Custom nail "paperweight" thingys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the pic of mine Jo, they look great xx Thankyou xx

That looks great Twinners, lovely!

Love these! Gona have a play haha but I already know it'll end in disaster! Xxxx

Twinners you are a natural!!! That looked awesome xxx

Twinners you really are good at this.., like a duck to water!! Nail dome eat your heart out (don't care if I'm taboo in saying that) Nail Globe is the way forward!!!! If you want virtual help Twinners I can help you do a FB page etc!! You only have to ask!

Maybe one of the mods can change the thread title to NAIL GLOBES?! Ha ha

Twinners you really are good at this.., like a duck to water!! Nail dome eat your heart out (don't care if I'm taboo in saying that) Nail Globe is the way forward!!!! If you want virtual help Twinners I can help you do a FB page etc!! You only have to ask!

Maybe one of the mods can change the thread title to NAIL GLOBES?! Ha ha

Oh bless you all! I'm not stopping at nails, I've done a couple of pets and I'll be doing kids pics as well when I get my new batch delivered.

Anyone else doing them: you'll also want wet and dry sand paper of around 2600 grit, a polishing compound and a buffing bit to put on a drill. They turn out not perfectly glossy, so you need to put a bit of elbow grease in after they're fully air dry.

Hazeleyes, I'm rubbish with pages, any help would be fabulous! Xxx

Oh bless you all! I'm not stopping at nails, I've done a couple of pets and I'll be doing kids pics as well when I get my new batch delivered.

Anyone else doing them: you'll also want wet and dry sand paper of around 2600 grit, a polishing compound and a buffing bit to put on a drill. They turn out not perfectly glossy, so you need to put a bit of elbow grease in after they're fully air dry.

Hazeleyes, I'm rubbish with pages, any help would be fabulous! Xxx

More then happy to help... I love all that social media stuff!

Start taking pics of your work - I will take one of mine when it comes, precious can takes one of hers and we can get a page started!

Love you, thank you so much! I can't wait to see some more pics from other geekers, it's so exciting turning them out, I love it xx

This is why I love this site.

Take an idea, run with it, get some help from other geeks and before you know it, you have a business! Doesn't get better than this.

Good luck Twinners!

This is why I love this site.

Take an idea, run with it, get some help from other geeks and before you know it, you have a business! Doesn't get better than this.

Good luck Twinners!

Best of luck Twinners. .. You'll be just fine until someone dislikes something! Have I mentioned I'm in a bad mood today. :what:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Well done Twinners, they look great. I was thinking of doing one until I read your experience with the strength and longevity of the smell, so probably won't bother now. Make sure you let us all know your FB page so we can like it.

Best of luck Twinners. .. You'll be just fine until someone dislikes something! Have I mentioned I'm in a bad mood today. :what:

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

You're not wrong there! I think I have enough OCD and a healthy enough fear of being castigated to keep me on the ball haha xx

Well done Twinners, they look great. I was thinking of doing one until I read your experience with the strength and longevity of the smell, so probably won't bother now. Make sure you let us all know your FB page so we can like it.

Honestly don't let it stop you, if you want to try! I make sure all windows are kept open and my kids are out of the house. There are slower setting resins, that take a week or so to cure, that are far less noxious. Maybe give one of those a go? Xx

Honestly don't let it stop you, if you want to try! I make sure all windows are kept open and my kids are out of the house. There are slower setting resins, that take a week or so to cure, that are far less noxious. Maybe give one of those a go? Xx

I will PM you and get info and I will do a page when your ready then we can all share it to our friends etc,

X

Last edited:

Hmm, I may offer it to my husband to do as a project in his workshop. It's way too cold for me to be out there and I think he would probably enjoy it.

Maybe the Facebook page could be something like 'custom photo weights and globes'? To account for the extra fun stuff like pet pics that you mentioned?

I have no intentions of trying this myself, I don't have doggy safe zone where I could be certain my pets won't try to eat it lol. But I am curious, do you think pre made 3D acrylic art could be encapsulated into one/or would stick securely to the top?

I would say you could encapsulate everything bar hair (why would anyone want to) and chocolate, as it gets red hot while it cures xx

I will PM you and get info and I will do a page when your ready then we can all share it to our friends etc,

X

Well I can't reply until you empty some of your inbox...hoarder!! Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back