CND Tips & Adhesives

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaseyboi

Reaction score
Morning all

Just wordering what tips & adhesives you prefer or use the most of? Im liking gel bond but not sure what tips to order? (formation or velocity) Most peoples nail I have done so far have short miss shaped nails so have been using a full well tip to give better "form" .

What do you recomend?

I use Velocity the most because they have the micro contact which I find really useful & they have a deep c curve, also they are soo easy to blend, am also a big fan of gel bond. hth's
Niki xx

Hi, I mostly use Performance Tips and Gelbond.....if I dont use these I sculpt. Hth xx

Gelbond, Velocity AND Performance for me. I use Performance when I can but Velocity is my choice for biters and really misshapen nails.

I keep Performance in clear, natural and white (use the white for french Popits and Velocity in natural.

Im only using natural at the mo as im practising like mad with the dreaded smile lines & dont want to fall into the habit of using white tips until I have mastered P&W. I find I am just as quick with blending full well tips as I am with the half well But seem to prefer full well as it give me better form? ( might just be in my own mind but hey lol) When I use half well on short or bitten nails they seem to look a little egyptian hatish & fanned iykwim? but the full well seems to help prevent that. As for gel bond i use this for all as I dont get any air bubble's under the tip which is fabby for me lol

You should always have a variety of different tips with different 'c' curves.

Fitting a tip with a flatter 'c' curve than the natural nail bed could result in the sides 'popping'. Fitting a tip with a deeper 'c' curve that the nail bed could result in stress on the nail bed causing discomfort and, possibly, lifting of the nail plate.

A plastic tip will always try to retain it shape. The tip that fits the shape of the nail bed is the one to use! The brand used is one of personal preference but the shape isn't.

Adhesives also have different purposes. A thin adhesive is good for a perfect, smooth nail plate i.e. no bumps or ridges. A resin type viscosity usually suits most situations, a gel type viscosity takes longer to 'hold' but will fill out irregularities and avoid air pockets (perfect for nail biters for example)

Those that say " I only use ?????" (i.e. 1 type) are NOT fitting the tip to the client!

2 different types are a minimum requirement for tip shapes (I would recommend 3). 2 viscosities of adhesive are also a minimum requirement.

As regards to contact area, there is NO nail shape or condition that needs a full well area! Maximum exposure of the natural nail plate for the overlay to bond to is what creates a strong nail. If the shape that fits has a full
well then remove it

You should always have a variety of different tips with different 'c' curves.

Fitting a tip with a flatter 'c' curve than the natural nail bed could result in the sides 'popping'. Fitting a tip with a deeper 'c' curve that the nail bed could result in stress on the nail bed causing discomfort and, possibly, lifting of the nail plate.

A plastic tip will always try to retain it shape. The tip that fits the shape of the nail bed is the one to use! The brand used is one of personal preference but the shape isn't.

Adhesives also have different purposes. A thin adhesive is good for a perfect, smooth nail plate i.e. no bumps or ridges. A resin type viscosity usually suits most situations, a gel type viscosity takes longer to 'hold' but will fill out irregularities and avoid air pockets (perfect for nail biters for example)

Those that say " I only use ?????" (i.e. 1 type) are NOT fitting the tip to the client!

2 different types are a minimum requirement for tip shapes (I would recommend 3). 2 viscosities of adhesive are also a minimum requirement.

As regards to contact area, there is NO nail shape or condition that needs a full well area! Maximum exposure of the natural nail plate for the overlay to bond to is what creates a strong nail. If the shape that fits has a full
well then remove it

Cheers for the advice mum.

I suppose with experiance you automaticly know what style of tip would suit the client when they are at the table or do you tend to mesure up with a few types to see what is best for the client?

many thanks

sound advice there from mum. i have all of the cnd tips as every client is different and also the odd finger on the odd client may have a deeper curve of be flatter then the others and so you need to have the right tip and not just pop any one on for reasons mentioned above :) hth's x

If you can't look at a nail and go straight to the right tip (which takes years :zzz:) then try a few out first.

As Moosey says, there may be some nails that are different from others and need a different tip.

TIP: (no pun) if you have a nail that even the flattest tip doesn't fit properly as it's too curved, then find a tip that is far too wide but has the right 'c' curve and cut it down to fit for the width.

If you can't look at a nail and go straight to the right tip (which takes years :zzz:) then try a few out first.

As Moosey says, there may be some nails that are different from others and need a different tip.

TIP: (no pun) if you have a nail that even the flattest tip doesn't fit properly as it's too curved, then find a tip that is far too wide but has the right 'c' curve and cut it down to fit for the width.

Righty ho so the plan of action is to order in a few different types & when my client is at the desk during the consultation to mesure up & try different style's to obtain what would be best suited to them. As already advised I can mix & match depending on each nail. A question to geeks who use CND tips. are all styles of natural tip the same colour? I would hate to have a client who would like the natural look but the tips were different shades????

Latest posts

Back