Creative Gel Bond - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hsmith

Reaction score
Hi All

I love Creative Gel Bond and have used it for years but have always got to half a tube and the nib gets blocked, broken unuseable - i have tried everything to keep the nib clean but wondered if any of you Gel Bond lovers have any tips - why dont they sell extra nibs so we can change halfway through .

Any helps would be greatly appreciated as i do hate to throw gel bond tubes away that still have some goo in them.

heidi

i store mine upside down nib pointing down and they seem to keep workin???? hope that helps

I have been using gelbond for a few months (only started using tips a year ago) went to use mine the other day and could not get the lid of completely stuck had to bin it! there was a thread a while ago about resins and was advised to stick a pin in it and store it nozzle up, I will try thiis with my new gelbond and see what happens lol xx

I love gelbond as an adhesive, perfect setting time, plus a load of other fab factors.. and IMO there is nothing better for attaching rhinestones to the nail and having them not move for 2/3 weeks at all.

But I have to admit, it attacks me everytime I open it lol...
The fear on my face as I unscrew that lid must be hilarious to anyone looking :D

It either attacks me instantly, or yup its blocked I unblock carefully..and then it attacks me :eek:

There must be a technique to opening it in the first place...and I didn't follow it lol.

I would like to know how to use the tube correctly as I spend a lot of time unblocking or I waste a lot when it squirts out,
I ended up just letting it squirt out onto the back of a tip, then applied it using a dental tool thing I have lol, :eek:

I must be a messy adhesiver I think though, because I get all my nozzles blocked or lids stuck on every adhesive I have ever owned, I have never got to the end of one...
(must work cleaner...must work cleaner.....)

I always had issues in the past with adhesives and the lid sticking on etc but since I have been using gelbond I have never had a problem. I just clean the nib and replace the lid and it never sticks (touch wood).

I put a long pin the the hole and that keeps it completely clear......

Latest posts

Back