Course Changes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marykate4400

Reaction score
Hi,

Went for my 1st day of my Level 2 Nail Services NVQ Diploma....only to b told that they r now changing it to a CERTIFICATE!!! :evil: Same stuff, shorter time is what they said....will this affect my chances of going on to do Beauty and ultimately get a job???? :Scared:

So upset. Gotta wait til Monday when I will call the Head of Dept and ask them WTF is going on....I signed up for a Diploma not a certificate....:Look_left

Please advise! I'm pulling out my hair!!!!!

sorry to hear that, that must be mega frustrating (understatement!)

best thing to do is compare what you WILL be learning to what you would have been learning on the originally planned course...it could be the same course under a different name, it may have more units, it may have less.

I think as long as you learn mani, pedi and either acrylic or gel you should be on the right road to get where you want with it.

Hope it works out ok for you!

Okay, thanks Laura Kate - I will. She said it was an accelerated course now....frustrating I know, but what can we do?:Scared:

Your advice has reassured me tho. I will defo check see if we still do learn everything...if we do then its great, if not I'm sure they will tell us what we still need and point us in the right direction - I'll be the 1st to sign up for them if that turns out to be the case!

Thanks!

where and who were you doing the course through MK?
personally i would have a check through other places and see if thier certificate course is cheaper than their NVQ courses too along with making sure you are getting the same aspects of the NVQ2, if the certificate course is less being as it is shorter etc then make sure you get a refund.
i like you would be very peeved at a change this late in the day - it happened with my daughter a week into her Uni course, they changed it into the same as she'd just spent the previous 3yrs doing at college - she didnt get any refund tho for that first term :(

fingers crossed you get it sorted

Hi, I started my first ever manicure & pedicure course ever 3 weeks ago and it's changed name to nail finishes, we now don't deal with pedicure, our kits only just arrived and are missing half the equipment.

Frustrated doesn't describe it! Hope you get stuff sorted.

Try to chill :)

They have changed the NVQ'S everywhere, some are called awards, some are called diplomas, still the same course but lots of changes to it regarding structures, has happened all over the uk, so you will still be doing what was called an NVQ, just different name.:confused:

Thanks peeps - will find out when next there on Saturday wth is going on....
Grrrr...x

They have changed the NVQ'S everywhere, some are called awards, some are called diplomas, still the same course but lots of changes to it regarding structures, has happened all over the uk, so you will still be doing what was called an NVQ, just different name.:confused:

Oh right - thought it was just our course?! Well that explains it then! They could have told us!

Latest posts

Back