Concealing VERY dark circles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bombini

Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend a product that does an AMAZING job of covering up very dark circles in the eye area ?

I did a bridal trial today & everything was perfect apart from the dark circles, normally I don't have a problem with concealing this area but although I made a difference I feel there must be something I could of done or used to make it much less noticable.

jane iredale do a really good concealer called circle/delete, which is really good at covering up such circles. i sometimes still use a lilac concealer first if theyre that bad, HTHs

Was it the Jane Iredale stuff you were using?

Would Touche Eclat be any different - would fear that anything else would be too heavy and look cakes on!

Im already using the Jane Iredale Circle/Delete which has helped but they are still very dark, usually I get brilliant results with C/D but these circles are darkest ive ever come across.

Oey, Iredale now have a product very similar to Touche Eclat which I also tried but I think I do have some Touche Eclat knocking around but it is VERY old (think back to when it was launched) its got to be at least six years old ! lol

Juliette

JI do a heavy duty concealer to comabat severe dark circles I cannot for the life of me remember the name but call your rep she will know

hth's

Angela:hug:

I have dark circles which after a night on the town rival Taggart! Lol,
tried touche eclat, no 7, clinique etc but have settled with Boi-ing by benefit.
Says it's indusrial strength! and stays on all day and has lasted for ages!

Also started using a facial gradual tanner too as they seem worse when i'm pasty looking.

hi

i like Smashbox studios eye primer and concealer duo - i used it on a bride who had really dark under eyes and it was good - i bought it in a box set - i know they sell it on QVC not sure where else to get it - but sure an internet search should bring something up

regards
nicola
x

Thanks so much all all your suggestions !

I will look into the benefit product & Im sure Smashbox is sold in Space NK which is just down the road from me so will pop in at lunchtime & chack it out :)

I will call me rep to about this heavy duty concealer as don't think I have it in my kit.

Thanks again, Will let you know how I get on :green:

Thanks so much all all your suggestions !

I will look into the benefit product & Im sure Smashbox is sold in Space NK which is just down the road from me so will pop in at lunchtime & chack it out :)

I will call me rep to about this heavy duty concealer as don't think I have it in my kit.

Thanks again, Will let you know how I get on :green:

Certainly our John Lewis sells Smash box if you have one near.

Hey hun :green:

Lilac colour corrector is not warm enough to eliminate dark circles, it will (in my experience) go ashen when applied over blue toned areas (like the undereye) much like pink does.

Have a read of this thread....

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/54693-under-eye-makeup.html

Peach colour corrector is the way to go

Thanks Amy,

Im already using a peach concealer, not having much luck with it :confused:

As I say it does a fab job normally but this girls circles are really dark, not sure if there is anything that will do the trick :irked:

Thanks Gill but John Lewis not close to me, didn't get chance to pop into space but will do tomorrow.

Will also update you next week if I managed to get it covered !

i think its ysl the price is around £20 my sister uses this and it works on her she has bad circles
It looks like a pen but has a brush on the end.

Thanks Amy,

Im already using a peach concealer, not having much luck with it :confused:

As I say it does a fab job normally but this girls circles are really dark, not sure if there is anything that will do the trick :irked:

Thanks Gill but John Lewis not close to me, didn't get chance to pop into space but will do tomorrow.

Will also update you next week if I managed to get it covered !

You need to colour correct before applying foundation or concealer to the area. MAC's Peach Colour Corrector gets rid of the most prominent circles under Asian eyes, and the amount I use is in accordance with severity of the ashen tone, so I can't see why this wouldn't work for your client?

For clients/models who need industrial strength undereye coverage, I never use foundation in the under eye area. To me, this is a redundant layer (and the less stuff around the eye area the better, caked is not an attractive look), as you should be letting colour correctors and concealers do the work. So I would apply peach colour corrector, a small dab of moisturising concealer (MAC Moisture Cover, another of my faves) to blend the area well into the facial base, and then at the very end of the makeup, blend YSL Touche with Moisture Cover (to alleviate flash-photog syndrome) and apply where needed (and sparingly).

In the meantine, could you bully your client into drinking some water and improving her diet? :green:

You need to colour correct before applying foundation or concealer to the area. MAC's Peach Colour Corrector gets rid of the most prominent circles under Asian eyes, and the amount I use is in accordance with severity of the ashen tone, so I can't see why this wouldn't work for your client?

For clients/models who need industrial strength undereye coverage, I never use foundation in the under eye area. To me, this is a redundant layer (and the less stuff around the eye area the better, caked is not an attractive look), as you should be letting colour correctors and concealers do the work. So I would apply peach colour corrector, a small dab of moisturising concealer (MAC Moisture Cover, another of my faves) to blend the area well into the facial base, at the very end of the makeup, blend YSL Touche with Moisture Cover (to alleviate flash-photog syndrome) and apply where needed (and sparingly).

In the meantine, could you bully your client into drinking some water and improving her diet? :green:

Mmmm think I will be getting some MAC Colour Corrector then :idea:

I have always applied concealer first then foundation but when I did my JI training they advised to do it the other way round (which I did for this bride) maybe thats where im going wrong ?

She does drink lots of water already, so she says.

Its a shame as she is stunning but these circles are very noticable.

I treat colour corrector and concealer as two different things.

I colour correct before foundation, then I conceal after foundation. Sometimes I do use foundation on the undereye area, if the skin and tone is good there and doesn't need much correction or concealment.

Out of interest hun, are you using mineral makeup for your bride's makeup?

I used to conceal before applying founadtion, but now I always conceal and colour correct after foundation.

Why?

Now I use mineral make-up, I find bits that I might have had to colour correct or conceal with liquid foundation don't need doing or need only a slight application, once the foundation is applied. It doesn't harm the overall finish at all, as it blends so well with the foundation.

Juliette the JI one is called Enlighten Concealer

hth's:hug:

Hey hun :green:

Lilac colour corrector is not warm enough to eliminate dark circles, it will (in my experience) go ashen when applied over blue toned areas (like the undereye) much like pink does.

Have a read of this thread....

http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/54693-under-eye-makeup.html

Peach colour corrector is the way to go

ahhh, okay. I have the yellow concealer and the violet( lilac)concealer and noticed that the lilac was too cool looking and the yellow worked better (a bit warmer)
I didn't realize that they have a peach also.
Thank you for the info Amy

Can anyone reccommend a product that does an AMAZING job of covering up very dark circles in the eye area ?

I did a bridal trial today & everything was perfect apart from the dark circles, normally I don't have a problem with concealing this area but although I made a difference I feel there must be something I could of done or used to make it much less noticable.

I use my double wear on mine with my foundation brush. covers them perfect. Then i dust a slightly lighter powder over the top.

Your not really meant to use foundation on the eye area i dont think, but ho hum, it works for me!

I treat colour corrector and concealer as two different things.

I colour correct before foundation, then I conceal after foundation. Sometimes I do use foundation on the undereye area, if the skin and tone is good there and doesn't need much correction or concealment.

Out of interest hun, are you using mineral makeup for your bride's makeup?

Yes I am using mineral make up.

Latest posts

Back