Colour help...not paying attention...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimi1101

Reaction score
Hi. I had a bit of a disaster today.

So I had a client in who said she didnt like her hair being too brassy...usually use 9/0 and 9/1 on it but today I decided i would use half 9/8 and half 10/8 as she was going a bit lighter.

So totally didn't think at all about the fact she has a lot of grey and never put any base in, so when i rinsed where she had a lot of white, it had gone kind of purpley :S so I put a toner on these areas, 10/0 and 0/33 with pastel developer, made it a bit better but it was still ashy a bit. I kinda liked it apart from the bits which had been purpley still had a tinge in it, but she didn't like it. Said it looked a bit dull. So she said she's gonna go home and see how she feels later in the week (although I did offer to fix it straight away) and is booked in on Friday.

So what do I do? Got a headache thinking about it. Its a long standing customer but 've just opened my salon so I really want everyone who walks out to look and feel amazing and was so disappointed in myself today.

Thanks in advance xxxx

Chances are the violet will wash out during the week as long as it was mild. If it hasn't LaBiosthetique Tint & Tone has a color remover that is amazing, just follow pkg instuctions or you could try a color wash of lightner with 10 vol mixed with shampoo and cond.You will need to color over top.Good luck!

These things happen! We all have to do something like this once, so we sure won't do it again! :green:

I have been hairdressing 20 years but recently turned one of my oldest clients grey hair pink with a new colour :eek: Although I blame Tigi for telling me the wrong mix :wink2::wink2:

I agree, it will probably wash out as there is no base in the mix. You are probably wise to leave it alone for a couple of weeks, then re-colour.

the thought of tigi colour scares me LOLLL dunno why. . .

the thought of tigi colour scares me LOLLL dunno why. . .

Ha ha. I tried it for 3 months. I found it pretty unreliable and results inconsistent. They have a red range that apparently covers grey with no base. It doesn't! :eek:
I just found Tigi colours lacked 'punch'. I do like their true light bleach powder though.

I have gone back to Schwartzkopf :)

Latest posts

Back