Creative Gel Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronzewolf

Reaction score
Hi, I have been toying with the idea of doing gel nails.... I phoned creative the other day and they told me that i had to do a 5 day acrylic foundation course then on the 6th day i can do Brisa which will cost me £xxx

Could someone please explain to me why its necessary for me to do acrylic first im not interested in acrylic so why purchase the kit learn the art when i want to do gel?

Last edited by a moderator:
Because L&P is the most popular form of enhancement this is what they base their foundation course on. HTH

Why not give Ezflow a ring. Sorry i don't know there phone number of by heart. But if you look on there web site it will give you a number for you to contact them regarding education.

Ezflow are a very good professional company, on the same par as Creative.

The girls there are very helpfull and will put you in touch with the Tutor/Distributor for your area.:)

Good Luck on finding the right course for you!!!

Tallony

You also learn all the theory in the first five days, learn the prep and all about the products.

yes perhaps i should go with an independant company like calgel or ezflow... pity cause creative are only half an hour away from me, that is the problem im far away from anything.... is ezflow a soak off or buff off?

NSI are a great company , all i use now for over 10 years , have done acrylic & gel courses with them Telephone: 0800 731 4488 speak to liz they also do gel toes course , you can do a four day course for arround £xxx inc kit x

Do you not have any enhancement experience or qualifications? If not, I agree it is a long winded way around things, but the amount of base theory that you need will only be covered in a foundation course (which is focused on L&P). If you are qualified in enhancements, then you certainly will not need additional foundational information and a conversion will be far better suited for you.

We did look into offering specific Brisa foundation courses, however the majority of people wanted to gain their foundation in L&P first :)

As far as other products or companies being the same or 'on par'.... Personal opinion is one thing, but I could clearly point out countless factual points of differences that show how different CND is from any other company. Remember that every company is different and unique, some just a lot more than others :)

sorry to butt in but i would like to do gel nails too, bio is £xxx has anyone done that course?, if i decide to do this course or say creative whats the difference, could we train with one but use another gel product?, are they generally the same? Or maybe do the essential nail course at home then decide to use biogel, sorry I probably sound stupid, but from what i can gage is it correct that whoever we train with we then have to use their product?

sorry to butt in but i would like to do gel nails too, bio is £xxx has anyone done that course?, if i decide to do this course or say creative whats the difference, could we train with one but use another gel product?, are they generally the same? Or maybe do the essential nail course at home then decide to use biogel, sorry I probably sound stupid, but from what i can gage is it correct that whoever we train with we then have to use their product?

Biosculpture and Brisa are completely different products - Bio soaks off, Brisa buffs off. Both companies insist you do their training before you can buy their products....... You're probably best off speaking to both companies before making your decision.

I can't see from your profile but if you have done Foundation (L&P) training you will be able to do a conversion course, if you're new to nails you will need to do a Foundation.......

hth's

If you're adding a new service to your menu, from personal experience, I don't believe that a conversion course on it's own is enough.

If someone has their foundation in say l/p with one company and wish to change to a different l/p with another company then yes, I believe a conversion course will be sufficient as you will gain information about the new product and its chemistry and also application methods, prep routines, prep product, abrasives, finishing etc.

If a person wanted to add a new system I really don't believe a conversion would be enough, as generally the person would be on a course with other experienced gel users, plus the application of gel is completely different to l/p and vice versa so I really don't think the information and hands on in a conversion course would be sufficient for the student to go away being happy in using a new system.

Obviously numbers and experience of people on the course would be a factor but that's going to be the luck of the draw and an unknown quantity.

JMHO

Just to add to the great posts already here, why on earth would you WANT to limit yourself???

I have no preference for either, until I get to my CLIENT. No one client is the same, they all have different needs and chemistry. So why would you want to try and fit every shape into one round hole?

I think you should think about making sure you are a WELL ROUNDED tech, and not putting all your "eggs in one basket."

:)

I think it depends how you look at it, Surely learning everything there is too know plus l&p and Gel is going to make you a fab tech with a better range of skills than if you just do gel on its own.
You will be surprised how many more clients you will get by offering both systems :) and again a positive you will make the money back more quickly.

