Creative theory.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jellybean83

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Finally doing the theory test and infills tomorrow... had a month break from 1st 3 days because I was let down with friends looking after kids and then they fell ill .... so finally back on course tomorrow, then in two weeks got last day.

I'm really worried about the theory exam tomorrow as I'm soooo worried I'll fail. Just so crap with theory and remembering things.

Can anyone give me helpful pointers of what is really important to know for exam with Creative thanks!:confused:

Hi, I did my creative theory last week, you pretty much need to know everything!
Hope that helps.
Tracy:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys...

Finally doing the theory test and infills tomorrow... had a month break from 1st 3 days because I was let down with friends looking after kids and then they fell ill .... so finally back on course tomorrow, then in two weeks got last day.

I'm really worried about the theory exam tomorrow as I'm soooo worried I'll fail. Just so crap with theory and remembering things.

Can anyone give me helpful pointers of what is really important to know for exam with Creative thanks!:confused:

Now that would be giving you an unfair advantage over your fellow students would it not??

Along with your class, a great educator and your Creative kit, you also received a student manual which has all the information in it for you to be able to study and learn what you need to know like everyone else. What more could anyone tell you apart from the questions on the assessment??

You must know the information and become an expert if you are going to be working on the public and answering the questions they will be asking you. If you do not know the answers, what credibility will you have as a professional nail technician?

If you are passionate about becoming the best and making money out of nails in the future and are interested in the subject then you will retain the information you need to pass the test. If you fail, then you can take the assessment again at a later date.

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for advice on here! this site could be a great study tool for a nail student, imo:p and why wouldn't you want an advantage over your fellow students? that just shows you're dedicated and you want to be the best you can be!:) but I agree, you should just be prepared with everything, I trained with creative in school and I don't remember one thing that wasn't on the written tests, lol. just study hard and you'll do fine, and like geeg said, if you fail you can just take the test again! no worries:)
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking for advice on here! this site could be a great study tool for a nail student, imo:p and why wouldn't you want an advantage over your fellow students? that just shows you're dedicated and you want to be the best you can be!:) but I agree, you should just be prepared with everything, I trained with creative in school and I don't remember one thing that wasn't on the written tests, lol. just study hard and you'll do fine, and like geeg said, if you fail you can just take the test again! no worries:)
Posted via Mobile Device

The best advantage one can have over their fellow students is a better knowledge and to dedicate time to study hard and learn everything that has been taught.

Of course this site is a great study tool ... it is a teaching site after all. But I think the CND student manual is a better tool for the CND assessment.

When I was studying for my creative test, I had bits of info stuck all over the house, paper with diagrams and info stuck all over the kitchen cupboards, doors, bathroom mirrors etc!! It really helped!!!:green:

I just thought of another good way of checking your understanding of things, read all your books and then explain bits back to someone, partner etc, sometimes having to re itterate information helps us absorb it, and also makes us realise we know stuff simply because we hear ourselves saying it......

Hope that made sense!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got my 4th day of the foundation next week and the only thing occupying me this week (apart from here!) is my CND workbook but I've also got a copy of 'Nail Structure and Product Chemistry' by Douglas D. Schoon and it is brilliant! There's review questions in there covering absolutely everything.

Try and read up as much you can today and the best of luck for tomorrow - I hope it goes well for you but at least you know if it doesn't you can always sit the assessment again, and perhaps be better prepared if it comes to it :hug:

You have the answers to every question in your training manual so just keep reading,
also when i did mine the diagram of the nail structure counted as one module so you had to get every one of those right hth :hug:

I think the best way to learn anything is repetition... like everyone has said, keep reading and reading and then reading it back over andover again. Then look away and see if you can say it to yourself without the aid of your workbook, then check to see if you got it right. I keep doing this until I can do this and get it right.

Lots and lots of luck for your exam, I'm sure you'll do really well :hug:

Latest posts

Back