aug 28th. I have a few questions about how to create it. I am not generally a white tip user, but it's a must here. A uniform look doesn't seem possible by sculpting. I'm using CND Performance white tips and clear Brisa so it's perfectly see through. I bought these tips just to do this set lol. Anyway, do performance tips need to be etched prior to applying gel? In my practicing, the gel wants to separate from the tip and I'm guessing that's my issue.

My second question is..apply tip, cut the v in it then apply a form under it and cap the whole thing in clear? Or should I cut the v in the white tips first, sculpt a very thin clear gel layer, set the tip on that and then cap? My concern with putting the form under the tip is seepage. The times I've practiced have all ended with seepage between the form and the tip.

If anyone has attempted this nail or even knows where there's a photo of it somewhere, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jess

Unfortunately all the CND poster images are copyright and when that runs out .. the images can no longer be used so I'm not sure where you would find one now. But If you contact CND I'm sure someone will give you the method of making it. I'm pretty sure Tom Bachik did it and you could always contact him on facebook. Finding the ribbon fine enough would be the biggest challenge for me!!

edit ....

I've just sent a message to Tom on FB so I'll let you know what he replies to me.:hug:

Last edited:
you might be able to find it in an old nail mag.

Thanks so much geeg!

And we did struggle to find the right material to lace it up with and we ended up going with this synthetic raffia. It's easy to cut in half lengthwise and you canstretch it all out or condense it into almost a thick thread. It comes in all colors and hers is turquoise. The best part about it is it's like plastic-y, waterproof. I was worried about using actual ribbon or thread because I thought that'd end up looking quite ratty and gross after a few days of handwashing/hairwashing etc. Colored tinsel was another option we considered..

How about the etching of the tips? Are Performance pre etched or do I need to do that first so the gel doesn't peel off?

There is an image on google images of a single nail which has a White tip with a v cut in it and laced up with pink ribbon. As I haven't seen the original image I'm not sure how close this is to what you're looking for but it may help. Just put 'nail tech' into google and click the images tab. It is on the 3rd page of the images if using an iphone.

How about the etching of the tips? Are Performance pre etched or do I need to do that first so the gel doesn't peel off?

Performance tips dont need etching has the shine is already removed but you using white tips with gel might be your problem?? I don't know has im not a gel geek but i didn't think you could use white tips with gel? I thought i read somewhere that you could only use clear tips or it doesn't cure properly. Hopefully a gel geek will clear this up. :)

You can put gel over a white tip as long as it is a clear or pinky clear gel and the UV light can penetrate through it.

i did see on you tube a video of wedding corset nails and how to do - you would have to have a search about - think i just typed in nail art and they came up, maybe you could put wedding and may be ull find it?

YouTube - ‪nail art corset‬‎

I found a link above of various diff designs for youtube - let us know if you find anything. There are some lovely designs there

Last edited by a moderator:
None of these are like the CND corset nails.

Last edited:
i no theyre are not but u said that she might not find this pic, so was just tryin to be helpful and give her some ideas

Thanks for all the help guys, but I'm looking to do an actual laced up nail, not nail art. I know it'd be easier to paint it on, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Thanks again!

Hi
I still have a very large framed pic of the corseted nail in my salon would you like me to take a pic and then email/MMS to you?

Hi
I still have a very large framed pic of the corseted nail in my salon would you like me to take a pic and then email/MMS to you?

i would love it if you could upload the picture on here i am very interested in seeing this picture xxx

i would love it if you could upload the picture on here i am very interested in seeing this picture xxx

I will take the pic tomorrow when i go in the salon(and hopefully be able to put it on here)
If i get chance today i will take a pic on iphone and post on my Fb salon page

Yep, that's the photo! Too bad it's not real clear. But now that I see it, I think it may have just been a temp nail, just a tip with no overlay at all. I'm looking for something a bit more durable, so I'm going to try and overlay it all. I'll try and remember to let you guys know how it goes, maybe post a pic when I'm done. Thanks for all the help!

Thats cool. im gonna try it with black itll stand out more. has any one tried this? x

Latest posts

Back