Contact lense wearers & spray tanning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandydee

Reaction score
Hi all, I have searched on here first before posting but can't find the answer :confused:. What is the best advice to give contact lense & spectacle wearers before carrying out a spray tan treatment? I did ask re lense wearers when I trained a while ago & they advised to keep the lenses in & to close eyes. Trouble is the mist is so fine I feel there is still a reside that still manages to stick onto the lenses. x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I ask about lenses and say they can remove or leave in - closing eyes as much as piss during treatment- mist do anyway!
I wear lenses too and have never had a problem and I have to keep my eyes open during spraying and it is in the air lol x

What about putting glasses back on after a spray. Surely thats going to rub off? Have never encountered it....yet!

Hi all, I have searched on here first before posting but can't find the answer :confused:. What is the best advice to give contact lense & spectacle wearers before carrying out a spray tan treatment? I did ask re lense wearers when I trained a while ago & they advised to keep the lenses in & to close eyes. Trouble is the mist is so fine I feel there is still a reside that still manages to stick onto the lenses. x

certainly spectacle wearers should remove there glasses prior to an application :lol::lol: and post application, whilst there is the possibility of rub this generally speaking isn't a problem whatsoever

If there is adequate extraction in the room and that the therapist is competent and that the customer simply closes her eyes when the face area is done then there should be no problem whatsoever with those that wear contact lenses

There will of course be a small amount of solution that gets into the eye however when the customer blinks this will simple be removed by the action of the blink itself.
If excess solution is apparent it is advisable to get the customer to remove the lenses and wash the eye with cool water

HTH and blink on :hug:

Well if you dry them after the spray with your hose there shouldn't be a problem.

Many thanks for your replies. Always nice to check with my fellow geeks.:D

Latest posts

Back