Credit Card Payment Machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I am goin 2 use cardsave someone is coming out 2 me on friday x

Thats good RD, I spent ages scouring the net when I was trying to decide who to go with and have not regretted using Cardsave.

I would appreciate a pm too please??!! Sorry to jump in, my salon opened today and HSBC wanted £250 set up fee!!!

I am with barclays, they are cheaper than the fsb rates on streamline. Good luck with your choices!

Kimi, are barclays much cheaper? I'm with streamline through the FSB and the charges are killing me! Do u know if it's easy enough to swap over? Xxx

Just to add - I've also just gone with cardsave. Definitely the cheapest and a great service. Just make sure you don't take their first offer on price. I got my deal a lot cheaper after a bit of negotiating!! ;)

I have this very minute just got off the phone to Barclays who told me that they would not be able to beat the rate I get with the FSB/Streamline deal.
If you think you're paying too much you could always ring them to say I'd like a rate review; it's worked for me in the past!

If you're a Streamline customer Cardsave can't take you on, by the way, as Cardsave get their rates from Streamline so it's counted as poaching.

Really? I've just recently changed. I'm sure it's barclays.... ?? Dint even have a statement to hand cos I've put it all to accountant. I'll keep you all posted and sorry if I have misinformed!

was just going to phone card save, just wondered if anyone wanted to refer a friend (me).x

Hi all,

I know this is an old one but I just thought I would say I called card save today thanks to this thread and they were wonderful... Thank you all for posting! A lady is coming to see me on fri... And they've said I can set up there and then. The only thing is they did say there is a £50 start up cost (for the sim card) and monthly rental for the machine and of course the vat. I see a lot of you didn't have a start up cost... Do you think they've changed things or is it different for different terminals?

Many thanks

Gemma x

set up is free with cardsave, they work with streamline, no probs setting up, only took just over a week. I am a new business with no credit history, bank said no!

around £75 a 1/4 I think.

FSB offered cheaper rates if I join (>£100) but lots of other benefits, especially if you employ peeps.

set up is free with cardsave, they work with streamline, no probs setting up, only took just over a week. I am a new business with no credit history, bank said no!

around £75 a 1/4 I think.

FSB offered cheaper rates if I join (>£100) but lots of other benefits, especially if you employ peeps.

Which terminal do you use? They said the mobile terminal has a £50 start up cost because of the sim card. Is that £75 per 1/4 you are paying for a table top one?

yes, i am salon based so i went for the fixed one

I looked into this thoroughly and went with Cardsave. They are fantastic and the best company to go with. Lowest charges, no hidden charges and you don't pay for the terminal unlike RBS with whom I bank , they wanted £150 for the machine!

I have had no problems at all. They even visit you to set it all up.

I found a hidden charge in my contract when I terminated it last year. They charged £143 termination fee even after the minimum contract time.

Whilst I am not looking to take card payments again at the moment I have received a mailshot from barclaycard.

They are offering £1 per month for 3 months on card terminals, no set up or machine cost then after 3 months

static machine £14.95 per month
GRPS terminal £24.95 per month

charges are based on indivudals so I guess you would need to contact them to discuss in greater detail. You just need to quote £1 offer when you ring.. Oh an you need to sign up by 28th Oct I was told although on the paperwork it states 14th October.

I found a hidden charge in my contract when I terminated it last year. They charged £143 termination fee even after the minimum contract time.

Whilst I am not looking to take card payments again at the moment I have received a mailshot from barclaycard.

They are offering £1 per month for 3 months on card terminals, no set up or machine cost then after 3 months

static machine £14.95 per month
GRPS terminal £24.95 per month

charges are based on indivudals so I guess you would need to contact them to discuss in greater detail. You just need to quote £1 offer when you ring.. Oh an you need to sign up by 28th Oct I was told although on the paperwork it states 14th October.

Thank you for this Joe, that's really helpful to know. I will be sure to ask her about termination fees when she visits me on Friday. And also have a look into Barclays by the sounds of it! :D Do you bank with them? And do you use a business account?

Hi Mooey,

I haven't taken the Barclays option yet, still thinking about it but at the moment I am using an old personal account for business purposes. When the original sales guy came to see me he told me there were NO termination charges, he obviously witheld information from me, so make sure you ask the question and make sure you read the small print VERY carefully.

Hi Mooey,

I haven't taken the Barclays option yet, still thinking about it but at the moment I am using an old personal account for business purposes. When the original sales guy came to see me he told me there were NO termination charges, he obviously witheld information from me, so make sure you ask the question and make sure you read the small print VERY carefully.

Thanks Joe,

I asked the card save rep if there was a termination fee and she said there isn't if you give 30 days notice before the end of the contract. Otherwise there is a £150 fee! So glad I asked, thank you. I also popped into barclays who gave me such great service and offer so many perks that I'm pretty sure I'm going to do my business banking with them! Despite Santander being free - but you can always change over! Thanks again for your help.

Gemma x

If you go with Barclays you can get a better rate if you are a member of your local trade organisation. (I am with Cumbria Tourism).

We started saving about £800 a year on card charges when we switched from BARCLAYS to BARCLAYS! Being a member of Cumbria Tourism costs only £90 a year and there are other benefits like free legal advice etc..

Barclays dropped our Credit Card rates from 1.95% to 1.25% and Debit Card rates from 1.95% to 15p (which means you are better off on all payments over £7.69, which is nearly all).

We pay £15 a month for a static terminal and I think the GRPS was an extra £5 or £10 a month. Went for the static because it forces us to keep it on reception next to the diary, which means more chance of the therapist/client remembering to rebook!

Hi
I use Chip and Pin Solutions through RBS absolutely brilliant.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back