Credit Card Payment Machine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa S

Reaction score
Hi, I am wanting to start taking payment by credit/debit card as just taking cash/cheques is inconvenient for a lot of my clients, can anyone advise me on which Company/Bank is the best to go with. I have had a quote off Cardsave and am awaiting one from RBS but I don't know what I should be looking at paying and want to pay as little as possible being a small business (just me!) Thanks for any advice x

You could try Barclays, an ex boss used Allied Irish but I think he had to put up a £40k bond.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

hi im not in the salon business, but use them in other retail outlets i have, i use streamline through rbs (royal bank of scotland), you dont need to bank with them, just use them for card payments. its about £15 a month plus vat for terminal rental, and youll pay about 28p for debit transactions and 1.5% for credit card transactions. no bonds required!! i put a minimum £20 spend on them, which your not supose to do. but you are allowed to charge lets say a 50p/ £1 handling charge, but that just gets their backs up so i just go with the minimum spend (tut tut). its really worth doing as you can get the average spend up. hope this helps and good luck. david

If you join the FSB then you'll get free business banking with the Co-op, and a much reduced rate on a streamline machine.

You've probably already found the cheapest out there, Lisa (Cardsave).

Thanks for your input x

I am also looking into this and there are so many companies out there! I am so confused :-(

I looked into this thoroughly and went with Cardsave. They are fantastic and the best company to go with. Lowest charges, no hidden charges and you don't pay for the terminal unlike RBS with whom I bank , they wanted £150 for the machine!

I have had no problems at all. They even visit you to set it all up.

Cardsave is at the top of my list at the moment, would I be able to ask you on here what you pay with them? I know there is no set-up fee but just wondering what you pay monthy + vat for the machine, and what rates for debit and credit cards. I understand if you can't say on here, I just desperately need the best deal going but also want to go with a decent company. Thanks x

Cardsave is at the top of my list at the moment, would I be able to ask you on here what you pay with them? I know there is no set-up fee but just wondering what you pay monthy + vat for the machine, and what rates for debit and credit cards. I understand if you can't say on here, I just desperately need the best deal going but also want to go with a decent company. Thanks x

I will pm you

Plz could u send me the info on cardsave as am currently with streamline but it's expensive x

If you put CARDSAVE into google they are at the top, there is a number on their website you can call or email them. Get a few prices together, don't take their first offer, they, as with any other company will want your business and within reason be prepared to match legitimate quotes you have. x

I'm with Cardsave thanks to Catherine S and all her hard work. I had a few teething problems but once they were sorted it's the best thing I've ever done. I won't accept cheques at all now, so it now saves me time and fuel not going to the bank.

I will pm you

Please can you PM me their quote as well. I was on their website but I'll have to wait till next week to hear from them now. Thanks:)

Oooo me too please :) x

Can you PM me too, that would be great thank you.

Debbie

And me too xx

Me too if u have a spare minute x

Just seen this lol, sorry but I just dont have time to send sooo many pms but just call Cardsave, like I did and they will do it all for you.

Latest posts

Back