Colour nightmare!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jotommo

Reaction score
Hi not been on for a while!
Ok, my cousin is a complete nightmare! Her hair is base 4/5 and she used to have alot of bleach foils almost white almost over! Anyway decided she wanted it global white! That was its own nightmare as I had to bleach and it wasn't perfect blonde used toners ect.. She was moaning I 'hadn't done it right' ect ect anyway after explaining bleach will only lift do much ...... So, last time she asked for it toned down :-/ pfft! So I did bleach in scalp ( I use blonde me) and ran through with 7/0 fouls! It was lovely!!!! Anyway now she's asking to go back to highlights :-( I could cry ;-(( I'm drained mentally, with her, any suggestions please ... Should I just do root foil bleach and
Sparingly do 4/0 foils through to get back to what it was sparingly do c

Sorry my phone sent before I'd finished!
Would this be what you would do? Thanks alot xxx

Nightmare!
I would go with what you said, real fine dark weaves teeny ones.. to break the global up
She won't be happy as them sort of clients never are!
Let her know it will take a few more appointments to get her back to normal again,
Good luck :) xx

You could do Hun maybe not even base 4 but like a 5/73?? bluerinse is good with colour on here he'll be floating around at some point Hun :)

yes u need to break it up with a darker colour and touch up the bleach at the same time. I'd go for a base 5 as its over porous bleached hair it will grab but u will need a warm 5 a flat 4 or 5 will give off khaki tones (and she wont want that!) also u nees to use a semi or quassi no more then 3% as u are only depositing colour and tone and there is no need for any lift over bleach! keep your weaves very fine! hth x

I would say that the contrast between full head bleach and foils of base 4 would be too much and wouldn't look very nice.. IMO.
I would suggest using bleach and maybe foils of base 6 & 7. Against the bleach, those colours will look significantly darker and break up the block bleach colour and look nicer. You can gradually introduce more darker tones as she pleases but wouldn't just plunge straight in with full head base 4 foils against full head bleach.
Hth x

I agree there will be a big contrast and the colours dont compliment each other, but she has root area to think of, u would have to lift root to a 6/7 then put tone in midlengths and ends, big job really for a fussy cousin! x
I would say that the contrast between full head bleach and foils of base 4 would be too much and wouldn't look very nice.. IMO.
I would suggest using bleach and maybe foils of base 6 & 7. Against the bleach, those colours will look significantly darker and break up the block bleach colour and look nicer. You can gradually introduce more darker tones as she pleases but wouldn't just plunge straight in with full head base 4 foils against full head bleach.
Hth x

I agree there will be a big contrast and the colours dont compliment each other, but she has root area to think of, u would have to lift root to a 6/7 then put tone in midlengths and ends, big job really for a fussy cousin! x

Ah, yes will be a fussy job but just think it would look nicer than such a huge contrast as base 4 against bleach blonde will look practically black! ..
I hope she is paying you for all of this lol! x

I would personally use a level 6 permanent on the roots every 3rd foil and possibly back to back with a blonde so you're blending the dark suffiently and use a quasi on the ends. If you don't already tone the blonde, then I'd say to do so, as I find toners, whatever the tone, help when adding a lowlight as they take the bleachy edge off, so it's not such a harsh contrast... Definitely go for a warm tone with the lowlight though :)

Thanks alot I'll go for the 6 I think?! Oh I hate fussy customers at the best of times! Xxxx

how did the 6 sit on the blonde ? or have you not done it yet x

Nightmare! Make sure you explain that after this change, she cannot go back lighter for a long time till condition etc is back to normal.
I'd do foils, lift roots in them, then flood rest with 6/77 ctouch.
Then maybe tone blond down slighty if they need it after.

what would be an equavalent color in mrel do you know

what would be an equavalent color in mrel do you know

In loreal it's prob gonna be 6/35 if memory serves me right, it has been along time, but 6/77 is like a rich chocolate brunette x

Hth x

I AGREE
i call them bird **** streaks!!

and because it is a family member u can talk to her frankly i assume..
personally i would say no to her or pick a colour n sick to it!!!!
i hate these kind of clients and wish i could say it to them..

i feel for u hun =[ x

I AGREE
i call them bird **** streaks!!

and because it is a family member u can talk to her frankly i assume..
personally i would say no to her or pick a colour n sick to it!!!!
i hate these kind of clients and wish i could say it to them..

i feel for u hun =[ x

Lol, bird **** streaks! Ha ha, yes that's what I was getting at without being quite so honest lol!! Just not a good look in my opinion! Xx

Id be letting your cousin know it's scissors and a comb you have - not a magic wand!!

You certainly won't be able to stick her hair back on once it's damaged from her wanting a new colour all the time! X

I haven't done it yet (18th dec) Beleive me I have talked to her till the cows came home over her hair! I actually hate the streaks to global process more than the other way! There is no way to go it perfectly in one go ! She examined her hair saying there were some darker bits on the ends :-/ how she expected me to pick them out with bleach and not damage here hair I don't know?!? ;-(( its soooo draining , if only people would listen!, I'll letlisten

Can't get used to writing on my phone sorry :--

Latest posts

Back