Complaining Customer!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becky_1992

Reaction score
Right im clueless with what to do as this is the 1st time its happened to me!!

i did a womans nails as she wanted them done for her birthday night out, only charged her £20 for full set as it was a birthday package, she texted me that morning at 3 in the morning!! saying that the gel is lifting off the white tip, she kept texting and texting, i replied saying ill come and have a look and re do them for free but she said that she wants her money back instead.
i went away for the weekend so couldnt do anything about it i said id sort it when i get back (Now) but during when i was away she said shes had to take them all off as they looked horrible? but ive just texted her asking if they are all off and will want another picture to see if they are but she says ive already had a picture (before i went away) and she says that there not off, so i picked her up on that saying that she said she took them off and shes just replied that she was in the process of that but it was hurting to much.
yet she wont send me another picture and shes telling me to just put the money through her door
what am i meant to do? i thought about giving her some money back but not all as shes still got them on and i have offered to re do them for free, Helppp!!!

Why would u text someone at 3 in morning about your nails x

Sorry I read it wrong x

I would offer to remove the other nails still on and that be all tbh x

she did text me at 3 in the morning!! ha 1st it was 2 in the morning then 3 then half 3 :/ xx

what go there and remove them myself instead of her claiming shes removed them etc and then give her the money back?xx

Has she got nothing better to do lipid you brought something from tesco you wouldn't be there at 3 in morning to moan. To me she sounds like she tried it on x

Yer go there remove them explain I'd she removes them herself she may damage her nails x

she has tried it on as all she wanted them for was her birthday night out, now shes had them for that she wants her money back, i said id come take them off or re do them and she says that she just wants her money back so post it through the door :s xxx

I find it highly suspicious she wants you to slip the money through the door without you having the chance to see the nails! Never give a refund unless you have seen and removed them!

Was she on her night out, realised she had spent too much and thought it would be a great idea to complain and get a refund? Totally unreasonable to call at 2 or 3 am! Good luck! x

sounds to me like she was texting you after a night out. i had a lady who claimed that all her shellac peeled off the next day. i said it was the first time it had happened and offered her a re-do. she moaned saying she wanted her money back, after numerous texts back and forth i decided she wasn't a customer i wanted so i refused saying it was a re-do or nothing. she didn't text me back.

i think some people just want stuff for free and will try anything to get it. don't offer her money, just a replacement set

If you buy a packet of biscuits from a supermarket and when you opened them found them to be broken how would you go about getting a refund from the supermarket?

You would take the biscuits back, they would look at them and say 'we're so sorry madam, here is a replacement. You might jump up and down and say you want your money back and they might give in but bottom line if you said, well we ate them anyway you would get nothing.

We call customers like this chances. She had her birthday, spent to much and now she'd like her money back so she can buy fags for the rest of the week.

Ignore her, she might slate you to her friends, but do you really want more customers just like her?

By law you have to see what's wrong, you have to be given the chance to put it right and only if you are unable to put it right is she entitled to a refund.
As a by the by, if it hurt like hell for her to remove them herself, then they couldn't have been lifting could they?
Send her a letter telling her what the law states, keep a copy for your file, send those texts to your email and then print them of, put those in the file and then move on.

Tell her to soak them off and lose your number! It sounds like youve tried to help her so don't worry, you don't need that type of custom or anyone she recommends. Know you've tried to be professional and move on.

thank you all for your greatt advice!! helps alot!
my brother has even said that she went out realised she spent to much and then does this to get some money back.

i have just asked her now how many are off as she claimed shes took them off and shes just said - a couple the gel has come off and its just the tip

so i think ill offer to fix them if she doesnt want them done then i wont give a refund yeah?xxx

Never give a full refund unless you no that you are in the wrong. Sounds like she is trying it on, you need to see them for yourself before offering any sort of money back, and if you give heh anything, go round to see that they have gone or remove them yourself.
She might have wanted them for a night out at the weekend, they might have been fine and she is trying to get a free full set, don't give in hun and keep confident.

Kayleigh x

Essential Bliss Beauty Therapy

She's definitely trying it on! Please don't give her any money. You've done the right thing so far. She obviously just wants a free set of nails. She's not the sort of customer you want anyway.

Im not qualified but I have to say please don't refund her because she will spread the word and you will get the rep that you are an easy touch :sad:

Offer to take them off for her and tidy up her natural nails. I personally wouldn't do another set for free, she sounds like she is trying it on.

And hopefully you won't have to deal with her again, but if her nails are done at least she can't say 'look at the state of these' :irked:

Good Luck and stay strong, these people are sent to test us :lick:

Last edited:
I had a similar situation with a Shellac client about an appt cancellation. She has a standing appt and knows my policy on cancellations. One day she called 15 minutes after her appt time to cancel due to a flat tire. I felt so bad for her until I went on Facebook aNd saw her checkin at a restaurant 2 minutes away at her appointment time. I was furious but gave her the benefit of the doubt. She had rescheduled to the following week and STOOD ME UP WITH NO CALL! I was so angry I was ready to write her off as a client. Later that day I posted an opening in Facebook and guess who responded....... Yea you know it!! Talkin bout how she needed me as her nails were a wreck. I explained to her about her missed appt and she had yet another story. I ignored it and posted her a link to my cancellation policy. She comes in for her THIRD appt with...... Here it comes..... ACRYLIC NAILS FROM AN NSS SHOP. And moaned how horrible they were and how she needed me to fix them. I told her "if you want nails you couldve just told me"

So all that lying just to get another inexperienced tech to do her nails. And I still had to fix them. I charged her of course an she stated it was a lesson learned.

Moral to the story.... Stand ur ground, babe.

Thank you all so much once again!! I stood my ground and told her all i can offer her is to re do them as its never happend before and never had any complaint or problems with my nails! she went on saying shes gettin someone else to do them etc and then i was like well as i stated all i can offer is to re do them and told her how she claimed she had took them off but when i wanted proof you said there all on still then guess what she turns rounds and says -
" Im sorry, £20 is £20 dont worry about it"

So you was all right so a big thankyou to all of you!! xxxx

Thank you all so much once again!! I stood my ground and told her all i can offer her is to re do them as its never happend before and never had any complaint or problems with my nails! she went on saying shes gettin someone else to do them etc and then i was like well as i stated all i can offer is to re do them and told her how she claimed she had took them off but when i wanted proof you said there all on still then guess what she turns rounds and says -
" Im sorry, £20 is £20 dont worry about it"

So you was all right so a big thankyou to all of you!! xxxx

I'm glad you stood your ground well done x

Latest posts

Back