CND Solar Oil Mani Campaign Poster

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gigi, would you tell us the story behind this picture?

Wow Geeg - amazing!

What system did you use Geeg? X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Retention+ I blended the white myself and all CND
The nails in the image were, I'm proud to say, not photoshopped either. I did it and they printed it full poster size the next day. I'll never forget seeing it and 4 others come off the printer. :Scared:
That campaign ran for two years for CND. Two are in my albums here on SG if you care to look. I have seen it in salons all over the world. I went to see Carl (Nailzoo) in Sydney and he had it on his wall too!! :hug::o

Yea ... It was a good day.

Retention+ I blended the white myself and all CND
The image was, I'm proud to say, not photoshopped either. I did it and they printed it full poster size the next day. I'll never forget seeing it and 4 others come off the printer. :Scared:
That campaign ran for two years for CND. Two are in my albums here on SG if you care to look. I have seen it in salons all over the world. I went to see Carl (Nailzoo) in Sydney and he had it on his wall too!! :hug::o

Yea ... It was a good day.

It is amazing! You should be very proud (which I am sure you are ;) )

I hope to be as good as you one day! ;)

Send me your email address Victoria.

Check your inbox luv, sent it to you earlier today ;-)

A picture is worth a thousand words .

I think that this image alone explains why Geeg is entitled to have the status she enjoys here on SG and in the industry as a whole .....

Xx

EXACTLY!!
I've always detested French's.
UNTIL I saw that one. LOVE IT. SO BEAUTIFUL, and NATURAL AND PERFECT.
Not like that nasty liquid-paper white.

And I will NOT be happy until I have that picture on my wall ;-)
I share that with EVERYONE. It's my all time favorite picture of nails.
It's no secret, I'm a nail-art pig and dabble in 3d and glitters and etc.
But Gigi's work is BEAUTIFUL, no denying it!
I strive to be that good one day.

It is stunning! Amazing job. Real inspiration for all of us.

Gigi, would you tell us the story behind this picture?

My son Christian had been telling Jan at a CND global conference in Las Vegas how he never had to touch up my work (he did all our magazine covers and advertising shots for us in those days; and I always did the nails because I was cheap and he didn't have to pay me lol). She called me later and asked if I would do the nails for a very special add campaign for the CND Spa manicure Products (Solar Oil, Solar Silk, Solar Speed spray, etcl).

The brief she gave me was that the campaign would run for 2 years, would all be shot on a black background (not been done before and now copied all the time lol) and that the nails were to be free form sculpted ... I had artistic license to make the nails look as natural as possible so that even the pros would question if they were natural nails or enhancements?

I was planning to retire and thought this brief would be my last chance to do an important add campaign like this one so ... After Samantha bullied me into it! I flew to London and did them. That's about it.

Thanks for the praise ... Who knew that it would inspire so many? That makes me happy. :Love:

My son Christian had been telling Jan at a CND global conference in Las Vegas how he never had to touch up my work (he did all our magazine covers and advertising shots for us in those days; and I always did the nails because I was cheap and he didn't have to pay me lol). She called me later and asked if I would do the nails for a very special add campaign for the CND Spa manicure Products (Solar Oil, Solar Silk, Solar Speed spray, etcl).

The brief she gave me was that the campaign would run for 2 years, would all be shot on a black background (not been done before and now copied all the time lol) and that the nails were to be free form sculpted ... I had artistic license to make the nails look as natural as possible so that even the pros would question if they were natural nails or enhancements?

I was planning to retire and thought this brief would be my last chance to do an important add campaign like this one so ... After Samantha bullied me into it! I flew to London and did them. That's about it.

Thanks for the praise ... Who knew that it would inspire so many? That makes me happy. :Love:

Amen! Love this :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I love looking at the cover of my nail class book. My partner as a photographer also loves the picture :)

I love looking at the cover of my nail class book. My partner as a photographer also loves the picture :)
I did the one on the back cover at the same time ... That was for Solar Balm ... I'd forgotten that ! I thought because of the book that everyone knew I'd done them! Lol. I'm sitting here so surprised that so many didn't already know about it.

I did the one on the back cover at the same time ... That was for Solar Balm ... I'd forgotten that ! I thought because of the book that everyone knew I'd done them! Lol. I'm sitting here so surprised that so many didn't already know about it.

Haha! No I didn't know until reading this thread it was actually your work!

I was explaining to the other half who you were when I showed him the thumbnail picture. He looked at me with a blank expression on his face! Lol. Said to him Gigi Rouse is now officially to me what Jeff Ascough is to you! ...... Men :D

Haha! No I didn't know until reading this thread it was actually your work!

I was explaining to the other half who you were when I showed him the thumbnail picture. He looked at me with a blank expression on his face! Lol. Said to him Gigi Rouse is now officially to me what Jeff Ascough is to you! ...... Men :D

Lol. I'm not all talk and no do, you know!! Lol. Thanks. That's nice of you. I think I should go to bed ... On that note. Ha ha.

Awesome story! LOVE to hear from behind the scenes!
And yes, it's inspiring. Everytime I post that picture in a forum and tell people it's ACRYLIC, they flip out.
I posted it on my Pinterest board (who I want to be when I grow up album), and people share it...

It inspires MANY!

And now you know why I said "mani". YES there are tonnes of people that do not realize they are acrylic nails. But I'm quick to tell them LOL I keep that book at my desk all the time and show clients. They're in awe!

They really are amazing. I just hope to be able to produce something as beautiful and natural looking one day. I also have my nail class book out and Doug's book on show I think they show a determination to strive for perfection.

If the image could be share with me I would love it.

My email is [email protected].

Xxxxx

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using SalonGeek mobile app

Thats true talent right there..when you have to sit and really question if there is acrylic used or not.
I have the poster some where and the 4 mini posters from the same collection.
I also have the banner with the solar speed spray foot....now..i love that foot

. I went to see Carl (Nailzoo) in Sydney and he had it on his wall too!! :hug::o

Wow..you AND Carl in the same room...i'd be starstruck for sure :Love:

Thats true talent right there..when you have to sit and really question if there is acrylic used or not.
I have the poster some where and the 4 mini posters from the same collection.
I also have the banner with the solar speed spray foot....now..i love that foot
Hang on to them Louise ... They might make your fortune one day!! Lol.

As for Carl ... We are close friends. We always get together when I am in Sydney although I wish he'd come and visit in Spain. I think we both treasure the time we spend ! Love the man, he is special to me. You'd love him too, Louise, he's ever so naughty and non PC. Like me. Lol

Last edited:
Amazing
Inspiring
Masterpiece

Would love to be a fraction that good!
In in awe.........

I laugh my sides sore every time I think about that! Bad girl! Lol

Latest posts

Back