College or other training?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little_star

Reaction score
I completed my level two at college and now im not sure where to go and would appreciate other peoples opinions on where to train. Do you think it would be better to go back to college full time or do other training such as cnd or other companies, I looked into essential nails but think once i finished the course i wouldn't have the confidence to do real clients. so now im really confused where to go. Thanks xx:)

It all depends on you and how you will learn some people find one way better than the other do a search on them all and see what you feel would be best for you good luck
adell

I can recommend CND, you could probably do a conversion, but more to the point, there is ongoing training and support - call 0845 210 6060...HTH

Thanks for the advise. I felt like there was too many people in the class at college so didnt get enough help which is why im considering going somewhere else.

Look on the positive side, as you've got the government's stamp of approval with your VTCT. It's the only reason I'm bothering with it! :)

With that out of the way, you can get down to the serious stuff and take your time to decide on a brand/s that interest you, not only for their performance but for their educational merits as well. Good luck! :)

I can recommend CND, you could probably do a conversion, but more to the point, there is ongoing training and support - call 0845 210 6060...HTH
Yes i agree,
you will get top class training with creative and their maximum number in any class is 8 students hth :hug:

both
you will never stop learning​

Look on the positive side, as you've got the government's stamp of approval with your VTCT. It's the only reason I'm bothering with it! :)
Ditto to that!

I agree also with the originaly posters statement that there are too many in the college classes for me. I much prefer the almost one to one of company training. I have done college and also NSI, CND and EzFlow nail courses and Training Solutions for waxing, and none of those courses had more than 3 people working at a time. To me that's quality. At college you're lucky to get 5 minutes out of your tutor a week, the classes are so big. I don't think it's the tutors fault in any way, they are just so stretched.

I've virtually decided not to bother with level 3, just to do company training in the specific things I'd like to offer.

I am a tutor at my local college. I would rather teach smaller groups than 12 plus in a class, but the college will not run courses if there is not a minimum number of learners attending the course, which is a shame.

I am a tutor at my local college. I would rather teach smaller groups than 12 plus in a class, but the college will not run courses if there is not a minimum number of learners attending the course, which is a shame.

this is exactly what I mean. You can be a fantastic educator, but colleges always seem to put so many people in a class, the tutor just doesn't have the time to spend individually. It's a shame, but I think it's a product of this world we live in, where often money is the top of the agenda, and quality further down the list.

Latest posts

Back