Custom nail "paperweight" thingys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes ok guys, cholo makes a good point and I've had my rant now and lots of great advice given by you all also thanks, I agree not to mention it anymore! I was just so angry earlier I couldn't help it and your the only people who will understand!! I've tried moaning to my other half and he looks blank at the mere concept of a nail dome lol!!!

Anyway enough moaning now back to the thread at hand....

Last edited:
And back to the main topic.... I'm getting excited about ordering mine on Thursday... ♎🚨🌈🎊🔮👏👍👌💟
Some dome shaped emotes and the excitement too lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know you've moved on but for clarity Hazeleyes & Cholo are both right...

Cholo sold via ebay & the buyer used ebay resolution centre. When a case is opened on ebay the funds have effectively been removed from your paypal account & are held by ebay. Because this hold made your paypal balance negative you also couldn't refund until you uploaded funds. So you're right - you couldn't refund via paypal & needed to do so via the ebay case path once you sorted out your balance.

Hazeleyes on the other hand only used paypal checkout. So her case was in paypal resolution centre. In this instance the seller needs to refund via the transaction details in paypal.

You never ever close a case in either resolution centre without refund confirmation. They can't be reopened & the case protects your buyer rights.

As a general observation about small sellers... They often struggle with returns even if their intentions are honourable. The money has long been spent & lots do not keep an emergency reserve. So they compound the problem by having to take new orders to fund any older issues. It's a really common recipe for disaster when businesses are small & sellers are inexperienced.

I know you've moved on but for clarity Hazeleyes & Cholo are both right...

Cholo sold via ebay & the buyer used ebay resolution centre. When a case is opened on ebay the funds have effectively been removed from your paypal account & are held by ebay. Because this hold made your paypal balance negative you also couldn't refund until you uploaded funds. So you're right - you couldn't refund via paypal & needed to do so via the ebay case path once you sorted out your balance.

Hazeleyes on the other hand only used paypal checkout. So her case was in paypal resolution centre. In this instance the seller needs to refund via the transaction details in paypal.

You never ever close a case in either resolution centre without refund confirmation. They can't be reopened & the case protects your buyer rights.

As a general observation about small sellers... They often struggle with returns even if their intentions are honourable. The money has long been spent & lots do not keep an emergency reserve. So they compound the problem by having to take new orders to fund any older issues. It's a really common recipe for disaster when businesses are small & sellers are inexperienced.

Thanks for providing that clarity! These things are so complex sometimes
X

I think people in here should stop bitching about the woman who makes the nail domes, if any of you read what she had to put on here was very hard for her and nobody should ever had to put their personal life's on things like this! I can understand why you all like you are but if you got a caring bone in your body then you should understand. How would you you fell if the shoe was on the other foot and it was you going though the same situation and trying the keep things together! need to give the lady a break. I have ordered one from her can't wait for it to come and Im not bothered how long it takes, as I can't make them myself too much hassle. Thanks

I think people in here should stop bitching about the woman who makes the nail domes, if any of you read what she had to put on here was very hard for her and nobody should ever had to put their personal life's on things like this! I can understand why you all like you are but if you got a caring bone in your body then you should understand. How would you you fell if the shoe was on the other foot and it was you going though the same situation and trying the keep things together! need to give the lady a break. I have ordered one from her can't wait for it to come and Im not bothered how long it takes, as I can't make them myself too much hassle. Thanks

I don't think there was any need to drag 'the woman who makes the nail domes' up again, as a line was drawn under that 5/6 hours ago, as I expect you'd see if you read back a few comments. I'm sure we all hope you have a pleasant experience regarding your purchase and it doesn't take long to arrive.

Yes that conversation is dead and buried now... We have moved on! I'm very much over it, I think we all are?

But just an aside really and truly we are all going through stuff right now. You don't know what I may or may not be going through. Just because I don't put it all in here doesn't mean anything. Hope you like your dome. Thank you.

I want to know where everyone else's photos are! There's about 6 that I know of that bought kits...don't be shy ladies!! Xx

I want to know where everyone else's photos are! There's about 6 that I know of that bought kits...don't be shy ladies!! Xx

My nails look pants at the moment, I broke one, re growth galore and slightly off white tips lol. I would do your dome no justice right now lol :-(

I will whisper this just to you Hazeleyes...

I chewed my acrylics off last night!!!!!!!!

I am a self confessed chewer, but have been in remission for almost 4 months. I really don't know what occurred, but my natural nails are f*#!*#!!!!

😭

Yes, How are the others getting on... One can only assume they are de-fuming their houses and eagerly shining and buffing their domes?? No?

I will whisper this just to you Hazeleyes...

I chewed my acrylics off last night!!!!!!!!

I am a self confessed chewer, but have been in remission for almost 4 months. I really don't know what occurred, but my natural nails are f*#!*#!!!!

😭

Omg!!!!! A travesty! How could you (although I admit I always removed mine using my teeth before it's only now I'm a reformed character)

IBX will be your new companion me thinks?!!

I ordered one of the photo glass paper weights from Canada that were linked in the other thread. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not concerned as international shipping can often take a month.

The description on the website explained that there is a recess in the bottom for things to be added, so I'm excited about playing around with 3D objects. If all else fails I'll paint the inside of the recess, similar to how the gelish rings are made.

I'll be sure to post progress when it arrives :)

I ordered one of the photo glass paper weights from Canada that were linked in the other thread. It hasn't arrived yet, but I'm not concerned as international shipping can often take a month.

The description on the website explained that there is a recess in the bottom for things to be added, so I'm excited about playing around with 3D objects. If all else fails I'll paint the inside of the recess, similar to how the gelish rings are made.

Kind of like a do it yourself one? But already cast for you?

That sounds cool! Definitely post a pic :)

After my l experience I'm just glad to have a nail globe made by twinners. I will never again buy through Facebook!

Same, can't wait to be able to ask Twinners for a nail globe.

Can't wait to receive my globe from twinners :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

They're en route in a few, ladies <3

Hi all, the Facebook page is up and running- can you all visit like and share it please.... I think it needs a certain amount of likes to get an actual web address but it's The Picture Dome on Facebook! So far it's quite basic Me and Twinners will keep working on it!

Xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back