Competition French-2nd choice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovenails1

Reaction score
This is the 2nd photo I took of the same nails.

It's a bit blurry so it probably wont blow up as good, and the nails still look BLAH, I'm so disappointed, but I have the worst Chest Infection and running a fever, so it's my best I could do.

Please give opinions of which one looks the best, I appreciate any comments. Thanks.

I think they look good, the white is a bit long for my taste, but other than that very nice:hug:

I think they look good, the white is a bit long for my taste, but other than that very nice:hug:

they are comp nails hun...whites are always longer in comp nails.:)

they look good to me, but i have no experience with comp nails...Jac would be good to ask. xx

they are comp nails hun...whites are always longer in comp nails.:)

they look good to me, but i have no experience with comp nails...Jac would be good to ask. xx
PMSL!!! Can you tell I would not have a clue about competition nails, lol
:lol:

i think U did a very good job....& i like the idia of this photo...as for me, the composition looks great...but as for the nail look, somewhy i think the 1st choice is a bit better, nails look nicer on that picture...but the design of this one is still more interesting...

So these are for a comp are they, well they are very nice, could have done with some side view and barrel shots, your smiles are nice, can you get them further up the nail so the nail bed looks longer and if you could do the smiles a bit deeper and taper the free edge more, your doing great though, try getting urban geek or sparklepink to critique them for you.

So these are for a comp are they, well they are very nice, could have done with some side view and barrel shots, your smiles are nice, can you get them further up the nail so the nail bed looks longer and if you could do the smiles a bit deeper and taper the free edge more, your doing great though, try getting urban geek or sparklepink to critique them for you.

Just a quick question... I have heard that the free edge of a comp nail should be a very sharp square, is this true?

It does seem to be what they look for, have a look in the gallery under competitions and you will see loads of wining nails.

I think they look beautiful but as Jac has said you will get better critique if you submit pics from side angle and barrel shots. If you can, do the smiles a bit deeper. There looks from what I see great consistency apart from the pinky which looks a bit out of balance in zone 3. Comp nails should be dead square too.

Brilliant effort - keep at it and let us see some pics from all angles.

I would go for deeper smile lines. These are almost natural looking and salon style smile lines.

smile lines should be a tad deeper (but then again the nail beds should be longer also), they look a little thick around the cuticles, color is good, but i dislike comp nails at the best of times. What they look for is a thin ultimate fake look, you are getting close:lol:

Fantastic job!!
Do my eyes fool me or is there a bit of redness on the top hand ring finger?
IMO i would of built up the stress point a little more. Your attention to shape is amazing. well done

Wll done, these are really consistent which is what the judges look out most for. I would go with the others on the deeper smil line, probably on a model with longer nail beds so the don't look too unbalanced.

Sidewalls are lovely but I would have made the shape much more square for comp. These are like a longer salon nail.

Good luck, hope to see you at excell! xx

Latest posts

Back