You seem so definite about not being interested in L&P, just wondered if there is a reason behind that other than perhaps cost?

Interesting thread, and, of course, I agree that in business, especially these days you want to have as many skills as possible and be a well rounded tech.

Also as acrylic (L&P) is the most difficult to learn then it makes sense to do your beginners course in it, also it is still the most popular service for clients out there.
It is a fact more people want to learn acrylic (L&P) than Gel so it makes good business sense to cater for that.

That said, where does that leave the technician who only wants to do gel?
We can only advise that acrylic (L&P) is the most popular etc etc....but there are many geeks on here who now mainly (possibly only) do gel, and are very successful and running good businesses.
Hopefully some of them will post on here saying how they have done this and offer encouragement.

If Bronzewolf only wants to do Gel, then that is up to her and I am sure our gel loving geeks will be supportive in that ;)

Search out companies who do Gel beginners courses, there are a lot out there ,I could rhyme off a few but obviously research needs to be done regarding locations and costs etc before any decision gets made.

Good luck, and I hope you find the right course for you. HTH

Last edited:
Interesting thread, and, of course, I agree that in business, especially these days you want to have as many skills as possible and be a well rounded tech.

Also as acrylic (L&P) is the most difficult to learn then it makes sense to do your beginners course in it, also it is sill the most popular service for clients out there.
It is a fact more people want to learn acrylic (L&P) than Gel so it makes good business sense to cater for that.

That said, where does that leave the technician who only wants to do gel?
We can only advise that acrylic (L&P) is the most popular etc etc....but there are many geeks on here who now mainly (possibly only) do gel, and are very successful and running good businesses.
Hopefully some of them will post on here saying how they have done this and offer encouragement.

If Bronzewolf only wants to do Gel, then that is up to her and I am sure our gel loving geeks will be supportive in that ;)

Search out companies who do Gel beginners courses, there are a lot out there ,I could rhyme off a few but obviously research needs to be done regarding locations and costs etc before any decision gets made.

Good luck, and I hope you find the right course for you. HTH

I agree entirely, I just wondered because there could be many reasons, maybe a bad experience with her own nails with L&P, maybe financial, maybe didn't realise L&P would be a great asset in her future carreer.

Hmm i guess the reasons are;

1. I rent a treatment room at a health club, the room has no ventilation (only a small fan a friend lent me)and no windows. I think the acrylic would really smell the place out. Once i lit some insense and i had members of the club complaining.... most of them are middle/older aged.

2. I thought maybe gel was alot cleaner than acrylic when it comes to filing etc.... i dont want loads of nail dust everywhere, my room is used for holistic treatments as well as beauty ones...

3. I dont work in a great catchment area, its a little town in the middle of nowhere and when people get nails done they go to the city and get them done cheap at these NNs salons, so im worried about investing too much into education and it does not pay off, doing the 5 day foundation course and the Brisa one a day after that would cost me £xxx, thats alot of money

4. I have always had an interest in doing nails and i love the smell of the acrylic nail bars.... just dont know if there is a target for that out here, although i would be the only person doing nails in this town..... there is another town 10 minutes with a beauty salon that does nails....

I think those are about my main worries....

2. I thought maybe gel was alot cleaner than acrylic when it comes to filing etc.... i dont want loads of nail dust everywhere, my room is used for holistic treatments as well as beauty ones...
Gel is recommended for day spas etc due to the lack of smell, it does however still have vapours.
The dust from gel is a lot finer than from L+P so ventilation is essential.

Have you done any enhancement training?
If so then as Sam said a conversion would be ok for you.

I did my foundation course in gel but didn't like the product so converted to Brisa, therefore I only offer gel. In hindsight I really wish I'd done my foundation in L&P as this would enable me to offer a wider service.

Also don't forget you get the kits as part of the cost of the training. HTH

Yes sorry, but forgot to say i have no previous experience/training in enhancments.

Why not try la femme they give you a choice you can do 5 days in either system they run a 5 day L& P and a 5 day Gel with the option to go onto other systems

Latest posts

Back