CND lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope I don't end up in this position as I've educated all my clients about the importance of using the correct products and equipment and differentiated my services above others as to how I care for their nail health and do things absolutely by the book. I even had a post on facebook on what to look for in a geniune shellac service including the CND lamp. That level of integrity is one of the things that keeps my 'quality' clients coming back....I would be extremely red-faced to have to back track on that... to the point where I would rather use another brand of gel polish along with the correct lamp for that system!
There is also the issue of insurance.

All of which is not helped by the latest post from CND (USA) on Facebook.... what a bunch of 'see you next tuesdays'! They deserve an absolute pasting for that post given they are deflecting all questions as to when lamps will be available in the UK.

What was posted on the CND FB page? I tried to get answers from Jan Arnold when she was live answering questions but I got no reply from her! Very evasive :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Fortunately at the moment I'm not affected but I think that's a really insensitive, rude and disappointing thing to post! Why do they even need to say it, especially at this time - bad show CND!

Karaxxx

I bought a different 36w lamp.

My husband is an electrician and thinks this whole idea that a cnd lamp is the only one that cures Shellac is ridiculous. We've had many arguments about this but I've given in, guess it can't be true. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Lol my husband and I have had the same argument.. Although he's no electrician. He says uv light is uv light! My cnd lamps still working tho, but I think i will buy a generic one as a back up :)

I am from the USA, and have been reading these posts concerning questions about using alternative UV lamps for Shellac services.

I use the UV lamps from Light Elegance - www.lightelegance.com - and I believe this company provides one of the best and most thoroughly tested UV lamps available on the market for serious professionals. And they ship overseas - I called and asked them because of the posts I read here.

I have attended many classes and events with the owners of this company, and I can assure you these folks are the tops when it comes to chemistry and technology concerning UV gels, etc. Many times when you call with questions, the owners will answer the phone personally. Their customer service is outstanding.

Jim (the chemist) & Lezlie McConnell, the owners, can explain UV lamp technology, and they can assure you that their lamp would work fine for your needs if you want a very reliable lamp. I have three of them, they get constant use, and we never usually have a problem with them. They also service their lamps.

As a side note, their UV lamp is very compact as Jim has explained to us in UV technology classes that the distance of the fingers from the bulbs is important as it does affect the cure of the UV gel or gel polish.

I am not trying to stir any pot as I use and really like CND products, I am just offering some helpful advice about a great company.

Jan

I really hope I don't end up in this position as I've educated all my clients about the importance of using the correct products and equipment and differentiated my services above others as to how I care for their nail health and do things absolutely by the book. I even had a post on facebook on what to look for in a geniune shellac service including the CND lamp. That level of integrity is one of the things that keeps my 'quality' clients coming back....I would be extremely red-faced to have to back track on that... to the point where I would rather use another brand of gel polish along with the correct lamp for that system!
There is also the issue of insurance.

All of which is not helped by the latest post from CND (USA) on Facebook.... what a bunch of 'see you next tuesdays'! They deserve an absolute pasting for that post given they are deflecting all questions as to when lamps will be available in the UK.

Re insurance ; I phoned my insurance to double check this and so long as you are qualified you are covered, that's like saying if you use a china glaze polish with an opi top coat your not insured bacause your not using one complete system ??? X

I'm so glad I'm not in the situation some of you are in!

I've said before that I will wait it out for CND Shellac but I'm seriously starting to doubt my decision. It's been a good 6 weeks since I was told the lamps would be in 'in a couple of weeks'.

I just don't know what to do because this has seriously knocked the confidence I had in CND. I'm sure they are able to track the status of the lamps coming from Asia, then give a date of when they think they can get the wiring/plugs changed for the UK, then give a date of when they should land in the UK. The fact that S2 keep saying 'hopefully in a couple of weeks' shows that they clearly have no clue what's going on either. I don't think that's their fault though, I would hope that if they had even the slightest titbit of information, they would share. Surely S2 must be able to track the shipment?! Someone must know where this stock of lamps is - the manufacturers wouldn't send it out without being able to track it would they?! I understand if there's customs issues etc but somebody must know where it is, somebody must have an idea as to what is going on.

I'm only waiting on one so I can book a Shellac course and it's really getting to me now so I dread to think how some of you are feeling!

I notice that the old intro kit is being replaced with a new one on 1st March, is it going to be a different price? If it's more expensive, I'm not going to be a happy bunny because I'd buy it before then if I could!

