CND lamp broke!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLC beauty

Reaction score
Hi all wonder whether any one can help! I'm on my third cnd lamp which once again this eve has let me down and gone pop! Whilst with a client. The two right hand bulbs gone and smelling of smoke. I now have to cancel the rest of this weeks clients and sort a new one. Purchased from ellisons who of course are closed now and so frustrating to have to send a client away half way through a treatment although she was lovely about it. Ok rant over but although I love love love cnd and shellac I'm just so frustrated!! Last time there was a shortage of cnd lamps did anyone use a non cnd lamp and did this affect the long lasting results we get from cnd shellac? Thanks

I had this but mine was purchased with s2...luckily I have 2...sent one back yesterday and they're replacing it and it's due for delivery tomorrow...can't fault their customer service 1 bit...I never used another lamp but some people say it works okay others don't like to use a non cnd lamp...hope you get it fixed soon x

I feel for you, ive also had three go and im sure one of my others is about to go aswell as the others started with not wanting to turn on and this is doing the same.....the only thing i can say is have two lamps so if one goes you still have one plus with two its much quicker and more comfortable for clients....i havent used another lamp with shellac but wouldnt risk it personally

I'm on my third so fingers crossed!! They are VERY quick at sending new one out so I'd try and sort a return out ASAP. Good luck xx

Ladies, your lamps which have just broken again, when did you get these? I got mine replaced in January/February after the big lamp shortage. You're all worrying me know. How many hours on bulbs left? The old prob seemed to occur around 40hrs :confused: Can't go through all that again!!!

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think mine may be part of the old batch having thought about it. I can't quite remember when my last one went and I got this new one but nails is not my full time job, although I usually have 2 ladies booked in each eve and a full day saturday. So maybe mine just lasted a little longer because I don't use it all day. Thanks everyone I've calmed down a bit and will call ellisons first thing as really want to stick to the correct lamp!

Sounds to me like CND lamps don't seem to last long which is surprising, considering how expensive they are.
I use non branded lamp and it's lasted years and works with all brands.
I'm still quite sceptic about LED and plus not all brands are compatible with them.
Tried to order a CND lamp four times and their either out of stock or they've only had returned lamps (second hand).

Ladies, your lamps which have just broken again, when did you get these? I got mine replaced in January/February after the big lamp shortage. You're all worrying me know. How many hours on bulbs left? The old prob seemed to occur around 40hrs :confused: Can't go through all that again!!!

I got one in October, broke four weeks ago so sent it back and another sent straight out but the new one made a really loud noise unless I pressed down on it so they said send it straight back and within a couple of days had the new one. It seems ok fingers crossed x

I ve had 4 in a year now :( the last one lasted all of 2 weeks. S2 are saying it's now out of warranty as original lamp was bought last April and you only get 12mths warranty from date of original purchase (ellisons give 12 mths for each lamp tho!)

I'm very disappointed as have always bought from s2 and my original lamp is now 4 years old. Unfortunately I won't be buying from them again :(

I ve had 4 in a year now :( the last one lasted all of 2 weeks. S2 are saying it's now out of warranty as original lamp was bought last April and you only get 12mths warranty from date of original purchase (ellisons give 12 mths for each lamp tho!)

I'm very disappointed as have always bought from s2 and my original lamp is now 4 years old. Unfortunately I won't be buying from them again :(

Oh no as was worrying about my lamp, I don't do many nails so can't give it a good try. I wonder why sweet squared and ellisions is a different policy. X

I don't know but it's very frustrating. I'm sure if you bought a kettle from Currys and it broke they would give you a new one with a new 12 mths warranty? X

I don't know but it's very frustrating. I'm sure if you bought a kettle from Currys and it broke they would give you a new one with a new 12 mths warranty? X

I wonder if they would make an exception because of the faulty ones produced as my new one has same code as the faulty one I sent back. Wonder if it's worth asking? Xx

I think if there has been a problem that is widely known about the lamps I think legally they would be liable to replace the lamps.
What if they keep replacing your lamp with another dudd or faulty lamp.
In this instance I would have assumed the manufacturer re call all lamps and issue new lamps as good company policy as they not cheap and branding has been very successful.

Beauty at your finger tips!

I will mention again for anyone interested in a very reliable UV lamp that Light Elegance makes an excellent UV lamp that you can use to cure various gel polishes. If you speak to someone from the company, they can explain their lamp and why it is OK for use with Shellac, etc. They do sell their products overseas- I specifially asked them because of all of these posts on Nail Geek about lamp problems. The owner of the company is a scientist that really understands UV lamp technology.

I have three of their lamps for a few years now, and I have never had a problem with any of them. They even recondition them when they start to look worn out, and they look brand new. We use all different brands of gel polishes and this is the only lamp we use to cure all of them when needing a UV lamp - otherwise we use the Gelish LED lamps when using LED compatible polishes.

Update and good news! I called ellisons this morning who are sending a replacement immediately and I can post the broken one back when the new one arrives Tomo! Very pleased and I thought fantastic service!

Update and good news! I called ellisons this morning who are sending a replacement immediately and I can post the broken one back when the new one arrives Tomo! Very pleased and I thought fantastic service!

Wow I'm really impressed with that :) xx

Id just like to put it out there that our lamp broke this week (had it maybe 6+ months) and its been replaced promptly by s2 x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I will mention again for anyone interested in a very reliable UV lamp that Light Elegance makes an excellent UV lamp that you can use to cure various gel polishes. If you speak to someone from the company, they can explain their lamp and why it is OK for use with Shellac, etc. They do sell their products overseas- I specifially asked them because of all of these posts on Nail Geek about lamp problems. The owner of the company is a scientist that really understands UV lamp technology.

I have three of their lamps for a few years now, and I have never had a problem with any of them. They even recondition them when they start to look worn out, and they look brand new. We use all different brands of gel polishes and this is the only lamp we use to cure all of them when needing a UV lamp - otherwise we use the Gelish LED lamps when using LED compatible polishes.

Can I ask do you use any of the light elegance gels too? I keep looking at them & their lamp which all look great - but with no uk distributor I think if have to pay loads in postage to uk x

I got mine in December and it went on 88hrs...I totally forgot to send it straight away as I started using my other lamp but got my new one yesterday. I'm waiting for my current lamp to pop x

I got mine in December and it went on 88hrs...I totally forgot to send it straight away as I started using my other lamp but got my new one yesterday. I'm waiting for my current lamp to pop x

This is worrying me some what. why do the lamps keep breaking? Considering how expensive they are its really not great. Does anyone know why theres a problem as i only bought mine the other month?

Latest posts

Back