Custom col bld rebalance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teeka3pn

Reaction score
Hiya,
This may seem a stupid question but I could really do with some advice please, I've had a look at previous threads but cannot find what I'm looking for.
Last night I rebalanced my friends nails, she'd let them grow out for three weeks!! So that when I reduced the length there was absolutely no white left at all and her zone three was now in her zone 2.
Would I have been better soaking off rather than attempting a rebalance, (it's only the 2nd cust col bld rebalance I've done).
I reduced the thickness and ended up using one colour, (warm pink) with a top coat of Northern lights silver.
Thinking back would I be right in thinking if I had reduced the thickness as I had I could just have applied a smile line as if I was doing a new set even though it would have been over old colour?
Am i right in thinking with rebalances you only soak off when you absolutely have to.
All advice gratefully received as you can't really practise re-balances

Many thanks,

Ali x

The idea of a rebalance is to put everything back to where it should be...reduce any thickness particularly the free edge, replace the smile line, replace the apex and fill in the growth area. You only really need to soak off if there are any problems....such as a lot of lifting....in that case it may be easier to soak off rather than trying to file all the lifting out, so yes...basically your just doing what you would do if you were doing a new set but obviously you have to prep and file the necessary areas first and use less product x

Hiya,
This may seem a stupid question but I could really do with some advice please, I've had a look at previous threads but cannot find what I'm looking for.
Last night I rebalanced my friends nails, she'd let them grow out for three weeks!! So that when I reduced the length there was absolutely no white left at all and her zone three was now in her zone 2.
Would I have been better soaking off rather than attempting a rebalance, (it's only the 2nd cust col bld rebalance I've done).
I reduced the thickness and ended up using one colour, (warm pink) with a top coat of Northern lights silver.

Thinking back would I be right in thinking if I had reduced the thickness as I had I could just have applied a smile line as if I was doing a new set even though it would have been over old colour?

Yes, reduce thickness, apply white in zone 1 as if doing a new set, repostion apex when doing zone 2, fill zone 3 as normal.

Am i right in thinking with rebalances you only soak off when you absolutely have to.

Yes, you should be able to rebalnce a pink & white client every time, unless you have to remove due to infection or similar.

All advice gratefully received as you can't really practise re-balances

Thats true if you dont have a lot of clients, but you could take a re-balance skills building course, I did one recently and learned lots!

Many thanks,

Ali x

Hope this helps xx

Latest posts

Back