Creative Crafts Level 1 in Acrylic Nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloomingnails

Reaction score
Hi All
Long time no Geek!
On to my question I have seen the following course advertised with Northumberland Adult Learning Service. 20 week course and gives you 'Creative Crafts Level 1 in Acrylic Nails & Manicures' Is this a genuine professional (for example similar to a NVQ / City & Guilds) qualification or one that's not worth the bit of paper its written on, Just curious? Anyone heard of this?

Bump, anyone?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Hi all. Has anyone got any thoughts on this? I've just spoken to the college and tutor told me it is a national recognised qualification although not as high as a NVQ?! I feel it would be beneficial to have a national recognised qualification and their is no one round here that does the NVQ. Or do I stick with CND qualifications?

I'd stick with CND .. you will go much further and CND is recognised everywhere. Plus CND wil take you much further than a minimum qualification and all the way to Master Status if youstick with it. :hug:

For what it is worth, I can tell you categorically that if two peeps came to me for a job and one only had an NVQ and the other CND education ... I would take the one with the CND education EVERY time. No question. I am not alone in feeling this way.

Have you rang City and Guilds to see if they can help you with a course?:hug:

Hi all. Has anyone got any thoughts on this? I've just spoken to the college and tutor told me it is a national recognised qualification although not as high as a NVQ?! I feel it would be beneficial to have a national recognised qualification and their is no one round here that does the NVQ. Or do I stick with CND qualifications?

I'm an NVQ assessor (although not in nails) and NVQ's no longer exist (as of August this year) Anyone wanting to get an NVQ now has to complete an Apprenticeship in their chosen subject, which will include keyskills, technical certificate and NVQ. I know this doesn't answer your question as such, but thought I'd let you know! :confused:

Just to add further to what Geeg has posted if you opt to do the new CND complete not only will you learn everything that we teach here at CND in the UK but you will also gain a government recognised qualification through ITEC which is recognised alongside your CND qualification worldwide. So you get an ITEC qualification and a full CND qualification spread over 16 days.
Well worth the money. Plus you recieve all your kits tools and products.
Cant get better than that.
Our new education launched here in the uk over the weekend at Olympia.
Jen xx

Just to add further to what Geeg has posted if you opt to do the new CND complete not only will you learn everything that we teach here at CND in the UK but you will also gain a government recognised qualification through ITEC which is recognised alongside your CND qualification worldwide. So you get an ITEC qualification and a full CND qualification spread over 16 days.
Well worth the money. Plus you recieve all your kits tools and products.
Cant get better than that.
Our new education launched here in the uk over the weekend at Olympia.
Jen xx

Oh interesting. So will previous CND courses count towards ITEC, that sounds better than the NVQ! I had pretty much made my mind up not to do it and carry on with my CND training. The only thing that I worry about is that when i did my L&P Foundation it was a 12 day course, 2 days a week for 6 weeks. It was taken through Glasgow back in 2005. Current courses aren't like this anymore. It feels like my CND courses don't reflect that of current training and courses, if you see what I mean?! It would be nice if you could have hours studied or something like that? Same with my pre-masters? Sorry gone slightly off topic. Thanks ladies for your advise! Lilian x

I'm an NVQ assessor (although not in nails) and NVQ's no longer exist (as of August this year) Anyone wanting to get an NVQ now has to complete an Apprenticeship in their chosen subject, which will include keyskills, technical certificate and NVQ. I know this doesn't answer your question as such, but thought I'd let you know! :confused:

Hi, I was doing a research on how to become an assessor in nails and beauty and I came across your answer on this thread. Could you please tell me the best way to go about this?
Many thanks Ola

Hi, I was doing a research on how to become an assessor in nails and beauty and I came across your answer on this thread. Could you please tell me the best way to go about this?
Many thanks Ola
There are lots of training establishments that offer teaching qualifications which include various assessors awards. I took them all once and it was the most boring thing I ever did ... absolutely mind numingly boring. I got all my assessors awards and was taught how to tick boxes and ask questions ?? Well I already knew how to ask questions and how to put a tick in a box as well! The whole thing numbed my brain for weeks. Still you've got to do it if you want to use it to teach in colleges etc.

Latest posts

Back