Confused by clients text, not sure what to do

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllThumbs

Reaction score
ok for clarification there are 4 ppl in this converstation. a.the offending client b.the friend c.the exboyfriend of said friend and d. my brother.

a bit of background: i met friend b about 6 months ago thru a fb friend because she wanted to plan a wedding, and i dabble in wedding planning. I had never had any type of relationship with her previous to the wedding planning. the wedding was called off due to her relationship problems with boyfriend c. i rarely speak to friend b except for the occasional passing on Fb.

the problem: i decided today to go thru my client list and msg ppl who haven't come to see me in a while, trying to drum up business. so i msg client a who had suddenly stopped coming to me in march after i opened my own shop. this has bothered me because for nearly a year her, the two daughters, and the mother were weekly/biweekly clients faithfully. when i moved she promised to come but never did. so when i spoke to her today i text:
me: Hi how is everyone? i haven't talked to you in a while and wanted to check up.
Client: oh we are doing good. Honestly the reason i've not shown up is "friend". I think she's a total b!t*h and i cant stand her, but now that she is broken up with your brother, i'll come back to see you.
me after total shock: she has never dated my brother. he is only 21 (friend is 35) and he lives in a totally different city. lol i dont know where you heard that
Client: well i still hate her. she called me trash and needs to look in the mirror. i'll come see you now.

ok so like wth?? i barely know the friend and i didn't even know the two knew each other. and friend for sure did not date my brother and didn't even know i had a brother. and the friend does not visit my shop for services. on one hand i think i shouldn't say anything and just let it go, but on the other hand i'm wondering what else is being said about me and my family that aren't even involved in the mess that is the friend and her ex.
it really bothers me that such a loyal client was so put off for 5 months over something that was so not true and i had no clue was being said. considering i dont socialize with clients outside of work i really dont know how this happened. i am most upset that it cost me the revenue of 5 clients for the past 5 months. should i dig deeper and find out why the client was so upset with me or let it go and brush it off?

Hey hun

i say brush it off ignorance is bliss sometimes and these situations can turn into a he said she said palava! if a is willing to book with you now well thats some money in your pocket hun. if she tries to bring the whole situation up id side line her with a different conversation. its not worth getting involved in other peoples squabbles i know she has mentioned your brother but has totally got the wrong end of the stick so let them get on with it and welcome your old client back and make up for the lost money.

jmho

love n hugs xxx

I dissuade communicating with clients via text message.

It sounds like a holy crap load of drama, and getting involved in it is a bad idea, even if it "might" have to do with your family. You have to pick and choose your battles. Walk away from this one.

Well me being me I would want to know more :biggrin:... But I would be subtle about it.

When, and if, you see her tell her you've missed her and how a silly misunderstanding has caused you to not see each other for so long. I have a feeling this client will do the rest of the talking after that and you will find out without asking directly, what has gone on.

Im with geeg on this one, I'd have to know more !

Think I'd say something along the lines of how and earth did those wires get crossed, in a really lighthearted way and yes, I think she'll probably go off on one then and tell you the ins and outs!

Too nosey for my own good sometimes.

Latest posts

Back