Crazy Colour lavender turning my hair blue!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dolled up

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)
I've attached 2 photos- one before and one after using CC lavender. For some reason, some parts of my hair have turned blue! Can any of you shed some light as to why this has happened? I noticed a small bit after I coloured it but it's getting worse as it fades ): one part now goes blue,pink,blue :/ ive struggled to find a non blue based lilac and had to settle for a pink based one instead but I don't see how pink based purple can send my hair blue!

thanks in advance :) xx

Photos

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362864627.333462.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362864627.333462.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1,940
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362864648.377375.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1362864648.377375.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 6,639
Well probably because pink and blue are needed to make that colour....... I would say that the blue is grabbing on the most porous or damaged hair. Ash tones will grab and warm tones will wash away .... Hope that helps ;)

I remember doing the lavender in my hair also and finding it very blue (my hair was bleached and pretty damaged aqt that point!) I'v always found the lavender quite blue though, i thought lavender was a blue based purple though? x

maybe try a product to even out the porosity before you do it again? i tried the candyfloss pink on my bleached hair, it came out an interesting mix of pink and peach tones but i used some Velvet Amplifier on my hair then dried it and then reapplied the candyfloss, the result was lovely and even xxx

Did abit of research first and found that CC lilac is blue based and lavender is pink based. Yeah my hair is pretty damaged tbh. I'm going to try and fade it with Tigi recharge and re apply after using a porosity equaliser :) thank you x

Tbh im not always keen on these pastel crazy colours. I think youd do much better to get a stronger colour and dilute it with conditioner, the results are more predictable and theres less chance of it grabbing in the more porous areas as the added conditioner fills those bits in. Ive made a nice lilac/lavender colour by diluting directions colours to pastel. The pink fading to blue is intentional :)
403791_10150523173015845_882139073_n.jpg

I use directions on my hair and they do a lavender in directions it's really nice.

Tbh im not always keen on these pastel crazy colours. I think youd do much better to get a stronger colour and dilute it with conditioner, the results are more predictable and theres less chance of it grabbing in the more porous areas as the added conditioner fills those bits in. Ive made a nice lilac/lavender colour by diluting directions colours to pastel. The pink fading to blue is intentional :)
403791_10150523173015845_882139073_n.jpg
Beautiful! I tried diluting violette (didnt do my research first) and it was too blue! I did a thread a couple of weeks ago about directions - i used their lilac pot and it turned my hair greeny/bluey. I dont have much luck with colour tbh, ive got quite resistant hair and nothing goes right for me ): x

I think i used either directions turquoise or midnight blue, flamingo pink and plum all diluted with conditioner. Its all mostly trial and error but tbh i dont rate crazy colour at all now theyve reformulated. If you get a pink based purple like plum and use it as a pastel colour, theres no chance that youd get random blue patches. Just knowing your colour wheel is all, I dont tend to use blue based purples for that reason- they go grey and manky and are a pain to get out x

I was using a mixture of pinkismo and candyfloss on my hair and loved it but fancied a change to purple because it seems everyone was going pink and bingo, Blue patches, i was mortified! i went from a subtle hazey pink to well, now im a mixture of blue purple and pink lmfao,
its Different lol and i know the fade is going to be a nightmare lol!
things we do hey girls lol

ill add a pic

I used there bubblegum blue or my white/silver hair. it's gone spearmint green and nothing will remove it! washed it in puryfying shampoo, bleached it, tinted over it and it just won't budge! I'm so dissapointed and upset with there pastel range all I've seen is problem after problem with them!

Well mine is currently dusky pink, baby pink with a few bits of mint green ): not happy x

Changed my mind now it's curled I love it aha!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363277574.009209.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1363277574.009209.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 15,432
Changed my mind now it's curled I love it aha!

I love it. It's very wella fusion inspired (pastel colours) with a twist of decibel about it (clashing colours but tastefully done)

Aha Yes you did (; just took me a little longer to like it :) xx

Not washed mine yet....everyone thinks I've coloured it! I'm not telling them any diff, if I want a flat fringe will they sit smooth? X

Not washed mine yet....everyone thinks I've coloured it! I'm not telling them any diff, if I want a flat fringe will they sit smooth? X

:D yeah they will :) might take a day or 2 for them to settle tho xx

Latest posts

Back