Consultation form for friends?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nail angel 67

Reaction score
Do you ask friends to fill in an application form or do you make it less formal? I'm doing Gelish on one of my daughter's friend's mums tomorrow. I know her quite well"ish" as the girls have been on a few play dates together and we've had lots of chats. Consultation form or not? I don't want to look like I'm being "too" professional with a friend although the nails will of course be done in as professional a manner as they always are!

Hi, I'm new, so forgive me if you think I'm talking rubbish. I don't think you can be too professional. I would do a proper consultation card as you don't know if an issue may come up that you haven't spoken about. Also, I don't know what can go wrong with nails, but should something out of the ordinary happen then you are covered. She may like the fact that you have taken time with her x

I would do it for several reasons; looking professional is better than looking unprofessional, for insurance purposes and by doing a consultation form you have this ladies mobile number / email address for your mailing list :)

Plus even though you know her quite well she could have a contra-indication which would need to be noted down.

Thanks ladies what you're saying does make sense so yes, I'll definitely take a consultation card along with me.

I do a consultation form for all my friends and the mums from the school who I know, I think it makes you look far more professional.

I went to a salon once to have gel nails done before I decided which system to go for and I sort of knew the lady who owned it, she didnt do a consultation form and I presume this was because she kind of knew me, I came away feeling a little unimpressed to be honest, I have psoriasis and its under my nails and she didnt even mention it, to me it made me feel like she didnt act as a professional.

You need to do one to check her medical history etc and for your insurance.

Sorry, I posted after the others had already replied, I start typing then wander off to do something else!!

Friends or not, the consultation form is very important. As said, it lists any health issues or medication that could mean you cannot carry out the service. It also covers your backside should the client have any reactions or problems. If shes paying, you need to be filling one in x

As I said, I'm new and I haven't started training yet and I know what I'd do but obviously don't know what I'm talking about regarding nails, but it helps when a professional replies plus you've been through it and examples from real people always help x

Sorry completely off topic but MissOwen i am sooo loving your yawny cat lol!! :0) x

Yes I do. They laughed at me at first didn't realize how seriously I was taking things with my table laid, out glasses on and consultation sheet but now they are used to it. Many have never had there details taken when they have got there nails done before as they had been to NNS and didn't think it was an important step in the treatment. It's for my records mainly, if they have any lifting or medical issues I can look over why things are happening. I note down everything.xx

Yes I do. They laughed at me at first didn't realize how seriously I was taking things with my table laid, out glasses on and consultation sheet but now they are used to it. Many have never had there details taken when they have got there nails done before as they had been to NNS and didn't think it was an important step in the treatment. It's for my records mainly, if they have any lifting or medical issues I can look over why things are happening. I note down everything.xx

That's the sort of thing I was worried about, them thinking I was going a bit overboard with the consultation sheet but I'll definitely do it for everyone now unless they are family and very close friends who get it for free!

Sorry completely off topic but MissOwen i am sooo loving your yawny cat lol!! :0) x

Thank you :biggrin: i think she needs a name but havent thought of one yet :D

That's the sort of thing I was worried about, them thinking I was going a bit overboard with the consultation sheet but I'll definitely do it for everyone now unless they are family and very close friends who get it for free!

You can always roll your eyes and blame your silly insurance company to make it seem less formal if you're worried. But i'm sure it wont be an issue. You really need to try and keep professional even if its someone you know, as they are paying for your quality work. Good luck and be confident :D xx

Each and every client. No exceptions.

I do consultation forms for everyone family an friends include. Itd also a record for what people have an when they last had it, you'll be surprised the amount of times you look back at you for treatment note etc

I had a Shellac treatment at someone's home salon a few weeks ago, and the tech didn't even ask about my health or any allergies, let alone fill in a consultation form. She wasn't a friend or anything - I'd come across her via Yell.com.

The most shocking aspect of this story for me is that this lady was actually a CND Master Technician!!! :eek:

Latest posts

Back