comp help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pipper

Reaction score
I am entering at nail competition her in Denmark and my models nails beds are a little short on some fingers, is it better that her free edge is showing a little and the white is the same long or would you cover the natural free edge and make the tips uneven long . I am using forms. I also am doing moons and I am not shore how to get this done with out taking the back edge in zone 3.. Does this make sense?

My honest opinion is that if you want to win, you have to choose the right model. Short nail beds will not be good enough.

All free edges should be exactly the same length when completed.

If you are sculpting the free edges, it is best to remove all the free edge and use your file to create the smile line at the end of the nail. This way, when you sculpt, you push the product back up against the smile line and you get a perfect smile plus the product is thin as can be because it does not go over the nail plate at all. Good luck, but I really suggest you find another model.

thank you geeg
i know you er right. she did have really long nailbeds 2 weeks ago but they have gone short on 2 fingers after i removed her nails *(gelé) and had a praktis, and only 5 days to comp i dont realy think that i can finde a new model. i saw her friday and they hade growen a littel. a havde given her solaroil and solarbutter and AHA to get her in shap.

but i know you are right... get a new model , because i really want to win

Ah ... maybe we are getting a little mixed u p with the language difference :D

By long nail bed, I mean the PINK part of the nail ... this is what should be as long as possible. It does not matter if she doesn't have ANY white part of the nail showing, because you can sculpt them as I have listed above.

Enjoy the competition and the best of luck to you on the day. :hug:

geeg said:
Ah ... maybe we are getting a little mixed u p with the language difference :D

By long nail bed, I mean the PINK part of the nail ... this is what should be as long as possible. It does not matter if she doesn't have ANY white part of the nail showing, because you can sculpt them as I have listed above.

Enjoy the competition and the best of luck to you on the day. :hug:

no you got it right first time , the nailbed (pink) is short on 3 fingers. 2 on one hand whitch i will pant. so i am left with 1 short nailbed on her ring finger . i am going to go for a littel nail free edge showing and hope this will not cost too many points.. i will do moons to get some ´points there..

thank you for the support. this is my first time sculpting in a comp. did tips last time and made 4th place.
Is it normal that to have both tips(not white) and sculpting in same comp.

Normally sculpting and tips are separate categories.

Be careful that if you do moons, you do not make the nail bed appear even shorter. Keep them very subtle. By the way I am an international Judge in many competitions .. just so you know I'm not talking about something I don't know! lol :D

geeg said:
Normally sculpting and tips are separate categories.

Be careful that if you do moons, you do not make the nail bed appear even shorter. Keep them very subtle. By the way I am an international Judge in many competitions .. just so you know I'm not talking about something I don't know! lol :D

sorry you made me smil... i know that you are a very good judge and i am lisning too every thing you are saying

i would love to spend a day with you and just sook up 1% of what you know
thank you soo much for taking time out to os geeks

Do you know my friend Mina in Copenhagen???

geeg said:
Do you know my friend Mina in Copenhagen???

yes she is my distributor. and a great suppot.mina got me to enter the last comp one hour before start only hade my brush with me. so she got all the things for me. even the model
I changed to cnd 1 years ago and love it . cost me 10000 pounds to get out of a kontrakt with a fanchise . thinking of becoming a educator in maj do you know who is coming to teach os

I love Mina and Nis ... they are very dear friends of ours.

So you may become a Creative Ambassador??? CONGRATULATIONS.

I do not know who will be teaching your bootcamp, but I will find out!!! :D

I will think of you next weekend and don't forget to tell us how you did in the competition!!

It is not always good to try out something very new to you (moons in this case) in a competition unless you are really happy with the way you do them. Best to stick with doing what you do best!!

It is like trying out a new recipe when you have guests to dinner ... it can go horribly wrong!!

geeg said:
I love Mina and Nis ... they are very dear friends of ours.

So you may become a Creative Ambassador??? CONGRATULATIONS.

I do not know who will be teaching your bootcamp, but I will find out!!! :D

I will think of you next weekend and don't forget to tell us how you did in the competition!!

It is not always good to try out something very new to you (moons in this case) in a competition unless you are really happy with the way you do them. Best to stick with doing what you do best!!

It is like trying out a new recipe when you have guests to dinner ... it can go horribly wrong!!

okay no moons . and i will tell you how i do. thank you

Latest posts

Back