Could you live without wearing makeup?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some days i do but I'm too lazy to apply make up every day ....sometimes I do a quick spray of tan on my face and then just a lick of mascara.
I've very thin lips so Lippy looks stupid on me so I never use it.

All I'm gonna say ladies everybody is beautiful and people are different . It's not what's on the outside it's the inside that counts.
Also if people don't like their skin and can't go anywhere without it.
Just think yourself lucky you are able to.

Have hands.
Be able to hear.
You can see.
You can talk.
Be able to walk.
And if your in good health that's great!

If you can't live without makeup I would have those above any day than makeup.

Sorry if I sound old fashioned.
I feel like I'm ugly betty lol

I don't wear any make up, I don't need to.
I'm 42½ and my skin is OK, I've never suffered with spots, not even as a teen.

So yes I could do a year... Easily ;)

Yes I could live without makeup. Admittedly, I look better with it on my wrinkly old mush but I really can't be bothered with the faff in the morning. When I make a special effort and apply all the eyeshadow and stuff I look like a man in drag.

I don't wear makeup when I'm with certain people or at home. If I need to go to school which is in the city I have to wear makeup otherwise I look like a zombie.
I have pale skin with dark circles, they're always there even if I'm not tired.
I either way a full face or none at all.
I don't wear it because I don't like the way I look I guess I'm a little more self conscious now as I've been breaking out on my chin non stop for the past year and it's leaving scarring on pale white skin :( yuck!

Makeup is like a hobby to me, I studied make up artistry but i don't enjoy putting it on other people so I have those skills so I just use it on my face.
It's like my pride and joy :)

My usual makeup routine is a lot.

I wear eyebrow powder to fill my brows in, foundation, bronzed, face powder, highlighter and winged out eyeliner with heaps of mascara.
I usually wear a matte nude lipstick as well.
I do wear a lot when I wear it but I usually only have it on 3 days a week, unless I'm working or something.

All I'm gonna say ladies everybody is beautiful and people are different . It's not what's on the outside it's the inside that counts.

Have hands.
Be able to hear.
You can see.
You can talk.
Be able to walk.

Hehe Stewie you sound like my mother ;)
But you're right!
People that only look at the outside are shallow f**** that need a reality check.
Oh don't worry I have a lot of those people in my life. ✋

I think they are called 'plastics' Elaine..

Stewie.. isn't it the same if a man doesn't shave ? If men don't shave, it's letting themselves go. But if they grow a beard and shape/sculpt it, or whatever it's called and it suits them, then that's fine in my book.

I could easily manage to go makeup free for a year . I rarely wear makeup , I only wear it if I have a night out / special occasion ......and I've had none if these for over 12 months :irked:
Even when I was working in a beauty based job I never wore it , it certainly didn't put clients off . One passed comment that she liked coming to me as I didn't sit with a tight bun on my head with a face full of various colours looking like a painted dolly , so she felt comfy enough to come to me makeup free .
I care not for what people think of me , if someone judges me on my lack of makeup balls to them says more about them than it does me .

I don't think any woman could do it for a year. I don't wear make up every day I only use it if I'm going to a meal or a night out etc.
If I commited to saying I wouldn't wear it for a year my social life wouldngondown the drain

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Have hands.
Be able to hear.
You can see.
You can talk.
Be able to walk.

lol well of course, so would we all.

If the thread was entitled "would you rather go without make up or not be able to walk/talk/hear etc", you would have got some very different answers. xx

No I don't think I could. I'm so pale that whenever I don't wear any, everyone always asks if I'm ill!

If I know I'm not leaving the house I tend not to bother, but if not then nice always got my face on. X

I only wear makeup for nights out, even then it's a little bit of foundation and a coat of mascara. My husband prefers me without makeup, and so do my kids...

Yeah I could live without makeup for a year xx

I think they are called 'plastics' Elaine..

Stewie.. isn't it the same if a man doesn't shave ? If men don't shave, it's letting themselves go. But if they grow a beard and shape/sculpt it, or whatever it's called and it suits them, then that's fine in my book.

Some men need to shave. I shave everyday I can't stop facial hair from growing. Makeup is what people put on to cover themselves.

Some men need to shave. I shave everyday I can't stop facial hair from growing. Makeup is what people put on to cover themselves.

Beards are really in trend at the mo. I couldn't have a beard I don't like them and don't suit me anyway.

Have hands.
Be able to hear.
You can see.
You can talk.
Be able to walk.

I've had 6 strokes, walk with a limp, can't use my left hand properly, have slightly slurred speech if tired and use a white stick as I lost 50% vision. Im incredibly healthy now as this had made me realise what's important in life and im incredibly grateful im as well as I am and having a fab recovery. But I still love my make up and playing with my look. I need to draw attention away from that white stick by looking fab always. People feel sorry enough for me as it is without looking rubbish, tired and ill on top.

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

We could all go around without clothes, or all have standard issue grey uniforms. We don't because we enjoy individuality. For some people this means make-up, too.

If I didn't look after my skin it would still do its job, but would be dull, congested and wrinkled.
If I didn't get my hair done it would be grey, dry and straggly.

Make-up is the fun bit. When I'm 90 and my eyesight is poor I'll be the old dear with bright lipstick smeared across my mouth, and blobs of mascara caked on my sparse lashes.......but I'll still think I look better!

Make-up is the fun bit. When I'm 90 and my eyesight is poor I'll be the old dear with bright lipstick smeared across my mouth, and blobs of mascara caked on my sparse lashes.......but I'll still think I look better!

Me too!

I don't really care if people see me without makeup but I wear it most days because i love putting it on. I love playing with different looks and trying new products.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Beards are really in trend at the mo. I couldn't have a beard I don't like them and don't suit me anyway.

I am rocking that hipster beared look myself

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

We could all go around without clothes, or all have standard issue grey uniforms. We don't because we enjoy individuality. For some people this means make-up, too.

If I didn't look after my skin it would still do its job, but would be dull, congested and wrinkled.
If I didn't get my hair done it would be grey, dry and straggly.

My gran wore make up until the day she died. She was so elegant and glamorous. I will be just like here . Maybe a bit less elegant. I stomp about like an elephant lol

Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back