Cover powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

showson

Reaction score
Hi Geeks

I am just getting into using the cover powders but i am having a few probs with them, my first one is when i go to use a smaill bead and want to blend it back towards zone 3 i find that i cannont blend very well and end up with a very visable line then if i try to use them a little wetter i find that is does not hide the imprefections under neath ( i am using the nfu oh cover pink) my other prob i am having is that if i use the cover pink on all of the nail i get sever lifting and dont know why, i dont get any lifting or very little lifting when using clear powders only when using cover pinks/pinks,

any advice on what you think that i am doing wrong or any tips on what i can do to solve this ;) thank you

If you are getting lifting with the cover pinks then do a very thin layer of clear before applying the cover pink. I am not sure why you are getting the other problem as I can't quite picture what you mean. All I can think of is that you are trying to spread it too far? Like I said I cannot picture what you mean. I use the Nfu cover powders without any problems so would like to help if you can explain some other way? :D

Hi Geeks

I am just getting into using the cover powders but i am having a few probs with them, my first one is when i go to use a smaill bead and want to blend it back towards zone 3 i find that i cannont blend very well and end up with a very visable line then if i try to use them a little wetter i find that is does not hide the imprefections under neath ( i am using the nfu oh cover pink) my other prob i am having is that if i use the cover pink on all of the nail i get sever lifting and dont know why, i dont get any lifting or very little lifting when using clear powders only when using cover pinks/pinks,

any advice on what you think that i am doing wrong or any tips on what i can do to solve this ;) thank you

when i work with this colour i use it quite dry and thinly too. keeping it dry will keep the colour concentrated and allow you to use it in a thin layer and build the stucture with clear or pink.
i use one bead to cover the area and thin it right out at the edge so that it feathers away to nothing at the begining of zone 3 .i then like to continue the nail with a blend i make myself of 1 part cover pink to 3 parts regular pink. this gives a very universal colour with just a bit more colour than the pink on its own which is almost clear.

as to your lifting with pinks, thats more of a mystery. i never experience a problem with it. i think it may be something to do with the mix ratio you are using with the pink. try doing it in a thin layer as i describe and build the rest in clear to see if that solves the problem.

I'm interested to now why all the faffing about with different powders to make a coverage powder work?

Why do you need to lay down clear first before coverage or start with coverage and then build with clear? It must take forever. why can't you just use the coverage powders to do what they do in the same way you would with any other type of powder?

when i work with this colour i use it quite dry and thinly too. keeping it dry will keep the colour concentrated and allow you to use it in a thin layer and build the stucture with clear or pink.
i use one bead to cover the area and thin it right out at the edge so that it feathers away to nothing at the begining of zone 3 .i then like to continue the nail with a blend i make myself of 1 part cover pink to 3 parts regular pink. this gives a very universal colour with just a bit more colour than the pink on its own which is almost clear.

as to your lifting with pinks, thats more of a mystery. i never experience a problem with it. i think it may be something to do with the mix ratio you are using with the pink. try doing it in a thin layer as i describe and build the rest in clear to see if that solves the problem.

i too use a dryer bead of cover pink only where i need coverage, blend back towards the cuticle and use my translucent pink for the structure, i find this gives me excellent coverage, but i dont then have a pink cuticle line growing out...if you were to use cover pink all the way to the cuticle, you would need to have a bank of pink blends to match every clients nail bed, and i find my cover pink does the trick for all nail beds, as there is i blend it into the nail bed...i might also use angels trick of a translucent/ cover pink mix if i needed it.

Lifting, if you are using the powder TOO dry you may not make a proper bond with the nail plate, having to apply a clear layer first would annoy me, you shouldnt need it, are you following the correct prep for the liquid and powder you are using?

HTH

Latest posts

Back