Coverage powders. Which range?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettierae

Reaction score
While it is quiet on here, I thought I would post my thread, on something that i've been thinking about for ages.

I use ezflow, but I just cant get the hang of custom blending. I think I could convert at least 50% of my clients to a more natural custom blended pink and white.

Apart from the obvious cnd powders.... Can anyone give me any ideas on a range that will give me good opaque coverage powders, and crystal clear clears, good whites etc. I love my ezflow, but their cover pink is just not right. I dont use it for anything.

I have been seriously thinking about getting avolve, as the new masquerade pink and masquerade peach are unbeleivably natural, and very opaque. Just what I want! but it is only available in australia. I dont mind the shipping times, but I would prefer a uk based brand just in case. I use a lot of liquid and powder, and dont want to have to get from abroad all the time.

So...... Any opinions geeks? I want the whole lot though..... I'm not one to buy little bits, I want a range I can throw myself completely into.

I look forward to hearing from you all x x

Have you tried NFU.oh? I love their coverage pink and they also do the cover powder kit with a range of colours to suit different skin tones. I use their pink and whites and have found them lovely to use. You can order a trial kit from Perfect Acrylic Sample Kit at Affiniti and it now comes with a sample of the cover pink. xx

I have only ever used CND myself but have had EzFlow on my nails. The EzFlow coverage pink is a bit too peach to be natural isn't it? Have you tried mixing in a sheer pink or one of the design coloured powders to make it more natural? It seems a shame to change systems when you could probably mix your own powders.

Just wondering also...why not Creative?

I second the NfuOh coverage pinks. They have soo many already blended options for you to choose from, with or without shimmer. Plus, of course, a full (okay a billion) range of colored acrylics plus the sheer pink, whites, and naturals. You are bound to find a coverage color, or several that you like from the options they have. Plus the UK reps seem so on top of everything, no need to order out abroad.

Only other option I can think of is Entity's Nudite powders. They are very gorgeous, and very easy to work with.

I have CND's, but I much prefer the other options I've listed..

I have only ever used CND myself but have had EzFlow on my nails. The EzFlow coverage pink is a bit too peach to be natural isn't it? Have you tried mixing in a sheer pink or one of the design coloured powders to make it more natural? It seems a shame to change systems when you could probably mix your own powders.

Just wondering also...why not Creative?

I have always used creative custom blends and they have always satisfied my needs of my clients, can u ask for a trial set from a few places and have a play around?

I use the Nfu oh foundation colours and they are excellent, plain and glitter in so many shades you can match any skintone without mixing. Go on well and file really easily. Great range if you want everything in one place! ;)

Me to for NFU.OH :)

I have always used creative custom blends and they have always satisfied my needs of my clients, can u ask for a trial set from a few places and have a play around?

I think you can yes but to then order more you would need to do a conversion with some. As I said before I have only ever used Creative so don't really know. But the tech who does my nails changed from Creative to EzFlow so I have had both products on my nails.

Apart from cnd, nfu-oh and entity, another coverage powder that's very good is from the kinetics range. :D

I have been seriously thinking about getting avolve, as the new masquerade pink and masquerade peach are unbeleivably natural, and very opaque. Just what I want! but it is only available in australia.

You can get the powders sent quite quickly by air, contact GNB Salon Supplies - Online

Avolve products are all over the world at the moment, they even have some techs patient enough to wait for shipping of the liquid by sea.

Is there any plans to bring avolve to the uk at all? I would love to try it when I saw the videos you do on youtube!xxx

I'm (almost) one of them.... I am patient, but I wanted to make doubly sure there wasn't something I hadnt looked at!

I think i'm going to go Avolve, as its a good all rounder.

If I get into Nfuoh I can see it costing me millions, cos I'll want them all!

Thanks for all your helpful replies x x
You can get the powders sent quite quickly by air, contact GNB Salon Supplies - Online

Avolve products are all over the world at the moment, they even have some techs patient enough to wait for shipping of the liquid by sea.

Latest posts

Back