Could mobile/freelance work without own transport?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Louise10185

Reaction score
Hello lovely geeks,
im new to this site, been reading threads for a while and finally decided to come and join in.:)

I am qualified in manicures, pedicures and acrylic (using NSI at the moment). I have a job which involves shifts and am looking into doing private work (nails) around this. Problem is i dont drive, but live in a big city where buses are very regular and alot of the city is walkable. I also couldnot work from home as i just rent a room in a shared house.

Do you think it can be done, using public transport/walking and taxi if necessary (obviously only of costs were covered)

Your thoughts would be appreciated. Many Thanks
x

Hi,

I tried this myself when i first started doing Spray Tanning, i dont drive so when i had a booking i had to get my sister to take me. But it never worked out too well so i decided to then go home based which works out great.x

i would say it depends on how far you can travel with all your equipment

e.g. is it practical to be dragging a large beauty case on and off buses, trains etc?

How about joining up with another therapist for joint bookings or pamper parties? You could share the cost of petrol etc

To be honest it's hard enough with a car! I've been mobile for 3yrs this April and it really does take its toll if you're busy!

To be honest it's hard enough with a car! I've been mobile for 3yrs this April and it really does take its toll if you're busy!

Totally agree with you Weezie xxx

Latest posts

Back