Competition watching my every move

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watch every single move my competitors make. I don't necessarily copy them, but I make sure I know what's going on.
I consider it to be an essential part of my business growth strategy...

I find it quite sad people can't be creative enough to do their own things and resort to copying. I may like a concept, and re create my own version, but it would be at a different time and completely different wording: images.
I have just done new price lists and 2 offers for a salon in moving to, including new logo, and Christmas material. I haven't looked at anyone's offers or the like before doing them.

Maybe you should design offers to put on Facebook that are pictures rather than typed details, harder to copy and will look more professional. I use word often, save to PDF. And paint is one of my best friends. Even though they are both very basic tools I get great looking work from them xoxo

I keep a upto date watch list what my competitiors are doing too....but i choose to run my business a different way to them. Plus i word my packages very amusing names so no clients can get messed up with another salon! I think its good to keep tabs on whats going on. In my salon i know whats goin on between staff and clients and salons its a community thing where you get to know things after a while. xoxo

It's all childish games.
I had my nearest competitor book in with me for lashes. I had a sudden influx the same week for lashes from other girls. 2 days before they all cancelled.
After a bit if stalking discovered they are all Facebook friends so she obviously got them all to book me up then cancel.
Little did she realise i came down with flu that week so cancellations were exactly what I needed and she done me a favour!! Lol
Plus others that I had to turn down due to being fully booked just booked for the following week and now they are even more excited as 'I must be good to have a waiting list' lol

Just made me chuckle that she went to such effort.
I'm happy and confident in what I do, I don't have time to worry about the competition. People will either come to me of not. I can only do my best.

Ignore them, let them waste energy on u. Its less energy they then have for themselves!

X

I've had it and it drives you crazy but I no longer care. I'm surrounded by salons but hand on heart, I've never checked out their sites or prices as I really couldn't care less. The only thing that gets me are people who nick stuff off my site but again, it's always other people who alert me to it.

The person copying you is scared that you are going to steal their business. Number one, stop looking at their Facebook and delete them. They're not your mates so don't worry what they think.

Do your own thing, be brilliant and sod 'em all.

So why don't you block her and just don't write things on your page that you don't want her to see? Put most of it on your fb account so she cant see it.
She's only competition if you let her be. You will find these sort if therapists that have to copy will not last long in business anyway.
Don't let it bother you x

If this was happening to me, I would probably post my offer on FB then add something like, "No doubt a similar offer will soon appear on a competitors website. Please remember where you saw this offer first. They do say that imitation is the best form of flattery so, "Thank You" You must know we are the original and the best. xx

:wink2:

If this was happening to me, I would probably post my offer on FB then add something like, "No doubt a similar offer will soon appear on a competitors website. Please remember where you saw this offer first. They do say that imitation is the best form of flattery so, "Thank You" You must know we are the original and the best. xx

:wink2:

In my opinion that is not professional. It looks like you are scared of your competition and I would wonder why that is... maybe she IS better than you?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

In my opinion that is not professional. It looks like you are scared of your competition and I would wonder why that is... maybe she IS better than you?

I agree

But putting origional ad best sounds good xoxo

Last edited:
I'm having a problem where a local salon isn't stealing my deals, but my designs!

One of their ex regulars now comes to me but she still gets her hair done there... she has her cut/colour done, lo and behold my design (or rather, a shoddy 'copy') is on their Facebook page. This week it was leopard print :)

To be honest, I found it funny that they are threatened by me!!

Let them copy - you know that imitation is the best form of flattery? ;)

xxx

Ok so this is an old topic from 4 months ago that someone has bumped - I'm no longer having a problem with her but thank you for all the advice. I didn't want to flat out block her, as she is the only other lash tech in town I would need her if I ever want to get my lashes done again :-/ but I have not been having any problems with her. I actually took over an existing salon a couple of months ago and she wished me well and sent me a really nice message.

It's all childish games.
I had my nearest competitor book in with me for lashes. I had a sudden influx the same week for lashes from other girls. 2 days before they all cancelled.
After a bit if stalking discovered they are all Facebook friends so she obviously got them all to book me up then cancel.
Little did she realise i came down with flu that week so cancellations were exactly what I needed and she done me a favour!! Lol
Plus others that I had to turn down due to being fully booked just booked for the following week and now they are even more excited as 'I must be good to have a waiting list' lol

Just made me chuckle that she went to such effort.
I'm happy and confident in what I do, I don't have time to worry about the competition. People will either come to me of not. I can only do my best.

Ignore them, let them waste energy on u. Its less energy they then have for themselves!

X

I have a feeling this is what the lady thats trying to compete with me did too! I had a week where people were ringing to book in all the time. And the calls were coming very early in the morning, or very late at night. They would say they need a tan asap and if they could come straight away, I'd reluctantly say yes, set up and they wouldnt rock up, i'd try to call but no answer. I thought it was very suss but didn't think much of it until now. :/

Frustrating but glad its stopped!

Latest posts

Back