Couch Set Up - Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Urban Geek

Mobile Nail technician
Reaction score
How do you all set up your couches for waxing?

Do you have a normal terry couch cover, perhaps a protective sheeting and then couch roll?

I was thinking of having just couch roll and cleaning the bed surface between clients. I also thought about perhaps having a PVC protective cover (not the disposable type) and using couch roll over that and cleaning between clients.

What do all you experts think is the most professional set up?

Well Chris, you have seen the Whole Ball of Wax haven't you?

Laundry is not gratifying! So I think your idea of couch roll straight on the couch is a good one.

That's what my electrologist does, and if you think about it, it's very hygienic, as there is no fabric to harbour germs.

x

I use couch roll over the couch, then clean the couch with anti-bacterial. I dont have plastic cover yet though i am going to buy one.

I would agree that towels are not the most hygienic and a lot of work to wash/dry inbetween and we always use the couchroll so you can simply bin it and if wax should drip "past" the couch roll you can simply wipe it off with wax remover or Jasmine oil without ruining any towels or terry cover.
hth :hug:

Excellent! Thanks everyone xxx:hug:

I never use towels. I have my couch with a fitted plastic cover (just to protect the bed from tears etc). I have couch roll and spray the plastic cover with anti-bacterial spray, between each client. It takes seconds. xxx

kim, can i ask where you purchased your fitted plastic cover/s from?

xx

kim, can i ask where you purchased your fitted plastic cover/s from?

xx
I would like to know this to I really struggle to fine ones to fit my couch I have an electric one and all the covers I get are normally far to small:irked:

I bought them from Capital, but when I recently bought a couple more, they were different. They were smaller and fitted tight on the couch. However, I like to way that they don't slip about. Think they were about £12. xx

I had my pvc couch cover made to fit the bed, it has string so I can tighten it when doing a treatment (wriggley those clients:lol:), then couch roll over the top.

I never use towels. I have my couch with a fitted plastic cover (just to protect the bed from tears etc). I have couch roll and spray the plastic cover with anti-bacterial spray, between each client. It takes seconds. xxx

I think thats great and it saves a lot of time and money washing towels - Thanks :hug:

i've got a plastic couch cover i got from Beauty Express. Only thing was the picture showed it to be clear so i thought i'd have my plynth cover underneath and you'd still see the colour of that as it matches my theme. But the cover arrived and it was with so you cant see through it.

I know myself when i've been waxed i've prefered the places that have the plastic cover. I always feel when the bed roll is being used there is always a few spots of wax still on my legs and the roll gets stuck on to it

Thanks again everyone! I will be going for the protective covering and couch roll and cleaning the covering in between clients.

Thanks! xxx:hug:

Latest posts

Back