Complete loss of confidence in lash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi I teach Marvellash and haven't had a problem. Are you shaking the glue really well? Make sure you apply enough to the lash and that the lash lays down the length of the natural lash (not just stuck on at the root).

I will give it another go with shaking glue well first and see what happens, thanks for trying to help.
How long after can client use marvel lash mascara is it 48 hours???

I had the same problem went on a course and brought a salon starter kit all in all spent over £700 but had nothing but trouble I was dreading the phone ringing with another complaint I got so low and disheartened from it now it is sitting in the cupboard gathering dust :-( xx

Thats a shame, dont give up.

I think you need to practice a lot more and you will get the hang of it.

Ive only been doing it for a month or so and i didnt realise how hard it was. But i get quicker and better everytime.

I really enjoy doing it, just need more people to practice on.

Get it back out, clean the dust off and give it another shot :biggrin:

I too found that marvel lash glue wasn't great.
I then brought Kiss No 1 extreme glue, and recieved a sample pot of flirties glue-
Kiss No 1 i applied on my friends left eye- we found it quite fumey, gave us both a headache, but it was fast drying.
Flirties i applied to her right eye- not as fast drying, but not fumey.

Flirties glue is far stronger. she has lost none from her right eye.
from the left eye i have had to infils on week 1.
xx

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you've having problems. To be honest, until you are really confident with your service you shouldn't really be advertising as a professional. I know that when I go and get my lashes done I expect an A1 service. I advise all my students to promote themselves as students and not charge for the treatment until they pass their assessments (and have insurance). During this time if there are any issues with technique/products the customer is less likely to complain because they understand you are working towards being a professional. And when you do become a professional these ladies are usually your first loyal clients and will recommend you.

HTH
Francesca

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear you've having problems. To be honest, until you are really confident with your service you shouldn't really be advertising as a professional. I know that when I go and get my lashes done I expect an A1 service. I advise all my students to promote themselves as students and not charge for the treatment until they pass their assessments (and have insurance). During this time if there are any issues with technique/products the customer is less likely to complain because they understand you are working towards being a professional. And when you do become a professional these ladies are usually your first loyal clients and will recommend you.

HTH
Francesca

What about those of us that have completed our training, got insurance and still don't feel confident enough...there comes a time that you have to start clawing money back and if, like me, you will never be truly satisfied with your own work, you'd be one of the countless people who have paid good money and spent very valuable time training and practicing with nothing to show for it except a kit gathering dust! I have had my confidence blown by dodgy glue, and let me tell you it's not a nice feeling! Sometimes I wonder if the level of training available on one day courses is actually viable to make a career from...I guess only time will tell for many of us, myself included :sad:

What about those of us that have completed our training, got insurance and still don't feel confident enough...there comes a time that you have to start clawing money back and if, like me, you will never be truly satisfied with your own work, you'd be one of the countless people who have paid good money and spent very valuable time training and practicing with nothing to show for it except a kit gathering dust! I have had my confidence blown by dodgy glue, and let me tell you it's not a nice feeling! Sometimes I wonder if the level of training available on one day courses is actually viable to make a career from...I guess only time will tell for many of us, myself included :sad:

I think what people fail to realise here is that lashing is hard, hence why there are not that many good lash techs around.
We are not born great over night but we have to invest hours and hours into lashing - something a lot of techs don't to, firstly because they realise just how difficult it really is and secondly because they are too busy doing all the other treatments they have to do to earn a living.
I'm now a great believer having been there and got the t shirt that you can not be a jack of all trades but instead I think you need to be a master of one.

My original training was only one day and was poor, I've had dodgy glues, the worst clients, a year of offering lashes for -£20 quid only because people are tight! It's not easy, I've wanted to quite do many times, it doesn't just fall in your lap and your sail along swimmingly in the happy lash world, cos every now and then someone will throw in that low baller and it will seriously affect you, but u gotta dust yourself and get on with it.

But u have to practice, it's the only way you improve because u won't suddenly wake up amazing, and yes one day courses won't teach you much / but can you afford the £3000 to go on that week long course?????? I'm guessing NO - so u can see why these one day courses exist, doesn't make it right - but you will get taught the basics and from then you need to learn yourself / or take extra training, try your own techniques, read forums - study pictures etc.

It's hard but if you want it enough you will do it
And never being satisfied with you work will make you a better tech!

OK, so as I said, I'm qualified and insured, have practiced a lot and am charging around half of what others in my area charge (and will continue to do so until I feel I'm up to scratch)...here is a set I did this morning on a young girl going on holiday tomorrow. I used J curl 8/9/11 with a few 13's where I could as she wanted them 'natural looking but much longer towards the outside'. It was my first attempt using a fast setting glue (I changed as I was getting sooo many sticky's), my best set before had been around 50 per eye and I got many more on this time (I'm sure that's thanks to the glue). Please can you let me know what you think...am I dreaming that I'll ever be any good? How can I improve? All feedback gratefully received! Alix xxx
PS I know my photography is rubbish...just another thing I need to practice ;)

Attachments

• Chelsea lashes 2.jpg
    Chelsea lashes 2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 167
  • Cheslea lashes 1.jpg
    Cheslea lashes 1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 166
Hi I teach Marvellash and haven't had a problem. Are you shaking the glue really well? Make sure you apply enough to the lash and that the lash lays down the length of the natural lash (not just stuck on at the root).

With a good adhesive you don't need to smother the extension in it and slide it along the natural lash. With good fast adhesive you do only need to use a small amount and bond the base of the extension and place the lash instead of swiping etc. using less adhesive and only bonding bases is also advantageous as it reduces the weight and strain on the natural lash.
I'm sure Marvellash is fine for the techniques you're using but it's just not one of the better ones, sorry. X

Flirties are running free skill building workshops, open to anyone trained in semi permanent eyelash extensions. These are aimed at beginners/intermediate techs who need a bit more confidence and tuition to improve their basic skills. I have one scheduled in Tetbury, Gloucestershire but there are more dates and venues coming up xxx

Flirties are running free skill building workshops, open to anyone trained in semi permanent eyelash extensions. These are aimed at beginners/intermediate techs who need a bit more confidence and tuition to improve their basic skills. I have one scheduled in Tetbury, Gloucestershire but there are more dates and venues coming up xxx

Please can I ask where I find this info? And is it open to anyone trained no matter who the trained with?
:)

Hi kellymc

Yes open to any trained lash techs. It's aimed at beginner/intermediate level - to help refine the basics, improve confidence and also improve on theory knowledge. Quite handy if you have entered into lash ext and want a bit of guidance to progress. Kind of a bridge between beginning and the advanced courses. Feel free to email me [email protected] and I will send over info, dates, venues etc x

I trained with flirties and tbh it wasn't the best training and I no longer use the glue as I had 2 clients become allergic to it - I've also never heard a word from flirties since I trained wether that be informing myself about their changing products classes etc.
I'd love to find some extra training for lashes to learn new techniques and build up my own technique x

Hi beautyxperts, I've just popped a pm over to you :)

Latest posts

Back