CND's new polishes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LucyDodds

Reaction score
Has anyone been having any problems with CND's new colour range?

I've been using the colours and effects for a couple of months now, and customers are coming back with the effect peeling off the top of the colour. It's happened to every customer i've used the colours and effects on, but not when the colours are used on their own. Plus, i'm finding the colours wear away at the free edge very quickly.

I'm a bit confused as i've never had problems with the old range of colours, and i'm still using only creative base and top coats, one coat of colour and one coat of effect, plus the solar speed on top.

Can anyone help?!

Has anyone been having any problems with CND's new colour range?

I've been using the colours and effects for a couple of months now, and customers are coming back with the effect peeling off the top of the colour. It's happened to every customer i've used the colours and effects on, but not when the colours are used on their own. Plus, i'm finding the colours wear away at the free edge very quickly.

I'm a bit confused as i've never had problems with the old range of colours, and i'm still using only creative base and top coats, one coat of colour and one coat of effect, plus the solar speed on top.

Can anyone help?!

Lucy this is a first. PM with more detail. The ingrediants are obviously very different as they are the 3-free so different to the old colours but we have had excellent feedback so far.

This is very strange my clients are gettin 2-3 weeks out of thier polish and effects and most of them come back with the polish as perfect as it went on. Even my hairdressers are gettin 10 -14 days befor it starts to show signs of wear.
:hug:

This is very strange my clients are gettin 2-3 weeks out of thier polish and effects and most of them come back with the polish as perfect as it went on. Even my hairdressers are gettin 10 -14 days befor it starts to show signs of wear.

Del this has been the feedback to us too. thank you for posting. I am wondering how many layers are being applied, how thick etc... I am sure that would make a difference and yet Lucy has been using CND for a long time so I am sure she knows what she is doing. Lets wait for a response for her.:hug:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've not had any problems, my clients love them.

Lucy, just a thought, are you using the new CND formulae base and topcoats?

Are you using them on enhancements or natural nails? Just curious to know. Was contemplating trying the effects, but not sure now.

I have no problems with them either, I love them for their ease of application and longivity, I do use the new formula base and topcoats though, thin even applications and allowing to dry between coats hth's:hug:

Are you using them on enhancements or natural nails? Just curious to know. Was contemplating trying the effects, but not sure now.

I use them on natural and enhanced, with either gel or l&p, nails with no problems.
It's made no difference to the logevity of the polish.

Hi,

I'm using one thin layer of colour, followed by one thin layer of effect. I use stickey, if on natural nails, then colour and effect; then on l&p: colour, effect then air dry on top.

It's a bit frustrating cos i'm not using anything i've not used before, except obviously the colours and effects, and my customers are understanding as they love the new combinations, but i'm wary of offering the effects now. I've spent a lot of money to get it all in, and want it all to work!

I am using the new polishes and effects over natural nails and enhancements.

I have used just the colours, effects over colours and just effects and have had no problems at all.

Even my lovely lady who treats her nails as garden tools has had only one comment.........they last longer:)

Are you using a topcoat over the effects?

I am intrigued by this as I too have had nothing but positives from my clients. I use on natural nails - I use two coats of colour and then effect, then Super Shiny top coat and Solarspeed.

I have also used the effects over some airbrushed designs and the effect was amazing and long lasting.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this issue.

How quickly are you working? This is just a theory, but if the colour is too dry when you apply the effect it may not adhere properly. This is the case when using car paints, I know I'm talking about two totally different product formulations, but some of the adhesion principles are very similar so this may be possible?

I will bet MONEY on it being the use of AIR DRY. I have had problems with this topcoat when it gets a bit thick, but ONLY on natural HAND manicures- If you switch to Super Shiny I bet your problem vanishes :)

I would also be interested in this as Ive had only a couple of clients have this problem. Unfortunatelly all I got told by my ladies was after I had gone (I always make sure their polish is touch dry when leaving) is that the polish just seemed to rub off.
The funny thing was these ladies only have the effects painted on their nails and one of them I remember I did not use my trusty Super Shiney on. The coats were thin x2. But then on my next visit to these ladies, there same effects repainted last over 2 weeks!
I was thinking maybe I had a bad polish or something but after re applying it it stays on? and works fine, just has a funny 5 mins every so often (these are all on enhancements)
The only thing I can see thats doing this is that im not letting my Stickey dry enough before applying the effect? The polishes Ive had no probs with them, they tend to even stay on fine on my nails when Im doing other peoples enhancements :hug:

is anyone using Solar Speed Spray?

Yes me too, all my clients love it but I have found I do need to wait for a couple of minutes after applying topcoat to use it otherwise some ( not all) polishes seem to 'bubble'

I use it also after waiting around a minute, but I have also had the occasional incident wear the enamel wouldnt dry properly? - Im putting this down to not waiting long enough for the layer to dry/the layer being too thick though x :hug:

No problemos for moi. I love them, I use on natural nails and l+p and brisa. stickey, then colour, then effect and lastly super shiney. perfecto. :) xxx

Latest posts

Back