My friends booked in for shellac training at Fingertips in Scotland this month and they have not told her about an issue of not having lamps and they run shellac courses constantly, so Im confused as to how others can have lamps and S2 dont! Hmm.

Mines is working fine anyway so Im glad Im not in the same boat as a lot of others!

My friends booked in for shellac training at Fingertips in Scotland this month and they have not told her about an issue of not having lamps and they run shellac courses constantly, so Im confused as to how others can have lamps and S2 dont! Hmm.

Mines is working fine anyway so Im glad Im not in the same boat as a lot of others!

Maybe, as a training school, they have lamps in reserve, seeing as they train students. They probably don't sell them though but have enough for students to train with. Not every lamp in the UK is broken.

Maybe, as a training school, they have lamps in reserve, seeing as they train students. They probably don't sell them though but have enough for students to train with. Not every lamp in the UK is broken.

Hope they're not from the faulty batch, if so! :eek:

I did my training at the fingertips centre in January and there was no lamps then. They had enough to use during the training but none available to buy. We did have to buy a kit at the time to be given the certificate but they had none in stock. I ordered a love shellac kit on the day but I'm still waiting to hear about it.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I did my training at the fingertips centre in January and there was no lamps then. They had enough to use during the training but none available to buy. We did have to buy a kit at the time to be given the certificate but they had none in stock. I ordered a love shellac kit on the day but I'm still waiting to hear about it.

Glasgow or edinburgh? We were in today and they never mentioned anything hmmm

Wait, what!!... so if I'm reading this right the scotland academy is accepting bookings for shellac courses (without mentioning a lamp shortage?) , conducting the courses with their own equipment but then withholding certificates until you order a lamp kit and they are totally unable to fulfull that order anytime soon. I hope I've got the wrong end of the stick as that is awful way to treat people.

Infact have you paid already?? I hope you didnt! Thats ridiculous. Will let my friend know so she can give them a bell.

It was at Edinburgh. I got a phone call a few days before about the lamp situation and that they wouldn't have any during training. The email I received before the course stated you had to buy a kit to get your certificate (or prove you had bought one from S2) not sure if this would have been waived due to the lamp situation or not but I had planned to buy one anyway so paid on the day. At the time they said the lamps/kits should be available in 7-10 days but still nothing, I think this is similar to the information from S2.

Hi girls, Glasgow and Edinburgh are the same company! They have no lamps I've been told they are stopped at customs? I bought a lamp in December and it went on blink start of jan I'm waiting on a replacement lamp. They are waiting on a huge shipment! It is a huge pain as we are a busy salon and down a lamp!!

I'm truly upset by the fact that some of you ladies have actually felt the need to say "don't shoot me butt..." Or "don't kill me for saying this..." Seriously! Forums are for open discussion! No one should be killing ANYONE for their thoughts and opinions!! It happens so damn much on this forum if someone says something that someone else may not agree with they get hammered! It's sad!

I said this weeks ago and I got abused and told I was basically stupid and dodgy by Geeg so you'll probably getter same for that. But I agree entirely. This comes down to money. Like I said, they want you to spend money with them so they will tell you what they want to tell you to keep them in the green. That's just flat out big business. No business wants to lose money their goal is to MAKE money. So they do what they can to do that.

Okay people let's just take a minuet and think about this.
CND want you to use their light because they want you to buy their light, however they have not invented uv light. They are using the same technology as everyone else.

There is not a cnd factory that only makes cnd lamps and cnd bulbs exclusively for cnd.

All uv lights work by emitting a 365 nm (nano meter) wave length that is what is used to cure (irradiated) all uv gels so provided your lamp emits 365 nm wavelengths it will cure your cnd shellac.

A generic 36 watt lamp off ebay with 4 365 nm bulbs in it can only give you the same amount of radiation as a cnd lamp !

I have bought lamps off ebay and they are not fantastic but for £20 they are what they are a great back up and I would rather have one of them than. Be left with no lamp at all!!!!

Just remember CND did not invent uv...... And are not using any special kind of uv..... Other than that that is readily available on the market today from several other sources. It is just clever marketing and education that has got you to. Thinking that only their lamps will work with their product. I understand for best results you want to use an entire system as a whole, ( I have no problem with that ) but when they fail to be able to provide you with that entire system, you have to start to look elsewhere, and I think you will find that when you do any 36w tunnel lamp will work :)

Yeah I know theyre the same company as I use Fingertips was just wondering whether one centre may have had some and the other not, when I was in today seen they still had the price tag etc on shelf but no lamp there. I got mines in October and its still going strong. Fingers crossed it lasts!

Latest posts

Back