Confirming appointments

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winky

Reaction score
In the last couple of weeks i've had so many last minute cancellations and no-shows. They almost all end up calling in later to book other times. In the meanwhile I've refused new clients because I had no free appointments only to end up sitting at my desk staring at the walls for 2 hours. Not only is this making me angry but i'm loosing a lot of money and potential new clients because of this. I'm thinking of putting up a sign on my desk stating that if appointments are not confirmed 24 hours in advance then they may be cancelled. Of course i'd be calling the clients myself to confirm, but if they don't answer and someone else asks me for the same appointment, then i'll book in the 2nd person.

Do any of you do this? Does it work for you, or have you had problems with this? For example, two clients showing up at once?

In the last couple of weeks i've had so many last minute cancellations and no-shows. They almost all end up calling in later to book other times. In the meanwhile I've not only ended up sitting at my desk staring at the walls for 2 hours but I've refused new clients because I had no free appointments. Not only is this getting me angry but i'm loosing a lot of money and new clients because of this. I'm thinking of putting up a sign on my desk stating that if appointments are not confirmed 24 hours in advance then they may be cancelled. Of course i'd be calling the clients myself to confirm, but if they don't answer and someone else asks me for the same appointment then i'll book in the 2nd person. Do any of you do this? Does it work for you or have you had problems with this? For example, two clients showing up at once?

I always call my clients the day before confirm their appointment and time if i cant speak to them i will text them. Seems like a good idea what you have said, but i would also be worried that 2 peeps would turn up at the same time then i wouldn't have a clue how to handle it, as they would both say they have booked the app.

Sorry, I've been no help what so ever

That's exactly what I'm worried about, that we really stress me out! But I guess that if i have it clearly stated on my desk and if i remind them of this policy when thay book, they probably can't argue too much. Then again when it's "convenient" people do tend to say that their mobile's didn't register any unanswered call! Still confused.....not sure what to do. I don't want to upset people and loose clients but it's not very good business to turn away people only to end up sit at my desk with no work.

I always call them the day before just to "remind" them of their appointment... it seems to work, and they really appreciate it!

Perhaps you could try taking a deposit of 50% for treatments, this should cut out the no shows at the very least :)

we usually text our customer 24 hrs before to confirm their appointments and expect them to ring or text back to confrim, if not, we dont turn up!!! if its areal reg, then we might ring that morning
also if a tech is running late she will text or ring to say so.
if what ever reason a client is not in, we charge an extra five pounds next time for a no show time wasting before re-booking
if a client keeps changing her appointment on a regular basis, then we charge a 50% booking fee, non refundable:cry:

most places even restaurants now aday take a deposit, non refundable.

Latest posts

Back