Complaint...advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x.x.kelly

Nailjunkie
Reaction score
Hey a girls who's nails I did last week has messages me sYing she's not happy as her nail came off in the bath, she had extremely short nails and I warned her they might not last that long, here's a pic do you think this could have happened from a bath?? It's the pinky one x
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1387226874.116841.jpg

I am definitely no expert I admit as I've only trained in tips but not practiced...but this reminds of how it looks when they've been soaked in acetone??? Could be completely wrong and the other geeks will confirm or not as the case may be.

Yh how could a bath do this though? N she has glued it back on x

what have you said to her and how long have you been doing nails

there seems to be a little lifting, which could have caused her to pick a little etc,are you doing your prep,are you leaving a small margin making sure no product touches the skin. if it was me i would ask her to come back and probally de bulk the nail a little and check for any lifting etc , htp xx

What did u use l&p or hard gels

I was just going to say as above a little bit of lifting , had she perhaps been biting to as tip looks like it's got a slight dent on side

I have only been doing nails since September, and I used a soak off gel, I've had no problems before or even with my own nails and I'm a hairdresser I'm very careful with my prep work as I know this is important and had troubles when I started x

I'm going to her on Wednesday to have a proper look and fix & replace x

don't take it the wrong way i'd remove and start again the nails are not right at all it will give you a chance to amend and get more practice good business practice i have to ask were you happy with this set you did

How long has she had them on? If it's less than 7 days I might be tempted to re-do the one nail as a good will gesture, it's not worth leaving her un-happy even if it is her own fault

No I wasn't very happy with them but her nails are so short it was hard to gel a decent looking nail

She's had them on since Thursday but when I was doing then she was telling me how she used to bite at them n pick at them before n how she would alwYs complain

She's had them on since Thursday but when I was doing then she was telling me how she used to bite at them n pick at them before n how she would alwYs complain

There you go, sounds like a bit of lifting may have occured, shes spotted it and picked away!

I used to be a nail biter and i still find myself biting (gently) down on my enhancements, it's a habit that i can't quite stop, but if i get any lifting i have to re-do or else i will pick even if I'm not aware of it. :o

I feel like **** now tbh n feel my nails are **** :(

No I wasn't very happy with them but her nails are so short it was hard to gel a decent looking nail
it looks to me you applied the gel in thin layers like polish method there is alot of bulk on the tip that hasnot been shaped well the back area is thin and no structucer in the apex and no overall shap to the nail by the time you get to her all will have lifted scrutinies your picture what do you think of these nails if you were looking as if she was coming to you from elsewhere

I feel like **** now tbh n feel my nails are **** :(

When you look at the photo do you feel the nails could be improved in anyway?

Slot of bulk on tip is where she wanted glitter on tips so I mixed glitter with gel n applied to the tips x

Latest posts

Back