CND lamp problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm unfortunately in the same position with no lamp for the last four weeks, recently having returned two faulty lamps.
So which 36w lamp do we go for? Having read this thread I am on the look out for an alternative whilst I wait for my new CND lamp. I have just googled and there are loads ranging in price. Can anyone recommend one they are successfully using with Shellac?
Unfortunately desperate times require desperate measures :(
TIA

I'm unfortunately in the same position with no lamp for the last four weeks, recently having returned two faulty lamps.
So which 36w lamp do we go for? Having read this thread I am on the look out for an alternative whilst I wait for my new CND lamp. I have just googled and there are loads ranging in price. Can anyone recommend one they are successfully using with Shellac?
Unfortunately desperate times require desperate measures :(
TIA

I know what you mean about the varying prices of lamps and most of them look the same?! Looked again last night. Asp lamps I'm sure iv read can be used ok?? Can anyone confirm this?? Anyone used the edge uv lamp!? I'm thinking it looked a bit nicer than some iv seen. Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know what you mean about the varying prices of lamps and most of them look the same?! Looked again last night. Asp lamps I'm sure iv read can be used ok?? Can anyone confirm this?? Anyone used the edge uv lamp!? I'm thinking it looked a bit nicer than some iv seen. Lol x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

No other lamps have been tested and therefore proven to cure Shellac apart from the CND one. That's not to say other lamps definitely won't cure it, just that other lamps have not been tested and you can not be guaranteed a full cure.

Many people might say that they use xyz lamp and it's been fine but the fact is noone knows. They may just have been lucky that the clients they have used the lamp on, have not had a reaction to undercuring. It only takes one client to have a reaction and you've got no way of telling which client that may be x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've seen a few geeks saying the NSI lamp cures perfectly, hope this helps xxxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1392287753.596037.jpg
This was on twitter last night so lamps will be due out next week I suppose 😄

View attachment 56110
This was on twitter last night so lamps will be due out next week I suppose 😄

That's good news tho they'll have too go thru customs first and that can take a bit of time but looks like shouldn't be much longer

I'm not going to get into the great 'Lamp Debate' but wanted to say that CND do test other lamps with their products, they also test other products to be able to see the differences they have test salons in San Dieago where they test every single product they have over months/years before releasing them to the consumer.
So if they say that the only lamp that will give optimum cure of their products is the CND Lamp then rest assured they have spent many hours of testing and research to be able to make that statement.

I personally an a Nail Artist not a Scientist so to make sure my clients get the highest quality service I will stick to what my distributor/manufacturer tells me.
My heart goes out to those of you having problems I hope everything is resolved very soon :hug:

I know we cant guaranatee any other lamp with shellac but I also cannot afford to cancel anymore clients :sad:

....and poof! My lamp has just sizzled 20 hours in :-(

I'm in the same situation, been without a lamp since end of December and my patience is seriously wearing thin :(

Didn't someone say s2 had posted on twitter that the lamps had arrived in the USA?
Although I've not seen anything on here or on Facebook to confirm that?

Arghhhhh my crackled, then i smelt a funny burning smell.

Turned it off, then hubby turned it on again, 2 bulbs have gone but I've got 60 hrs left, so would it be:

1: the lamp
or
2:the bulbs

Cos hubby thought it was strange that only 2 bulbs went poof!
It's not been banged or dropped

anyone?

Turned it off, then hubby turned it on again, 2 bulbs have gone but I've got 60 hrs left, so would it be:

or

anyone?

Its the lamp that is damaged. It only turns off the bulbs on one side. That's the fault every one has. Even if you put new bulbs in that side, they still won't work xx

or

anyone?

Same as what happened to my CND lamp. Its the problem theyve all had from a faulty batch! When did you purchase your lamp? Youll need to send it back to S2 if thats where you purchased it from & wait with all of us for the new ones the hit the UK :(

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its the lamp that is damaged. It only turns off the bulbs on one side. That's the fault every one has. Even if you put new bulbs in that side, they still won't work xx

Yep just swapped bulbs over and yes it's the one side, oh well :(, at least i have another one to fall back on.

Same as what happened to my CND lamp. Its the problem theyve all had from a faulty batch! When did you purchase your lamp? Youll need to send it back to S2 if thats where you purchased it from & wait with all of us for the new ones the hit the UK :(

****** now I've got to join the queue, I hope they've ordered alot!! :D

Thanks Ladies xxx

BTW will they refund my postage or will they send me a pre-paid envelope?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahem sorry to be a pain but i got my first lamp on 1st oct from S2 but then i got another one from Ellisons on 27th oct.

I dont know whether the broken one came from S2 or Ellisons, does that matter?

Yep just swapped bulbs over and yes it's the one side, oh well :(, at least i have another one to fall back on.

****** now I've got to join the queue, I hope they've ordered alot!! :D

Thanks Ladies xxx

BTW will they refund my postage or will they send me a pre-paid envelope?

Yes S2 will refund the P&P once theyve recieved it :D

I am also in the same position. I was really upset about this the other day when I had no choice but to go to sallys and buy an asp lamp. I hate spending money like this when running a business that had been set up for less than a year. This is my second light box to have died on me after buying them less than a year ago. They replaced the first brilliantly I had a new one pretty much the next day. But with a full salon with two therapists for valentines day there was no way I could get away with one light box I had no other option and I can not be cancelling or moving customers when my business is so new. I am very disappointed with cnd but there's absolutely nothing I can do. So far my new lamp has been fine. So fingers crossed. I was also told that the lamps would of been on this week then I called the other and the lady said they didn't know when anymore but I am on a priority list and I will be sent one ASAP as soon as they arrive can't really say anything to that can I.

I feel so sorry for all you ladies without lamps! I have been qualified in nails for nearly 2 years now and I have only used the £40ish white 36w lamp off eBay, And I have had hardly any problems with it and I use Gelish and Shellac with this!
The only problems I've had we're thumb corners not quite catching the light but that seems to be a problem that happens with any lamp, just hand positioning!

http://www.ellisons.co.uk/Store/Category/393/Product/27989.aspx

Anyone tried this lamp? It seems the cheapest option to have as a back up lamp incase the CND 1 breaks again, and it has a 2 min timer which is always handy, anyone tried it with shellac?

Also, has anyone heard any recent updates about when we are expecting the lamps?

Latest posts

Back